Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anybody else find it odd
how little Gio was used after tearing it up all year ?

Now I felt that Bengals needed to get Hill back involved more and was glad to see it. But to just not hardly even use Gio was odd to me.

Understand that this game was going to be a very physical slobber knocker and Hill's battering ram style fit the bill better. Still though ?

Maybe they wanted Gio fresh for Thursday and had already game planned both games according to this scheme ?

Anyway no big deal at all, again just finding it odd.

Tomlin's clock management at games end thankfully was odd as well.

Not complaining really and still floating on cloud 9 actually. Only curious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I mean it's great that he'll be fresh for Cleveland, but I was admittedly screaming like crazy for Jackson to give him the ball yesterday.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: how little Gio was used after tearing it up all year ?

Now I felt that Bengals needed to get Hill back involved more and was glad to see it.  But to just not hardly even use Gio was odd to me.

Understand that this game was going to be a very physical slobber knocker and Hill's battering ram style fit the bill better. Still though ?

Maybe they wanted Gio fresh for Thursday and had already game planned both games according to this scheme ?

Anyway no big deal at all, again  just finding it odd.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I could see them keeping Gio fresh for the short week.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: how little Gio was used after tearing it up all year ?

Now I felt that Bengals needed to get Hill back involved more and was glad to see it.  But to just not hardly even use Gio was odd to me.

NFL teams, college teams, high school teams, pop warner teams do not mortgage or 'save' productive healthy players for future games on the schedule.  Especially when the current gameis vs a division contender. 

How can fans logically suggest this as a plausible strategy? 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:14 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: NFL teams, college teams, high school teams, pop warner teams do not mortgage or 'save' productive healthy players for future games on the schedule.  Especially when the current gameis vs a division contender. 

Correct. I was just getting ready to type something similar. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Gio had 32 snaps to Hills 35 snaps...he was in pass protection alot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hue was terrible yesterday. It happens

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:14 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: NFL teams, college teams, high school teams, pop warner teams do not mortgage or 'save' productive healthy players for future games on the schedule.  Especially when the current gameis vs a division contender. 

Maybe you can explain why he was not used yesterday then?  

As far as I can see the offense moves the ball when Gio is on the field.  
Hill out carried Gio 15 - 1 and our offense suffered.  
Going into the game Gio was out carrying Hill 77 - 74 and our offense has been unstoppable.  

Look I am all for getting Hill going but @ Pitt may have been our toughest game of the year and not a great idea to change what has been working.

Just wondering why this would not be a plausible strategy?

Who - Dey
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing that the game plan was for a shootout for both sides, but somehow it just didn't turn out that way.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Agree with this as well as possibility, but still need to keep Gio in rhythm. 

He has run extremely well this season ! 

Not knock on Hill at all. big fan of his too and want him to get his touches. 

As someone pointed out though, Gio did get his snaps in so it not a huge issue. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

They needed a more stout blocker back there yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
No 2nd quarter runs and Gio didn't have a touch until his 12 yard run to the 5 yard line. Hue called a very bad game, simple as that.

With that said, I'm hoping he actually sticks to the run this week. Browns struggle against it and Hill seemed to be getting back to his old self against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of us, me included, saw that Pittsburgh was 27th against the pass and thought we could throw on them all game. I think we didn't take the playoff atmosphere into account, however. At some point Hue should have adjusted though. We came out of the red zone twice with no points because we didn't run the ball.
Reply/Quote
Gio had a great run that got him to about the five and when he was down he slammed the ball against his hand because he thought he should have gotten a TD. That was one of the better plays of the game. Unfortunately Andy threw the INT in the end zone two plays later.

On Halloween 2013 in a game against the Dolphins Gio ran through the entire Miami defense and scored a TD. He and Jeremy make a good tandem. Thursday night hopefully we'll see lots of power runs from both of them because some of the receivers might be a little worn out after Sunday, especially MJ, who was practically cut in half on one play.
Reply/Quote

They do it in MLB. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
There was no way anyone can rationalise why Gio wasn't used. It was a total mistake from Hue. He didn't run the ball enough period, with either Gio or Hill. The game was never so far out of reach as to justify giving up on the run. I sincerely hope we have more balance Thursday.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 09:06 AM)PhilHos Wrote: They do it in MLB. Mellow

Baseball is 162 games. 

Its a different sport.

Ae you just trolling?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Gio had 32 snaps to Hills 35 snaps...he was in pass protection alot.

This.

His number just wasn't called while he was in the game. I don't think anyone was sitting there saying "Gio is in, better give someone else the ball" ... That is just how the cookie crumbled on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Kind of hard to complain about a win but it would've been nice to see a couple of Gio (or TE) screens to slow down the pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:40 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Hue was terrible yesterday. It happens

Might be going a little bit overboard.  Pitt has a really good defense, contrary to what folks believe.  It was very loud which causes the line to get off the ball a 1/2 second slower which is huge.  It's kind of hard to control the game offensively when your QB is off his spot all the time due to the rush.

I think you'll see a different result offensively next time around with Pitt - mainly because the game's at home, plus we'll have additional tape as to how they defended us first go around.
Reply/Quote