Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Someone Say Bowers?
Wonder if we can find a team drafting high that would be willing to draft Bowers to secure him so we can make the trade with Higgins.
Reply/Quote
What did drafting a TE in the first do for the Bills?

Will it move the needle for an offense that a good year for a TE is 550 yards.

A wideout in this offense moves the needle more if a weapon is wanted at 18.

I think Bowers is falling so it’s going to be a discussion at 18. No pre draft workouts means he’s a forgotten man. As far as rising stock.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I could definitely get behind this draft.

I like the value of Kiran Amegadjie in the 3rd at OT. He has elite athleticism and length traits and needs coaching. This sounds pretty similar to Mims or Lathom but its 1.5 rounds later.

If Bowers falls this could be a great pick. He could certainly help on offense and maybe we switch to running two tight ends out there more often. I'd honestly still prefer Newton, but I like the prospect of having a deep tight end room and running more heavy formations where we could be running or passing.

Sweat in the 2nd is a no brainer. I do worry me may have to trade up to secure him. And I wonder if we have to trade up to secure Aemgadjie as well due to his athletic traits.

We have a lot of the same players in our mocks actually. McCaffrey to me stands out as a future all star in the slot. He's got football IQ and toughness off the charts. He may not be considered a burner, but he has a lot of speed and quickness on the field. I think he would be an upgrade to Boyd when he figures it out.

Mintor is a great prospect as well at guard.

You definitely did a good job of addressing the trenches and adding some solid playmakers.

I don't know much about the later players but grabbing a Corner from Auborn sounds like a good idea. I'm sure he can tackle.
Reply/Quote
There was a poster on here that was willing to bet 100 bucks to anyone, saying he had “inside info” that the Bengals FO won’t take Bowers even if he falls to us. Not sure his reason why they wouldn’t. Hope it’s not true, but wouldn’t surprise me after passing on Mayer last year. Same situation, most said we didn’t stand a chance at Mayer without moving up. Anyone remember seeing this poster?
Reply/Quote
I think Bowers may go in the top 10. If he gets out of the top 10, I don't see him making it past Indy at 15. If he does make it to 18 I hope the Bengals take a hard pass and still go OT. Bowers may turn out to be a superstar but the Bengals need to protect Burrow at all cost, we can't afford another season ending injury. Now, if they move Tee that may move the needle a bit. There is a lot of OT talent in the draft this year. If they could get Bowers, a good tackle prospect and a DT in the 3rd. that would be the ideal scenario. All in all I don't think Bowers makes it to 18 and I don't think Sweat makes it to 49. Tee may be the wildcard in this situation, have to see what the Bengals will do with him , if anything. Could be an interesting 40 or so days ahead.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 01:58 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I think Bowers may go in the top 10. If he gets out of the top 10, I don't see him making it past Indy at 15. If he does make it to 18 I hope the Bengals take a hard pass and still go OT. Bowers may turn out to be a superstar but the Bengals need to protect Burrow at all cost, we can't afford another season ending injury. Now, if they move Tee that may move the needle a bit. There is a lot of OT talent in the draft this year. If they could get Bowers, a good tackle prospect and a DT in the 3rd. that would be the ideal scenario. All in all I don't think Bowers makes it to 18 and I don't think Sweat makes it to 49. Tee may be the wildcard in this situation, have to see what the Bengals will do with him , if anything. Could be an interesting 40 or so days ahead.

You want to waste another first round pick on a tackle that Pollack can't coach and skip out on a generational talent like Bowers?

I agree in protecting Burrow but we need to be smart about it. Bowers as a sure thing is more valuable than taking the risk of drafting a tackle in the first who could very likely bust. 

Bowers would also provide a safety blanket and help slow the pass rush from backers.

We're (likely) losing Tee either this year or next and I'd rather have Bowers to draw attention off of Chase by keeping safeties and backers off of him.
Reply/Quote
Again, this Bowers talk reminds me of all the hype for Mayer last year. "Having a TE like that would completely change the offense" "we would be unstoppable" etc.. Bowers is far from a sure thing and his impact is even less unsure in the offense the Bengals run. I think Bowers will still be there at #18 and I think the Bengals pass on him like they wisely did on Mayer last year. As history has shown, great TEs are something you can find after the 1st round
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Again, this Bowers talk reminds me of all the hype for Mayer last year.  "Having a TE like that would completely change the offense" "we would be unstoppable" etc..  Bowers is far from a sure thing and his impact is even less unsure in the offense the Bengals run.  I think Bowers will still be there at #18 and I think the Bengals pass on him like they wisely did on Mayer last year.  As history has shown, great TEs are something you can find after the 1st round

This^^^^^  There is no such thing as a "sure thing" when it comes to draft picks. If the Bengals keep Tee, they have a lot of weapons on offense even without Boyd. Bowers would be a luxury pick IMO. I would look at a TE like Erick All, in the later rounds if I wanted to add another TE. I think All is the "sleeper" TE in the draft this year. We could also draft another WR in the draft but we have Jones and Iosivas to take up the slack for Boyd so I would like to get a RT, NT, CB and maybe LG before WR or a TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Again, this Bowers talk reminds me of all the hype for Mayer last year.  "Having a TE like that would completely change the offense" "we would be unstoppable" etc..  Bowers is far from a sure thing and his impact is even less unsure in the offense the Bengals run.  I think Bowers will still be there at #18 and I think the Bengals pass on him like they wisely did on Mayer last year.  As history has shown, great TEs are something you can find after the 1st round

So what about Brock Bowers leads you to believe he won't be an offensive weapon in the NFL? 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:06 PM)Synric Wrote: So what about Brock Bowers leads you to believe he won't be an offensive weapon in the NFL? 

Probably the same things that we thought about Kyle Pitts and his once in a decade talent.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Probably the same things that we thought about Kyle Pitts and his once in a decade talent.

Michael Mayer, Kyle Pitts, and Brock Bowers are all very different TE prospects. I have yet to hear anyone talk about Bowers as a prospect it's mostly don't draft him because of Kyle Pitts, don't draft him because of Michael Mayer, don't draft him because Uzomah and Hurst weren't dominant weapons...

No one is talking about what makes Bowers a top 10 prospect and if you are ignoring that you're viewing the draft wrong.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Michael Mayer, Kyle Pitts, and Brock Bowers are all very different TE prospects. I have yet to hear anyone talk about Bowers as a prospect it's mostly don't draft him because of Kyle Pitts, don't draft him because of Michael Mayer, don't draft him because Uzomah and Hurst weren't dominant weapons...

No one is talking about what makes Bowers a top 10 prospect and if you are ignoring that you're viewing the draft wrong.

Those are my thoughts exactly, but also when people "we don't use a tight end enough to validate drafting him."

First off, Zac isn't going to ignore a weapon like Bowers just because we haven't had a tight end as good as he is.

Second, Burrow's going to look his way or talk to Zac because a tight end like Bowers would be his best friend as an outlet with a shaky offensive line.

Third, we actually did Hurst a fair amount in our playoff run last season and I think he was our #2 receiver in the playoffs behind Chase, so think how good we'd be with Bowers.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Michael Mayer, Kyle Pitts, and Brock Bowers are all very different TE prospects. I have yet to hear anyone talk about Bowers as a prospect it's mostly don't draft him because of Kyle Pitts, don't draft him because of Michael Mayer, don't draft him because Uzomah and Hurst weren't dominant weapons...

Every year there are people who hype "can't miss"  "generational talent" draft guys. Mayer was last years "cant miss" "he wont be there" guys.  When all was said and done, Mayer was pretty mediocre in his first NFL season.  He was certainly not the game changer some of our fans made him out to be.  This year the new TE hype guy is Brock Bowers.  

