Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did it feel like this team just arrived at the Super Bowl?
What I mean is, I remember the first two Super Bowls. There was a time when you were like, this team is going to the Super Bowl. At no time did I think this current team was going there. Then it’s SuperBowl Sunday, and the Bengals are there. And it’s liked I missed something. Or they skipped a step. I don’t know but it still seems so weird. And who the hell goes to the Super Bowl and almost wins with that line? I don’t know how any of it happened.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know what you mean. It was like the longest of long shot horses coming down the home stretch passing everybody. I was just beside myself for like two days when we beat the Chiefs to win the division. I figured we'd beat the Raiders but then I thought the Titans would be the end.

Then I never dreamed we'd beat the Chiefs again just blew my mind. I think I still have a mild shock going on. Just can't wait to see how this season unfolds.
Reply/Quote
Yep. I know what you mean. They’re young and unscarred. Nobody’s gonna tell them what they can or can’t do. The day came and went and I’m proud as hell to be a fan of this iteration of the Bengals. The most fun I’ve ever had as a sports fan in a season, complete with witnessing their first road playoff win in person.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What I mean is, I remember the first two Super Bowls. There was a time when you were like, this team is going to the Super Bowl. At no time did I think this current team was going there. Then it’s SuperBowl Sunday, and the Bengals are there. And it’s liked I missed something.  Or they skipped a step. I don’t know but it still seems so weird. And who the hell goes to the Super Bowl and almost wins with that line?  I don’t know how any of it happened.

About the only playoff game I was thinking the Bengals had a good chance of winning was against the Raiders.
They won and had to go to Nashville to play the Titans.
I almost decided not to go because I didn't think they had a chance to win, but I figured how often will I get a chance to see my hometown team play a playoff game in the city I live in?
I then thought for sure the Bengals had an even lower chance against the Chiefs in the postseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
‘This past season has to be the coolest Super Bowl run I have ever witnessed of any team ever.The Bengals came through,and should have won the Super Bowl.This week’s upcoming draft is going to be interesting for the future of this team.
Reply/Quote
I will add, man, it was all gravy just to get there. But the sting of seeing Chase wide open on 4th down is one lingering son of a gun.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 11:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I will add, man, it was all gravy just to get there. But the sting of seeing Chase wide open on 4th down is one lingering son of a gun.

I've to this day refused to look at the relay of that.

But to the OP... I honestly felt pretty good about our chances of getting to the Super Bowl after we knocked off Tennessee. I expected us to win it all once we were there. Keep in mind that I would've laughed in your face had anyone told me we would make the Super Bowl this time last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What I mean is, I remember the first two Super Bowls. There was a time when you were like, this team is going to the Super Bowl. At no time did I think this current team was going there. Then it’s SuperBowl Sunday, and the Bengals are there. And it’s liked I missed something.  Or they skipped a step. I don’t know but it still seems so weird. And who the hell goes to the Super Bowl and almost wins with that line?  I don’t know how any of it happened.

I feel you. I'm still surprised they made it to the Super Bowl to the point I don't think the disappointment of actually losing it has set in with me. It was a fun season and the Super Bowl run was shocking. I don't know how to process us making it. I'm hopeful, and my gut tells me, Joey B. is going to take us to a few more and win some.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 10:30 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I feel you. I'm still surprised they made it to the Super Bowl to the point I don't think the disappointment of actually losing it has set in with me. It was a fun season and the Super Bowl run was shocking. I don't know how to process us making it. I'm hopeful, and my gut tells me, Joey B. is going to take us to a few more and win some.

I feel the same way. The Bengals were a longshot to make the Super Bowl for a reason. They were a good team with a serious deficiency. They almost pulled it off and I am proud of them for that, but they were very fortunate to be there. I am excited to see the new iteration of Cincinnati, hopefully with more consistency in pass protection. 
Reply/Quote
The playoffs were a blur. I think I was just numb through it all because, well, maybe my brain said it couldn't be real? The greatest victory was the Raiders. I really enjoyed that but the rest like I said is a blur. I do recall however, the two week wait before the SB I was freaken nervous. Like I was about to walk on stage and sing to 10,000 people. That feeling was constant for 2 weeks straight until kickoff.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 10:41 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: The playoffs were a blur. I think I was just numb through it all because, well, maybe my brain said it couldn't be real? The greatest victory was the Raiders. I really enjoyed that but the rest like I said is a blur. I do recall however, the two week wait before the SB I was freaken nervous. Like I was about to walk on stage and sing to 10,000 people. That feeling was constant for 2 weeks straight until kickoff.

I was surprisingly calm during those two weeks. Admittedly, I purposely didn't follow any of the Super Bowl coverage. I didn't watch any interviews or listen to the national media. Now, during the game I don't think I could actually sit down. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 11:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I will add, man, it was all gravy just to get there. But the sting of seeing Chase wide open on 4th down is one lingering son of a gun.

The 3 penalties on the rams last drive haunt me forever... Complete bullshit... They handed that game to the rams. They needed to get LA a championship... Scumbags...
Reply/Quote
I felt this team would be in the playoffs, at least as a wildcard early in the year and possibly win one, but never imagined the SB, that was far exceeding my expectations. I hope they continue the roll for a few more years.
Reply/Quote

Not trying to sound like Kreskin (sp?) or something, but if you go back and look, I said that if they went and beat Denver, they would go on a run (including beating KC at home because they would be a young team riding a high of sweeping pitt and balt) and that they could beat any team in the playoffs if they could beat KC.  

Now, you could also go back and read where I thought John Ross was the vertical piece that could also take a screen 80 yards for a TD.  So, take the good with the bad.  
Reply/Quote
If you look at the Bengals after the bye week they were consistently solid. They had to gain the confidence. Pundits of Taylor ( FredToast) don’t give him enough credit for instilling confidence in a team with so little of it. Their building confidence is vastly overlooked by the Taylor detractors. What they did was the result of good coaching … by the entire staff.

It’ll be tough to repeat their success but the pieces are there.
Reply/Quote
There was a point earlier in the year that I told my wife that we were getting hot at the right time, and if things broke right could make the SB.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 11:10 AM)Tony Wrote: The 3 penalties on the rams last drive haunt me forever... Complete bullshit... They handed that game to the rams. They needed to get LA a championship... Scumbags...

OBJ getting hurt. Having the lead. It felt like we had that game. Like the stars aligned. Then, we lost.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 02:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: OBJ getting hurt. Having the lead. It felt like we had that game. Like the stars aligned. Then, we lost.

It started off so well. Burrow was kept clean, I was happy. Then, the defensive line started teeing off on Joe and that's when the dread set in for me. 
Reply/Quote
The bigger question is "Doesn't it feel like this offseason is taking forever?"

I know its only been a few months..but lets goooooooo!!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 02:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It started off so well. Burrow was kept clean, I was happy. Then, the defensive line started teeing off on Joe and that's when the dread set in for me. 

It was kind of a low key silver lining that they didn’t both lose the super bowl AND at the same time let another one of his knees get shredded.
Reply/Quote