Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did it feel like this team just arrived at the Super Bowl?
(04-25-2022, 07:01 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It was kind of a low key silver lining that they didn’t both lose the super bowl AND at the same time let another one of his knees get shredded.

Oh, man. The despair I felt when Joe was on the ground screaming. I looked at my buddy and said “that’s it, they’re done.” My mind eventually went to how next season was shot, too. Thankfully, he was okay. That would have been a BAD time.
Reply/Quote
I know it was the Super Bowl but that loss did not hurt near as much as the Steelers in '05, '06, '15. or the Chargers in '14.

It doesn't make sense but it is true.  I guess in the Super Bowl I felt like I was playing with house money..
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 10:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know it was the Super Bowl but that loss did not hurt near as much as the Steelers in '05, '06, '15. or the Chargers in '14.

It doesn't make sense but it is true.  I guess in the Super Bowl I felt like I was playing with house money..

Agreed
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You all are crazy. We were 90 seconds away from winning the Super Bowl (and even had a bad call go against us late). That loss will haunt me for the rest of my days.

05 hurt at the time, but that team probably wasn’t winning it all with that defense. And the 15 team wasn’t making it any further than a WC win with McCarron at QB.

Reply/Quote
Losing in the 1st round of the playoffs so often made every playoff win this year a joy, whether we were supposed to win or not. The joy of the Bengals is that IMO there is no team we cannot beat. I also feel that we have coaches who are willing to let the players play the game. We might get beat, but I don't expect Ole' plays letting the opposing running back run right past the safety OR not ever going for it on 4th, or prevent defensing our way to a loss.
Reply/Quote
It all occurred because I uttered the magic words sometime last year, "Eenie meeny chillie beanie, the spirits are about to speak."  'Are they friendly?'
"Just watch!" 

If you don't get this you never got the Bullwinkle cartoons either.. Go away!  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What I mean is, I remember the first two Super Bowls. There was a time when you were like, this team is going to the Super Bowl. At no time did I think this current team was going there. Then it’s SuperBowl Sunday, and the Bengals are there. And it’s liked I missed something.  Or they skipped a step. I don’t know but it still seems so weird. And who the hell goes to the Super Bowl and almost wins with that line?  I don’t know how any of it happened.

Taylor brought in winners. Captains, players from Championship teams and filled this roster with Superstars at QB and WR. His coaches fixed our linebacking corp. The only real weakness was the one staring everyone in the face and that was the Offensive Line. Now, that's been fixed. Barring injury, look for them to make a run at it again this year and win it all.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 07:13 PM)KillerGoose Wrote:
Oh, man. The despair I felt when Joe was on the ground screaming.
I looked at my buddy and said “that’s it, they’re done.” My mind eventually went to how next season was shot, too. Thankfully, he was okay. That would have been a BAD time.

Truth be told, that is probably the exact moment MB and the front office probably made the decision to quit screwing around and go out and get some quality vets to come in and block for him. Thankfully, it was a minor injury that got it done. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What I mean is, I remember the first two Super Bowls. There was a time when you were like, this team is going to the Super Bowl. At no time did I think this current team was going there. Then it’s SuperBowl Sunday, and the Bengals are there. And it’s liked I missed something.  Or they skipped a step. I don’t know but it still seems so weird. And who the hell goes to the Super Bowl and almost wins with that line?  I don’t know how any of it happened.

It was strange, beautiful and scary all at the same time in a mind boggling time. I think we got there ahead of schedule...

Many more to come, this year I am saying we are going to the Super Bowl unlike last year at this time when all I was expecting
was significant improvement and a chance at the Playoffs and maybe a win. This team after this Free Agency and hopefully a great
weekend in the Draft should be able to beat anybody just like we nearly did this last postseason.

Fun times Michaelsean, fun times. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 08:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor brought in winners. Captains, players from Championship teams and filled this roster with Superstars at QB and WR. His coaches fixed our linebacking corp. The only real weakness was the one staring everyone in the face and that was the Offensive Line. Now, that's been fixed. Barring injury, look for them to make a run at it again this year and win it all.

Interesting now that they’ve won I heard and they’ve established the winning culture they’ve laxest the demand for captains, players from winning teams etc. He said they’d always favor those types it’s not as much a priority
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You all are crazy. We were 90 seconds away from winning the Super Bowl (and even had a bad call go against us late). That loss will haunt me for the rest of my days.

05 hurt at the time, but that team probably wasn’t winning it all with that defense. And the 15 team wasn’t making it any further than a WC win with McCarron at QB.

Eh, if we win it all this year it won't haunt you that bad, be honest Nicomo.

No one predicted us to really go to the Superbowl this last season. I know some joked about it but that was just it, a joke.

We got there ahead of schedule and are just growing as a young and now experience, talented team with a great young QB
and a Defense and Kicker which were the main reason we started winning in the Playoffs and on the road in the Playoffs.

The best is yet to come.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 11:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, if we win it all this year it won't haunt you that bad, be honest Nicomo.

No one predicted us to really go to the Superbowl this last season. I know some joked about it but that was just it, a joke.

We got there ahead of schedule and are just growing as a young and now experience, talented team with a great young QB
and a Defense and Kicker which were the main reason we started winning in the Playoffs and on the road in the Playoffs.

The best is yet to come.

It's really hard to get there man. Fred made a thread that everyone shit on about Marino getting there his second year and never getting back... Everyone was sure he would. The Legion of Boom sure seemed like they'd last more than a few years. It's hard to do what we did last year, and it hurt to not finish it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What I mean is, I remember the first two Super Bowls. There was a time when you were like, this team is going to the Super Bowl. At no time did I think this current team was going there. Then it’s SuperBowl Sunday, and the Bengals are there. And it’s liked I missed something. Or they skipped a step. I don’t know but it still seems so weird. And who the hell goes to the Super Bowl and almost wins with that line? I don’t know how any of it happened.

The KC game in January 2 was when I thought the super bowl was possible.
Then got deep in a hole then shut down Mahones while all their flashy talent put on a show.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 01:48 PM)jason Wrote: It's really hard to get there man. Fred made a thread that everyone shit on about Marino getting there his second year and never getting back... Everyone was sure he would. The Legion of Boom sure seemed like they'd last more than a few years. It's hard to do what we did last year, and it hurt to not finish it.

Even if we do get back and win it that loss will still always hurt. It was right there for the taking. And I want to see Burrow with multiple rings when it’s all said and done. Obviously even one would be amazing, but I don’t want a situation like with Brees or Rodgers where people wonder how the hell did a guy that good only win one.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2022, 04:18 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: The KC game in January 2 was when I thought the super bowl was possible.
Then got deep in a hole then shut down Mahones while all their flashy talent put on a show.

Yes... And the final minutes of that game were when I thought I may have a stroke.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote