Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Did the Bengals get robbed?
(02-14-2022, 02:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, the Higgins no-call just canceled out the Ramsey no-call earlier, IMO. 

Absolutely, but there is something to be said about the first play of the 2nd half (and Ramsey was grabby all game, and still got toasted) compared to a final drive scenario.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:28 PM)Tony Wrote: I was blaming the Oline and Apple and I still do, but all you gotta do is turn the TV on and they are saying The Benglas got ****** on that Logan interference, rams false starting and Ramsey holding all game..  it don't make the loss easier to swallow....

I believe the fix was in as the stinkin ref called 3 pentalies on the goal line giving the cheating rams 1st and goal.Vegas got well with the spread at 4 points.And Logan Wilson did not interfere on Cupp, WATCH the replay.We were robbed all day long.I taped the game and I have watched that play a dozen times and Logan was clean.We got suckered.That ref was so wrong to call that.It cost us a superbowl.It would have been forth down. The fix was in. Ask the defense,they know
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:57 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Was a terrible call. Interesting that the NFL came out and said they reviewed Higgins td and said they agreed with the no call but didn't say anything about Logan Wilson penalty on 3rd down. Would have been 4th sigh.. I'm not sure the mental gymnastics needed to explain how that didn't change the outcome of the game which should never happen. NFL referees are some of the worst in professional sports.

Ever watch umpires call balls strikes and strikes balls? Ever see them call someone safe when they're tagged out 3 feet ahead of the call or out when the ball is nowhere near the runner? Happens all season long.. That said, I'll always believe that all pro sports have some element of dirty calls by officials to tip the balance of games and always have..  I guess I'm just naturally suspicious of greedy people....  Shocked Sports leagues rely on the element of plausible deniability.. So do governments in matters of life and death ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:28 PM)Tony Wrote: I was blaming the Oline and Apple and I still do, but all you gotta do is turn the TV on and they are saying The Benglas got ****** on that Logan interference, rams false starting and Ramsey holding all game..  it don't make the loss easier to swallow....

Our t Higgins TD was a gift.  It does suck that the refs were letting the boys play all the way until the last 3 min.  But if we could have just stopped Kupp we would have won.  It was like the SF game we knew they were going to Kettle and we could do nothing about it.   

Think we need a o line and a red zone offense.  We would have won. (TD not fieldgoals)
Reply/Quote
Not sure if it has been mentioned as i did not read the entire thread..
We lost so be it.. We had our chances but fell short..
I will say that the entire rams line jumped early on the P.I call against Logan which for me has been tough to stomach as ive rewatched that down too many times
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 09:28 PM)Spider Wrote: Not sure if it has been mentioned as i did not read the entire thread..
We lost so be it.. We had our chances but fell short..
I will say that the entire rams line jumped early on the P.I call against Logan which for me has been tough to stomach as ive rewatched that down too many times

Yep. All 4 lineman except the Center.
Reply/Quote
I'm not one to be a crybaby and say that the refs were the determinant factor. I will just say that the refs were awful. They should've just called the Higgins TD back if they thought that it was worthy of a flag. In real time it looked clean but in the replays it looked illegal. Maybe Ramsey flopped a little and the refs picked up on it? I don't pretend to know. I will just say that it's pathetic that they didn't call the false start on the rams and the neutral zone infraction on the last play. The refs are either incompetent or they turned a blind eye to cheating. I come from the school of thought that when Gio Bernard was knocked out on the field from a helmet spear that it was a seminal moment for the NFL. Their actions said loud and clear that they don't really care about the rules and they don't really care about player safety. That was many years ago. This year we had the interception that clearly touched the ground that wasn't called an incomplete pass. There are just too many to list. I'm sick of a billion dollar product being so obviously incompetent. If you're a line judge who doesn't flag Aaron Donald for cheating, you shouldn't be employed. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 11:52 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm not one to be a crybaby and say that the refs were the determinant factor. I will just say that the refs were awful. They should've just called the Higgins TD back if they thought that it was worthy of a flag. In real time it looked clean but in the replays it looked illegal. Maybe Ramsey flopped a little and the refs picked up on it? I don't pretend to know. I will just say that it's pathetic that they didn't call the false start on the rams and the neutral zone infraction on the last play. The refs are either incompetent or they turned a blind eye to cheating. I come from the school of thought that when Gio Bernard was knocked out on the field from a helmet spear that it was a seminal moment for the NFL. Their actions said loud and clear that they don't really care about the rules and they don't really care about player safety. That was many years ago. This year we had the interception that clearly touched the ground that wasn't called an incomplete pass. There are just too many to list. I'm sick of a billion dollar product being so obviously incompetent. If you're a line judge who doesn't flag Aaron Donald for cheating, you shouldn't be employed. 

Higgins td gets called back and I doubt we score on that drive and likely lose. Our offense was done once they made that switch.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 12:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Higgins td gets called back and I doubt we score on that drive and likely lose. Our offense was done once they made that switch.

That's fine.  Just call it back and let the Bengals get blown out if they can't put points up.  I hate when they make up for bad calls with a series of bad calls.  Letting 4 players false start all at once and then calling a penalty on the other team?  That's absurd.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The idea that the blown call on Higgins was not big is missing how bad our offense was in 2nd half.. we never moved the ball, got 3 points total after 12 secs into 2nd half.. Also the bad call on Wilson was on 3rd down, and they were inside the 10 so still had a decent chance of scoring.

In the end, we could not overcome the slow starts that we have been having on offense, our Oline was fine 1st half but once Rams defense got going we had no real answer for them even as our defense continued to keep us in the game

In the end, someone finally penalized us for having basically no dependable 3rd or 4th and short run plays.
Reply/Quote
This turns into tit for tat. The refs also cost the Bengals 4 points in the first quarter when they missed a BAD PI on Chase in the end zone.

The Bengals benefitted from one miss - the Rams not only got multiple misses in their favor but phantom calls to boot (and a bad spot on the last series - it should have been 4th and inches not 4th and 2 which changes the entire play catalog). Also if they don't make the phantom call it's 4th and goal and all the D needs is one more play.
Reply/Quote
https://ramblinfan.com/2022/02/20/la-rams-nearly-lost-sb-because-refs-let-bengals-stray-too-far-from-the-rules/

saw this on my news feed...
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 12:54 AM)kurisu Wrote: https://ramblinfan.com/2022/02/20/la-rams-nearly-lost-sb-because-refs-let-bengals-stray-too-far-from-the-rules/

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 12:54 AM)kurisu Wrote: https://ramblinfan.com/2022/02/20/la-rams-nearly-lost-sb-because-refs-let-bengals-stray-too-far-from-the-rules/

I read that twice and still can't tell if the author is being serious or tongue in cheek.  If he's being serious, he takes homerism to a new level! 
Reply/Quote
Man, that reads like a glorified reddit fan post.
Reply/Quote