Nobody is saying Bowers couldnt end up being good.   What has been said is you cant claim every year that if we just draft this one TE he is going to completely change the offense.  Nobody knows how these guys are going to do at the NFL level.  The example is Mayer and all they hype you guys gave him last year.    If Bowers is not picked this year, I am sure some of our fans would find a new "generational" TE talent in next years draft because some of you believe if we just added a great TE our offense would be unstoppable.  There are too many unknowns with any of these guys to make such claims.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 12:26 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Every year there are people who hype "can't miss"  "generational talent" draft guys. Mayer was last years "cant miss" "he wont be there" guys.  When all was said and done, Mayer was pretty mediocre in his first NFL season.  He was certainly not the game changer some of our fans made him out to be.  This year the new TE hype guy is Brock Bowers.  

Nobody is saying Bowers couldnt end up being good.   What has been said is you cant claim every year that if we just draft this one TE he is going to completely change the offense.  Nobody knows how these guys are going to do at the NFL level.  The example is Mayer and all they hype you guys gave him last year.    If Bowers is not picked this year, I am sure some of our fans would find a new "generational" TE talent in next years draft because some of you believe if we just added a great TE our offense would be unstoppable.  There are too many unknowns with any of these guys to make such claims.

Yes no one likes the term generational talent, prospects do miss any every position, and Michael Mayer had a meh year on a bad team in Las Vegas... none of that has anything to do with Brock Bowers.

What about Brock Bowers says he is not worth pick #18? 

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 11:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Those are my thoughts exactly, but also when people "we don't use a tight end enough to validate drafting him."

First off, Zac isn't going to ignore a weapon like Bowers just because we haven't had a tight end as good as he is.

Second, Burrow's going to look his way or talk to Zac because a tight end like Bowers would be his best friend as an outlet with a shaky offensive line.

Third, we actually did Hurst a fair amount in our playoff run last season and I think he was our #2 receiver in the playoffs behind Chase, so think how good we'd be with Bowers.

Bowers is the only player I would take at 18 that’s not a OT/DT/C. Highly doubt he will be there, but like another poster said, it may come down to Tee.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 09:05 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Bowers is the only player I would take at 18 that’s not a OT/DT/C. Highly doubt he will be there, but like another poster said, it may come down to Tee.

I agree completely.

I'm praying that we can pull off a trade with the Patriots to swap Tee for their pick at #34 and then we take Bowers in the first and OT then Sweat at DT in the second.

The injuries scare me, but I think Connor Williams is still available at center and I'd love to sign him.

I'd rather have a veteran center over a rookie in our division and there's likely (hopefully) to be a few surprise cuts, so maybe we could get one that way.
Reply/Quote
No surprise, I am with Synric and Brad on this one, Brock Bowers is just different and comparing him to Mayer specifically is just dumb.

Brock is the best Yards After Catch TE I have ever seen in college and a weapon like him would not be wasted in an Offense with a QB
like Joe Burrow who just finds the open man. The geniuses acting like OT in the first is a sure thing are the ones I am a little critical of
right now off of history. Love Fuaga, but he can be said to be more of a Guard with his shorter arms. Mims is extremely talented, but
with only 8 games of tape, Latham skipped workouts and we all know how that works out with our early OL picks as a Bengals fan, Og,
Fish, Price and Carman...

Not a great crowd to be in. Guyton's film does not impress me. I actually like Fautanu after Fuaga and Mims now the more I watch.
Reply/Quote
Quick Greg Cosell thing on Brock Bowers.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2024, 10:37 AM)Synric Wrote: Quick Greg Cosell thing on Brock Bowers.

People on this board are ignoring that and acting like he'll be the traditional tight end and we won't be able to find ways to use him.

He'd do so much in occupying safeties and backers because, like Tucker says, he has great open field moves and route running. I realize game speed may be different, but, given how well he moves, I think it's worthwhile to point out that Bowers ran a 4.5 40 and Higgins ran a 4.54. Bowers' vertical (40.20) is also better than Higgins' (31), so I'm not really seeing why we'd pay Higgins stupid amounts of money when Bowers can be better and do more for our offense with being a bigger target and occupying more defenders.
Reply/Quote
I could see the bengals not wanting to pay a TE franchise player money, I could also see Bowers possibly not meshing well with the FO. I would bet money on NYJ taking him.
Reply/Quote