Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Did we not win the division, win the AFC, go to the MF'n Super Bowl, AND get better?
I feel like no one outside of our fan base is talking about Joe Mixon. He's fixin to eat,and thusly so shall our WRs.
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So what's up with all the hate from the media, fans of other teams, etc?

Is this just what comes from being successful? It seems like NO ONE is giving this team a chance next year. The Browns and Ravens are the teams that people are already picking to win the division. Fans on other social media platforms are the worst. We went from being the darling in the playoffs last year to everyone shitting on us and calling last year a "fluke".

It just blows my mind. This team is really good, complete team that had success last year and got BETTER this year. NO ONE is talking about us.

And I know I know - I shouldn't listen to the media and fans...but I do. Because it's fun and it's part of being a fan. I mean, what the hell gives?

If a lack of respect and attention made this team hungry, I am all for more of it...

One thing that won't be like last year...this team is getting more than one lame ass Thursday Night game...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: When you've been one of the bigger laughingstocks of the league for 30+ years it's gonna take a minute to get past that.

I get it, but have to wonder how media and fans reacted to the Steelers in I believe 1972. They too were laughing stocks of the NFL, then Franco Harris and the immaculate reception leads to not only a playoff win, but a Super Bowl win.

Were they treated that way? Many fans have no idea the Steelers had a bad run their first 25 to 20 years in the NFL.

I don't care about respect, I have always said respect is earned, Bengals want respect then go out and win in 2022. Then, the talking heads will be proven wrong, but of course they will never admit it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Great graph here on all 32 teams improvement index after free agency by The Athletic
https://twitter.com/kevincolepff/status/1506251892711636995?s=21

Cool stuff....looks pretty accurate but I think the "growth" of the Colts is a little exaggerated.  They still are lacking offensive weapons and teams will load up the box against their rushing attack.  They also don't have a first round pick.  Wentz had a solid season, with a terrible ending.  At least he is mobile.  I am not thinking with Matt Ryan they will take a huge leap, but they do have a great line and solid defense.

Raiders and Broncos belong up there, but one could argue they had a lot of room to improve.  I give the Raiders credit for how they played down the stretch last year (and in the playoff game) but aside from their pass rush, they didn't have much on defense.

The one that seems way out of place to me is the Vikings.  Adding a pass rusher like Smith and a DT like Phillips and a LB like Hicks should go a long way to fixing their defense.  They already have a high-powered offense.  They are my pick to win the NFC North.  

Bengals improved a ton and were already very talented.  

This is what seems lost on so many NFL reporters and analysts:  

The team we saw in the playoffs isn't the same team we saw against the Bears.  Or the Jets.  Or even the Chargers and 49ers.  Their defense "clicked" at just the right time and wasn't giving up much of anything throughout four playoff games.  

Almost every piece of that team will be back, with Ossai returning from injury, and a massively overhauled (improved!) offensive line.  Sometimes the best defense is a great offense...keep the ball away from the other team.  Good luck stopping Burrow and company on three straight drives and wearing out the defense.  Not with this line, running game, receivers, QB, etc.  

The article was a cool share.  Thank you!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:55 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Here are some things of those out there that don't think much of the Bengals aren't considering:

- no key losses on the roster or coaching staff
- massive upgrades to the o-line (worst unit on team for years)
- Joe B. gets a normal off-season to prepare unlike last year, and will even be more healthy going into season
- Joe B. will be entering his 3rd season, meaning he is still growing and getting better
- the roster will improve overall going forward as there are no great needs to fill immediately
- the experience and confidence gained by winning three straight playoff games, two of which on the road against the top two AFC teams at the time cannot be overstated.
- the experience of playing in the Super Bowl with a chance to win at end of game is for such a young team is massive.

Correct on all, but the most overlooked point you made is the one on coaching consistency.  Do people even realize Buffalo's amazing OC is now the coach at the NYG?

And Burrow in year 2, we have seen (NCAA Championship, Super Bowl Run) but no one knows what a Year 3 looks like.  I mean, holy crap.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:56 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m not so sure that Cincy’s surprise ascension hasn’t sparked some jealously amongst the other teams. It’s like they all have hope now because of the Bengals.

This is dead on.  And we don't need to puff our chest out as a fan base (the humility and pure enjoyment of the team is why so many jumped on the bandwagon last year...like Kay Adams.  That, and the team is crazy fun).

But you nailed it.  Other teams are like:  Wait, we have a good QB...all we need is some better pass rush, a dynamic WR, and a solid defense and we can do what the Bengals did, right?  

As so many have said, they simply view last season as a fluke or luck.  Good, they won't see them coming, again.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:57 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: I saw something on ESPN that ranked the best QB/wr duos in the NFL. They had Cooper/Watson ABOVE Burrow/Chase. are you freaking kidding me? What a joke. Dude hasn't played in a year. Won one playoff game vs burrows resume. And most importantly they have NEVER even played together! What a joke

Pretty comical.  It's almost like they forgot they don't play in the massive fan base state of Texas any longer...it's all about pacifying the largest fan bases.  But Cleveland? And I'm guessing his suspension will be at least half the season.  
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 02:20 AM)UKWhoDey Wrote: I feel like no one outside of our fan base is talking about Joe Mixon. He's fixin to eat,and thusly so shall our WRs.

Joe is only 25 years old. That blew my mind. I feel like he's been around FOREVER. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Picking the Browns to win the division before seeing what kind of suspension Watson gets slapped with is absolutely asinine.

The point no one acknowledges (and I am fine with it) is Baker was undefeated against the Bengals.  And it wasn't luck.  He played lights out against Cincy for whatever reason.  Glad to see him gone.  

Am I saying I would rather face Watson?  No, but whatever scrub they have for the first half of the season might be fun...
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't have to convince me, but what people will say is the Pig was actually accused of rape and Watson has 2 accusations of forced oral sex and the rest are sexual abuse.  Mind you, I'm not saying this, but this is what was alluded to already and if they hand down a huge suspension to Watson there will be accusations of race. 

After reading this and Fred's comment about the video of Ray Rice going public....I can't help but think that there could be a video from a phone that a massage therapist made while massaging Watson.  She probably had been with him before and felt "forced" and thought she could catch him with his improper behavior. 

Why this wouldn't  have come out in the criminal case is beyond me, but when it is about money, it is all about the civil suit, and the Browns are paying Watson the majority of his guaranteed money in a bonus that he won't lose in the event of the suspension.

I am just very suspicious.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 05:45 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Still need depth, 3t and corners. They are much improved offensively but definitely not defensively

Every time I see this, I think maybe they compile some picks to get an elite CB or DT in the draft.  I know picks are crazy valuable, but there will be a lot of guys drafted that won't make this team based on the current compilation of talent.

Problem is, it would take SO MUCH to get a guy like Gardner.  

Still, I wonder....
Reply/Quote
I look at power rankings and prognostication as nothing other than entertainment, or worse, click bait. Prove it on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 09:20 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Joe is only 25 years old. That blew my mind. I feel like he's been around FOREVER. 

This will be his sixth season, he has been here for a while. He is also wearing out the tread on his tires, which is my concern. RBs start seeing increasing performance declines after they hit the 1k carry mark and Mixon has struggled with injuries already. Mixon has 1104 carries thus far in his career. Using historical data I've put together from various "bell cow" RBs, I am projecting him out to have 4.3 yards per carry this season. I do think that Mixon is quite the talent and that the offensive line will be improved, so I am throwing a +- of 0.2 yards. So, 4.1 to 4.5 is my guess for the upcoming season. 
Reply/Quote
Typically hate for other fans is jealousy and due to certain Bengal fans that has been talking shit. Sometimes people hate other teams because of their fan base. I can't stand Chicago Cubs and I can't stand Cleveland Brown fans except my niece.

The national media at least the sports media should be objective and raise questions for debate. They create the narrative and create excitement. Cincinnati Bengals have to do it again to get respect and I think even win it.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I believe it's to our team's benefit that other teams, the media, and opposing fans underestimate us.

I hate wishing time away but I can't help it, I can't wait for the season to start.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Every time I see this, I think maybe they compile some picks to get an elite CB or DT in the draft.  I know picks are crazy valuable, but there will be a lot of guys drafted that won't make this team based on the current compilation of talent.

Problem is, it would take SO MUCH to get a guy like Gardner.  

Still, I wonder....

The only way the Bengals could trade up is if Sauce fell into the teens. I dont think that will happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 02:20 AM)UKWhoDey Wrote: I feel like no one outside of our fan base is talking about Joe Mixon. He's fixin to eat,and thusly so shall our WRs.

Wait until the fantasy football drafts.

You will see how many people are taking notice of Mixon new line.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 01:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rich Eisen giving us some major love.

I have respect for Rich Eisen after that. Preach brother!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 09:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: After reading this and Fred's comment about the video of Ray Rice going public....I can't help but think that there could be a video from a phone that a massage therapist made while massaging Watson.  She probably had been with him before and felt "forced" and thought she could catch him with his improper behavior. 

Why this wouldn't  have come out in the criminal case is beyond me, but when it is about money, it is all about the civil suit, and the Browns are paying Watson the majority of his guaranteed money in a bonus that he won't lose in the event of the suspension.

I am just very suspicious.  

The case never made it to trial, the Grand Jury declined to indict. That could mean a lot of things. You need 9 jurors to vote to indict in Texas. Maybe 4 of the 12 were football fans who like Watson. Maybe the prosecutor didn't do a good job. Who knows. 
Reply/Quote
Can’t look at the improvements many teams made and think the Bengals have a clear road
another SB. They don’t.
Reply/Quote