Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Did Trump try to fire Mueller?
Yes.

Even FOX's sources admit it...in perhaps one of THE funniest attempts at spin by anyone not on this board.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Trump getting huffy and stating that he wants to fire Mueller, and actually attempting to do so, are two entirely different things.

You know what I mean?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-26-2018, 06:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trump getting huffy and stating that he wants to fire Mueller, and actually attempting to do so, are two entirely different things.  

You know what I mean?

Ordering an underling to actually fire Mueller is not an entirely different thing from attempting to do so, is it--even if the underling refuses to carry out the order?

Looks like more evidence of obstruction to me.  
(01-26-2018, 06:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.

Even FOX's sources admit it...in perhaps one of THE funniest attempts at spin by anyone not on this board.

Interesting that so many of Trump's advisors and lawyers are working overtime to prevent him from precipitating his own impeachment.  His judgment is so bad he learned nothing from firing Comey.  

I say let Trump be Trump and let's get it over with.
(01-26-2018, 06:43 PM)Dill Wrote: Ordering an underling to actually fire Mueller is not an entirely different thing from attempting to do so, is it--even if the underling refuses to carry out the order?

Looks like more evidence of obstruction to me.  

Are you making a statement, or asking a question?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-26-2018, 06:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trump getting huffy and stating that he wants to fire Mueller, and actually attempting to do so, are two entirely different things.

You know what I mean?

My understanding is that he did order it, then backed off.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

You know what I mean?

Exactly
(01-26-2018, 07:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My understanding is that he did order it, then backed off.

Just last night I ordered a beer then backed off and ordered a whiskey instead.

I think we are all entitled to change our minds.
(01-26-2018, 07:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just last night I ordered a beer then backed off and ordered a whiskey instead.

I was merely stating that it was my understanding that he did order it, not just say he wanted to as was claimed. Your defense is noted, though not adequate.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-26-2018, 07:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just last night I ordered a beer then backed off and ordered a whiskey instead.  

Did the waiter refuse to bring you the beer? Otherwise, not much of a comparison.
(01-26-2018, 07:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was merely stating that it was my understanding that he did order it, not just say he wanted to as was claimed. Your defense is noted, though not adequate.

It’s plenty adequate
I really dislike Trump, but I wish I could watch the news without it all being about leaks and accusations and all this bullshit. Not saying he does not need to be investigated but I am just getting tired of every minor detail being blown up into a huge issue.

To me this latest accusation about firing Meuller does not prove Trump was crooked. It just shows that he is stupid and thin skinned. In fact, even if they never find any proof of collusion the way Trump is handling all of this proves to me that he is not qualified to be President. He has no idea how any of this works and he has no control over his compulsions.

The only thing I like about it is that it is becoming clear that he is MISERABLE as President. It sounds crazy, but now that he is the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth he actually has less power to do whatever he wants to do. And that is eating him up.
(01-26-2018, 08:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s plenty adequate

The world you live in is interesting.

(01-26-2018, 08:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The world you live in is interesting.

The world where you can change your mind before it’s put into action?
(01-26-2018, 08:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The world where you can change your mind before it’s put into action?

The world where you think defending against something that was never said is adequate. I never said anything about him changing his mind, whether he did or didn't, whether he could or couldn't. Yet that is this narrative that you have somehow crafted in your mind. It's very interesting to see this play out.

(01-26-2018, 07:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My understanding is that he did order it, then backed off.

That is likely true, I just don't see the merit in making a big deal of it.

I know that I have thoughts, and sometimes articulate them into speech, and then change my mind and decide not to follow through.  Seems like a very human thing to occur.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-26-2018, 08:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The world where you think defending against something that was never said is adequate. I never said anything about him changing his mind, whether he did or didn't, whether he could or couldn't. Yet that is this narrative that you have somehow crafted in your mind. It's very interesting to see this play out.

It’s irrelevant if he ordered it. He changed his mind before it went forward. Sounds like We are on the same side of the issue here..... I just don’t see why it’s a big deal.
(01-26-2018, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is likely true, I just don't see the merit in making a big deal of it.

I know that I have thoughts, and sometimes articulate them into speech, and then change my mind and decide not to follow through.  Seems like a very human thing to occur.

There are several reasons this is newsworthy. First, it may show potential intent of obstruction. Second, the White House repeatedly denied any such conversation ever took place. And lastly, why is this being leaked now? Has it been a discussion again and this is a way to prevent it?

He changed his mind only when WH Counsel threatened to resign. It is entirely possible that is the office from which this leak came.

(01-26-2018, 11:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are several reasons this is newsworthy. First, it may show potential intent of obstruction. Second, the White House repeatedly denied any such conversation ever took place. And lastly, why is this being leaked now? Has it been a discussion again and this is a way to prevent it?

He changed his mind only when WH Counsel threatened to resign. It is entirely possible that is the office from which this leak came.

All of that is most definitely possible.  However, it might also be mentioned that perhaps some of the people used to help the President reach power, had also reached the end of their usefulness, and might have an axe to grind?

Attempting to make trivial human actions into large, newsworthy ordeals only works to embolden those that support the man.  The real question is why the media continues to promote trivial detail stories, when the real news is what's unfolding with the FBI.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-26-2018, 11:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All of that is most definitely possible.  However, it might also be mentioned that perhaps some of the people used to help the President reach power, had also reached the end of their usefulness, and might have an axe to grind?

Attempting to make trivial human actions into large, newsworthy ordeals only works to embolden those that support the man.  The real question is why the media continues to promote trivial detail stories, when the real news is what's unfolding with the FBI.  

The POTUS ordering the firing of the special counsel tasked with investigating Russian interference in the election he won and possible ties to his campaign is hardly trivial. I, personally, am baffled that could be seen as trivial.

As to the FBI, to which news are you speaking.