Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Did Santa Bring Your Bengals Gear?
(12-26-2022, 12:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I was sort of hoping for something of a different gear.  The way they run these commercials with red bows on cars showing up on people's driveways, I figured I was due.  Am I the only one not getting a free new car? But no luck.  Maybe next year.

My favorite one has a guy giving his wife a new puppy, and then she gifts him a $50k pickup.  Where do you find women like that?  Not around my house, that's for sure.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm buying some Bengals gear this week. My wife got us tickets to MNF. First time in Cincy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Yep must have been good this year because I scored two new Bengals shirts.

like both of them even lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I got a little revenge this year. I bought a ton of cheap Bengals gear and gave it out to family and friends lol. Most of them are Steelers fans that have been giving me random Steelers stuff for years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 02:10 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm buying some Bengals gear this week. My wife got us tickets to MNF. First time in Cincy.

Do you know which chili parlor you will go to?  This thread could have a major derail over this  Tongue

(12-27-2022, 10:39 AM)Synric Wrote: I got a little revenge this year. I bought a ton of cheap Bengals gear and gave it out to family and friends lol. Most of them are Steelers fans that have been giving me random Steelers stuff for years.

If I ever got Steelers stuff for Christmas I'd cordially invite the giver to follow me into the kitchen, where I'd wad up their gift and stuff it into the trash along with the coffee grounds and egg shells.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Thought that it was going to be a No Dey Christmas. All that was left to open was our family Secret Santa. Fortunately it was my son who drew my name, and he blew past the $50 dollar limit with this gem. I do spring for the tickets, so he must think I deserve a little extra love.

https://www.nflshop.com/cincinnati-bengals/mens-cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-nike-orange-alternate-game-jersey/t-36936826+p-6022721807441+z-9-2720510256?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c2:po-2

PS, Mrs. Speedy scored a very nice Bengals pullover.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:27 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, Santa did not bring me any Bengals gear this year. I waited all night for him to show up. For a moment, I thought I saw Joe Burrow guiding the sleigh with the offensive line pulling it. lol I wonder if others got anything Bengals related for Christmas?

I only allow a T-shirt or coffee mug bought for me.  My kids are just getting started and I don't want them spending anything on me, but I did get a cool Bengals winter hat (my old one was so old the black looked almost blue) and a ROY F'N KENT coffee mug and matching T-shirt.  If you have seen Ted Lasso, you get it.  I absolutely love Roy Kent.  He is who we all want to be but can't because society is a bunch of creampuffs. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 08:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I got an oversized Bengals sweatshirt and some Bengals Christmas ornaments. It was a great Christmas overall, but fun to receive Cincinnati related gifts.

I just realized for the first time in ages, I didn't get an ornament.  They were almost always Bengals...and I realized, it was always from my mom.  She passed in July.  

I have so many Bengal ornaments now.  While still married, my wife would put most of them where you couldn't see them on the tree.  One year, she bought me a mini-tree so I could put up all my Bengal ornaments.  It is awesome.  I put it up in my office every year and it has a Bengals Santa hat as the star.  

If I had any scan/post skills, I would share pictures.  

Who Dey, and Merry Christmas.  
Reply/Quote
Signed Higgins jersey and lower level 50 yard line Ravens game tickets. Santa was good.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:27 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, Santa did not bring me any Bengals gear this year. I waited all night for him to show up. For a moment, I thought I saw Joe Burrow guiding the sleigh with the offensive line pulling it. lol I wonder if others got anything Bengals related for Christmas?

I didn't, no, but when i went to see the new Avatar movie yesterday there was a kid with a Bengals-themed Santa hat (complete with Who Dey on it) here in Lancaster, PA. I, of course, told him "Who Dey" and he told his dad and I could tell I made his day.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I just realized for the first time in ages, I didn't get an ornament.  They were almost always Bengals...and I realized, it was always from my mom.  She passed in July.  

I have so many Bengal ornaments now.  While still married, my wife would put most of them where you couldn't see them on the tree.  One year, she bought me a mini-tree so I could put up all my Bengal ornaments.  It is awesome.  I put it up in my office every year and it has a Bengals Santa hat as the star.  

How awesome that you shared Bengals love with your mom.  I never play golf or go to a Bengals game without thinking of my dad.  When my hands go to the sky after a TD, I choke up.  Every single time.

Merry Who Dey Christmas to you.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I just realized for the first time in ages, I didn't get an ornament.  They were almost always Bengals...and I realized, it was always from my mom.  She passed in July.  

I am very sorry to hear about your mother. A Bengals themed mini tree sounds like a perfect addition to the office, hopefully I can collect enough Bengals trinkets to make it happen. 

Merry Christmas to you as well, Racer. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: My favorite one has a guy giving his wife a new puppy, and then she gifts him a $50k pickup.  Where do you find women like that?  Not around my house, that's for sure.  

That chick is all right.  But I'd rather have tickets to a Bengals Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: My favorite one has a guy giving his wife a new puppy, and then she gifts him a $50k pickup.  Where do you find women like that?  Not around my house, that's for sure.  

I got a woman like that...Unfortunately, the $50K comes out of my bank account and I'd get a Dodge instead of the Ford I wanted. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:40 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: How awesome that you shared Bengals love with your mom.  I never play golf or go to a Bengals game without thinking of my dad.  When my hands go to the sky after a TD, I choke up.  Every single time.

Merry Who Dey Christmas to you.

With you, brother.  My dad is still with us....he's 90 and struggling without mom, who we lost late July, but I'm proud of him.  Still hits the gym 3X a week, still drives his 2003 Corvette ZO6 (with a 7 speed MANUAL!) to his retiree lunches. Haha.  But I take care of him pretty much daily at this point.  He isn't about to learn to cook, do laundry, etc. as my mom did all that stuff.  I don't mind it, as he did so much for us.

I have asked God on so many occasions (I believe he doesn't watch football) for a Super Bowl win while Dad is still here to see it with me.  We have been rooting together pretty much since birth as I arrived the same year the Bengals became a team.  It has always been "our thing".  My son could care less.  Maybe he has seen the misery it has caused?  Haha.  

I feel you and missing your dad.  First Holidays without Mom were tough, but we still have each other.  

Take care and hope 2023 has lots of good things in store for you, including pointing to the sky after Joe Burrow takes a victory knee in the Super Bowl.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I got a woman like that...Unfortunately, the $50K comes out of my bank account and I'd get a Dodge instead of the Ford I wanted. 

That would suck getting a Dodge...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That would suck getting a Dodge...

Not if it's a Dodge Charger. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not if it's a Dodge Charger. 

C8 Corvette would be the right answer…I would have loved to get one for Christmas right up until I realized that it was coming out of our joint bank account. Any new vehicle would have to be quickly returned because I don’t want that payment right now! Mrs Griswold nailed it anyways with Bengals gear and the white helmet.

Thanks to those of you sharing your Bengals/Christmas stories. I enjoy reading them as I am the original Bengals fan in my family.
Reply/Quote
All I wanted for Christmas was a RT not named Adeniji. Santa left me high and dry. White- bearded bast@rd.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Didn't get any gear but my daughter bought me tix for the Ravens game. I got her a tee shirt that says Cin City and has an outline of Ohio with Bengal strips.
Reply/Quote