Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Did the Bengals get robbed?
I was blaming the Oline and Apple and I still do, but all you gotta do is turn the TV on and they are saying The Benglas got ****** on that Logan interference, rams false starting and Ramsey holding all game..  it don't make the loss easier to swallow....
Reply/Quote
If this team could score touchdowns in the redzone instead of field goals, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Easy to blame the refs, but we just spent the last four weeks laughing at Raiders, Titans and Chiefs fans for doing the same thing. I ain't playing that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The Wilson penalty was bullcrap. Give us an average Oline though, and we win that game.
Reply/Quote
The losing team will always claim to get robbed. Had we won, the Rams would’ve said the same thing about the long Higgins TD
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:30 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If this team could score touchdowns in the redzone instead of field goals, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Easy to blame the refs, but we just spent the last four weeks laughing at Raiders, Titans and Chiefs fans for doing the same thing.  I ain't playing that.

Valid point.. I still blame Oline and Apple.. Who puts Apple 1 on 1 with Kupp in that situation? The shit at the end didn't help though..
Reply/Quote
Not going there. Get better blockers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We robbed ourselves of every opportunity to score and did not execute. Imagine, giving Burrow just one more full second to throw would have made all the difference in the world. Our OLine neutralizes the speed we have at WR. It neutralizes our running game. It pretty much neutralized every weapon we have on offense.

So yeah, we were robbed - by our own OLine.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:28 PM)Tony Wrote: I was blaming the Oline and Apple and I still do, but all you gotta do is turn the TV on and they are saying The Benglas got ****** on that Logan interference, rams false starting and Ramsey holding all game.. 1 think it don't make the loss easier to swallow....

Down the stretch, they really picked on Cincy for sure, but the biggest no-call on Higgins should cancel all that out.

My biggest gripe is why the run a play with Perine that had not worked earlier on 3rd and 2 yards, forcing them to go for it one 4th and 1 at the end of the game.  That play call just grinds me.  I had NO DOUBT Joe was at least going to force OT, but that play call was dumb as hell.  Was Mixon injured?  Just don't get it.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:28 PM)Tony Wrote: I was blaming the Oline and Apple and I still do, but all you gotta do is turn the TV on and they are saying The Benglas got ****** on that Logan interference, rams false starting and Ramsey holding all game.. 1 think it don't make the loss easier to swallow....

I counted at least 3 times where the Rams were blatantly in the neutral zone and it wasn't called. Then, there was the no-call when both Rams T's false started at the same time. Those are things that are pretty easy to see...but yet, didn't get penalized. 

The Bengals did plenty to lose the game on their own, but the refs certainly didn't help.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Down the stretch, they really picked on Cincy for sure, but the biggest no-call on Higgins should cancel all that out.

My biggest gripe is why the run a play with Perine that had not worked earlier on 3rd and 2 yards, forcing them to go for it one 4th and 1 at the end of the game.  That play call just grinds me.  I had NO DOUBT Joe was at least going to force OT, but that play call was dumb as hell.  Was Mixon injured?  Just don't get it.  

Well, the Higgins no-call just canceled out the Ramsey no-call earlier, IMO. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Down the stretch, they really picked on Cincy for sure, but the biggest no-call on Higgins should cancel all that out.

Yeah I agree with this dude. It certainly won't be healthy for any fan to sit here hating the refs. I don't think they covered themselves in glory with the Logan Wilson joke call. But let's be honest, the Higgins TD was a real blown call. When you factor in that our offence made no progress the rest of the game after that play, there's absolutely nothing to suggest we score any points on that drive if they call that interference correctly.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:31 PM)Tony Wrote: Valid point.. I still blame Oline and Apple.. Who puts Apple 1 on 1 with Kupp in that situation? The shit at the end didn't help though..

I know Awuzie had gotten dinged up earlier, maybe there was something up with him. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
They missed a blatant PI in the endzone on Ramsey which directly cost us 4 points. So even with the Higgins miss (which was on first down so no guarantee we still don't get at least 3) it nets out as 3 points the Bengals way. As they were leading by 4 that would simply have resulted in a 1 point game at the end.

The reason people are upset is the refs called the game as "let them play" all game until suddenly with 2 minutes left and deep in Bengals territory they went bananas on ticky tack calls. As the Rams had the ball it REALLY had bad optics and really makes it look like the fix was in no matter whether it actually was or not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:28 PM)Tony Wrote: I was blaming the Oline and Apple and I still do, but all you gotta do is turn the TV on and they are saying The Benglas got ****** on that Logan interference, rams false starting and Ramsey holding all game..  it don't make the loss easier to swallow....

None of that matters if the oline doesn't give up seven sacks, with most in the second half.  The oline failed plain and simple.  Think about it......Taylor put the final play in the hands of Burrow to throw when they only needed a yard.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:53 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: None of that matters if the oline doesn't give up seven sacks, with most in the second half.  The oline failed plain and simple.  Think about it......Taylor put the final play in the hands of Burrow to throw when they only needed a yard.

Yep, didn't (and couldn't) trust them to open a run lane for one yard. He'd also learned about taking the ball out of Joe's hands. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Was a terrible call. Interesting that the NFL came out and said they reviewed Higgins td and said they agreed with the no call but didn't say anything about Logan Wilson penalty on 3rd down. Would have been 4th sigh.. I'm not sure the mental gymnastics needed to explain how that didn't change the outcome of the game which should never happen. NFL referees are some of the worst in professional sports.
Reply/Quote
No, with the start of the 3rd quarter the momentum was on Bengals side, not scoring or at least kicking once a three point field goal was a major disappointment and one of the reasons for the loss.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, the Higgins no-call just canceled out the Ramsey no-call earlier, IMO. 

I disagree with this. A missed call on a play at the start of the 2nd half is way less egregious than a terrible call on a picture perfect textbook coverage in the final 2 minutes.

I feel really bad for Logan Wilson. He couldn’t have played that any better. I also think Tee scores even without the face mask. Or at the very least makes the catch for a huge gain. Both Tee and Chase were beating Ramsay all game.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, the Higgins no-call just canceled out the Ramsey no-call earlier, IMO. 

Yeah, that Ramsey no-call was pro wrestling levels of "the ref didn't see anything, folks!"  It was awesome, but I had a feeling some even-up stuff was headed our way.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:30 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If this team could score touchdowns in the redzone instead of field goals, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Easy to blame the refs, but we just spent the last four weeks laughing at Raiders, Titans and Chiefs fans for doing the same thing.  I ain't playing that.

Bengals were also down a playmaker in the game.
Technically Uzomah was active, but he only had 2 rec for 11 yards. With Chase and Higgins occupying a ton of attention outside and deep, Boyd and Uzomah should have been able to step up more.
Aside from Higgins's and Chase's two big plays (75 yards and 46 yards, respectively), the passing game was not working well at all.

What was nice to see was Mixon averaging 4.8 YPC. Not really sure about the Perine carries. Dude had two carries and got 0 yards. Not sure why Bengals didn't put Mixon out there instead. Chris Evans was also a nonfactor. Mixon in the passing game was not good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote