Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty?
(11-21-2016, 07:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Does anyone have any stats on Mike Brown's Bengals not cutting/firing players or coaches midseason?

There are no stats LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 08:29 AM)jeremydc Wrote: There are no stats LMAO

[Image: There+is+no+spoon.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:06 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Just stating facts:
Zach Hocker was signed this offseason to compete for the job. Guy got hurt in camp when Nugent struggled. It could have been argued that Hocker could have won the job had he been healthy and able to kick. But he wasn't, so he didn't.

They brought in Forbath, Bullock and Hocker to kick again over the bye. Ever look at their career numbers? Just a factual question. So, Zimmer does what many think the Bengals should've done - cut the struggling kicker (Blair Walsh). They sign Forbath. Forbath plays his first game, has a PAT blocked.

Google all the free agent kickers. There is a reason why they're free agents. But, that said, it is totally fair to think can a guy off the street make more than 76 percent of his field goals and 86 percent of his PATs.

1. I never viewed Hocker as serious competition for Nuge. For one, he had pretty bad numbers in college, and secondly, the Bengals bring an extra kicker to almost every camp. 

2. I wanted Nugent replaced back when Robbie Gould was still available. While I realize that the available kickers have been thinned out, you have to believe we could do better than the percentages you listed.

I would sign someone now, then look for a serious upgrade in the offseason - when upgrades at kicker are easier to find. The issue with the Bengals is that they are VERY slow to drop certain players, and it's hard to predict when a good kicker will hit the market. It happens every year though. You often see guys like Josh Brown, Prater or Gould hit the market. You just have to pounce when they do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. I never viewed Hocker as serious competition for Nuge. For one, he had pretty bad numbers in college, and secondly, the Bengals bring an extra kicker to almost every camp. 

2. I wanted Nugent replaced back when Robbie Gould was still available. While I realize that the available kickers have been thinned out, you have to believe we could do better than the percentages you listed.

I would sign someone now, then look for a serious upgrade in the offseason - when upgrades at kicker are easier to find. The issue with the Bengals is that they are VERY slow to drop certain players, and it's hard to predict when a good kicker will hit the market. It happens every year though. You often see guys like Josh Brown, Prater or Gould hit the market. You just have to pounce when they do.

Sometimes a struggling kicker just needs a chance of scenery. Look at our old friend Shayne Graham. Graham entered the league in 2000. He struggled and bounced around. We were his 6th team when we picked him up right before the 2003 season began. Before he faltered at the end, Graham was an awesome kicker for us. Yes, the kickers on the market might look worse than Nugent in the stats category, but there's a chance that the light clicks on for one if they sign here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 07:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Does anyone have any stats on Mike Brown's Bengals not cutting/firing players or coaches midseason?

I wouldn't think it's a long list after this guy...

[Image: bengals.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote