Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did You See Hendrickson Talking Smack To Villanueva?!
After Villanueva held Hendrickson and got called for it, Hendrickson went back to Villanueva and pointed up at the replay screen to talk **** to him!

I LOVED IT!

Villanueva looked PISSED!

Hilarious

THIS TEAM HAS SWAG!
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson tossed him around like a rag doll. I’m not sure any LT can handle him right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: After Villanueva held Hendrickson and got called for it, Hendrickson went back to Villanueva and pointed up at the replay screen to talk **** to him!

I LOVED IT!

Villanueva looked PISSED!

Hilarious

THIS TEAM HAS SWAG!

With the way the NFL has been dealing with flags for taunting this year, I honestly expected a 15 yarder on him for doing it.

Glad it didn't happen, but just beat your man and walk away. No need for that crap that could potentially hurt your team so you get to stroke your own ego.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hendrickson tossed him around like a rag doll. I’m not sure any LT can handle him right now.

I kind of wonder if Vilanuevo was off his game from getting moved back and forth from left to right and back.  I'm hoping he was playing his best game ever and Hendrickson still abused him that bad, but historically that guy is better than today's performance.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With the way the NFL has been dealing with flags for taunting this year, I honestly expected a 15 yarder on him for doing it.

Glad it didn't happen, but just beat your man and walk away. No need for that crap that could potentially hurt your team so you get to stroke your own ego.

Taunting penalties in the NFL need to be removed.  These guys are adults, not high school kids.  If these guys cant handle a little trash talk then they certainly cant handle the physical beating they take.  

Get rid of the taunting rule now!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
From the camera you really couldn't tell what he was saying. For all we know he was pointing to some woman's tits on the screen.. "Get a load of THAT rack!" Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With the way the NFL has been dealing with flags for taunting this year, I honestly expected a 15 yarder on him for doing it.

I thought the same, but then we have no idea what was said.  It might very well have been Al yelling "that wasn't a hold" to the ref and Trey pointing and saying "Watch it yourself".  Since the official is right there, hard to call the exchange I theorized as a taunt.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:19 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Taunting penalties in the NFL need to be removed.  These guys are adults, not high school kids.  If these guys cant handle a little trash talk then they certainly cant handle the physical beating they take.  

So, by your admission, it is not okay for high school kids (or younger).  Where do you think they get it from?  Watching NFL players on Sundays.  It's always been a rule and it needs to remain.  Players just need to know better.
Reply/Quote
I was worried they'd call taunting when I saw that.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So, by your admission, it is not okay for high school kids (or younger).  Where do you think they get it from?  Watching NFL players on Sundays.  It's always been a rule and it needs to remain.  Players just need to know better.

No, I stand by what I said.  Taunting penalties for pro athletes are bogus.  And it may have been around awhile but its being called for the slightest of infractions anymore.    Get rid of it
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I kind of wonder if Vilanuevo was off his game from getting moved back and forth from left to right and back.  I'm hoping he was playing his best game ever and Hendrickson still abused him that bad, but historically that guy is better than today's performance.

I watched the opening week game against the Raiders.  It was Villanueva's first at RT.  He got absolutely abused.  He gave up like 10 pressures and 2 sacks.  Even the announcers were saying they had to get a TE or someone to help him out.

But he was a solid LT for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So, by your admission, it is not okay for high school kids (or younger).  Where do you think they get it from?  Watching NFL players on Sundays.  It's always been a rule and it needs to remain.  Players just need to know better.

I don’t know about you but I learned how to taunt long before I even knew what football was. It’s a horseshit rule for snowflakes. These aren’t Boy Scouts they’re football players.
Reply/Quote

Exactly.  This and Carman was taunting pretty big on one of the close out runs.  Hope Zac reminds them this is a no go now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was worried they'd call taunting when I saw that.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Lol Villanueava looked at the ref for a taunting but I think the ref said "That wasnt taunting that was film review".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:19 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Taunting penalties in the NFL need to be removed.  These guys are adults, not high school kids.  If these guys cant handle a little trash talk then they certainly cant handle the physical beating they take.  

Rather or not you agree with the rule, it is a rule in the current NFL. 

There are a lot of rules I dislike but this is one that is a point of emphasis for officials this year so these adults you speak of, need to be smart enough not to get caught up in it and hurt their team.

(10-24-2021, 06:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I thought the same, but then we have no idea what was said.  It might very well have been Al yelling "that wasn't a hold" to the ref and Trey pointing and saying "Watch it yourself".  Since the official is right there, hard to call the exchange I theorized as a taunt.

Very true. Just feel like with the way the refs are flagging it gotta walk away to avoid the potential.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I watched the opening week game against the Raiders.  It was Villanueva's first at RT.  He got absolutely abused.  He gave up like 10 pressures and 2 sacks.  Even the announcers were saying they had to get a TE or someone to help him out.

But he was a solid LT for the Steelers.

RIght.  Personal example, I'm a lefty who learned to play guitar right handed.  All self taught, and had no idea when I started at 8 years old that there could be such a thing as a left handed guitar.  One day in my 20s I decided I wanted to learn to play left handed.  I stopped after a few weeks, as I could no longer play right handed.  The back and forth screwed me up.  It took a few more weeks before I could play again like I had before.  I'm just wondering if something similar has happened by switching ends of the line.  Maybe having to think about what he is doing instead of it being natural.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:28 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I don’t know about you but I learned how to taunt long before I even knew what football was. It’s a horseshit rule for snowflakes. These aren’t Boy Scouts they’re football players.

Exactly.  Taunting hurts feewings...did you see that taunting penalty that took a TD off the board at iowa state yesterday?  I know its college but those are the types of taunts Im talking about.  That should never be called 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:28 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I don’t know about you but I learned how to taunt long before I even knew what football was. It’s a horseshit rule for snowflakes. These aren’t Boy Scouts they’re football players.

Seems the only people offended by it are snowflakes who can't handle it.

And for the entire Super Bowl era, NFL football players were expected to be role models, kind of like Boy Scouts.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Rather or not you agree with the rule, it is a rule in the current NFL. 

There are a lot of rules I dislike but this is one that is a point of emphasis for officials this year so these adults you speak of, need to be smart enough not to get caught up in it and hurt their team.

Very true. Just feel like with the way the refs are flagging it gotta walk away to avoid the potential.

I agree that its a rule but it doesnt mean I agree with the rule.  I think it should go away completely...OR and I mean OR only call it on the really egregious crap.  Not ticky tack BS
Reply/Quote