Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Did we not win the division, win the AFC, go to the MF'n Super Bowl, AND get better?
(03-22-2022, 11:35 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: A lot of fans consider our playoff run "lucky." Blamed the KC loss not on our defense stepping up, but Mahomes "choking." Blamed Tennessee for running a clearly disabled Henry rather than their much more explosive Foreman and Tannehill choking. Blamed the whistle as a free tochdown against LV etc.

Nothing you can do to prove them wrong. We're just going to have to wait for the season.

Yup.

Also keep hearing about a banged up Ravens team and COVID-stricken Browns team.

We dodged both of these issues for the most part.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Because it's sports and its half the fun. 

Fun in Sports is watching your team on the field not fighting over the words some random person writes on an article lol
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhh, Packers have nobody to catch passes and lost some of their defenders and added basically nothing.

It really feels like a 2 horse race in the NFC, versus what... 8+ teams in the AFC?

You may be correct, but they still have the reigning back to back MVP of the league and like Burrow, always gives the Packers a chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You maybe correct, but they still have the reigning back to back MVP of the league and like Burrow, always gives the Packers a chance.

The Talent Level that has left the NFC for the AFC so far is pretty staggering
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:18 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: He's not innocent. He's a sexual predator. He intentionally called massage girls and had admitted he did and had sex with them. This repeated pattern is not a coincidence. I'm not saying he raped them but his conduct was disgusting and exposing yourself is a crime. I don't think he will be convicted but he certainly isn't innocent in all of this

Was Ray Rice ever convicted of anything? I know different circumstances, but both a real eye sore for the NFL PR department.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:20 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Your forgetting year 2 of Chase He isn't a year removed from playing anymore. He is my number 1 fantasy choice he may win MVP

With more time for plays to develop down field this year... He was already bored ridiculous. Now he's gonna be scary as hell.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Was Ray Rice ever convicted of anything? I know different circumstances, but both a real eye sore for the NFL PR department.

His Wife didnt press any charges
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: His Wife didnt press any charges

Yet, he never played in the NFL again

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So what's up with all the hate from the media, fans of other teams, etc?

Is this just what comes from being successful? It seems like NO ONE is giving this team a chance next year. The Browns and Ravens are the teams that people are already picking to win the division. Fans on other social media platforms are the worst. We went from being the darling in the playoffs last year to everyone shitting on us and calling last year a "fluke".

It just blows my mind. This team is really good, complete team that had success last year and got BETTER this year. NO ONE is talking about us.

And I know I know - I shouldn't listen to the media and fans...but I do. Because it's fun and it's part of being a fan. I mean, what the hell gives?

The haters never learn man. We had no chance against the Titans, the Chiefs in the AFCC or the Rams in the Superbowl...

We beat the Titans, the Chiefs and nearly beat the Rams and we just solidified the OL the only reason we didn't win it all.

They are all sticking their fingers in their ears and saying what they hope to be the case.

Too bad for them, we will be back and be the team to beat for years in the AFC and in the Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: That is a cool chart, but that assumes everyone has the same starting point, which just isn’t true.

Every team did have the same starting point; their 53 man roster at the end of their season. The chart just opines who got better/worse. Not who's the better teams 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To the OP, other team's fans will hate on us more the more we win. As for the media, I don't watch espn, but for the last couple of day every time I get in the car NFL Sirius is talking about them and raving. (Usually, they just get a blurb here and there) Kay Adams, to no one's surprise, was singing their praises the other day when her co-hosts were picking the AFC best teams. 

To the Watson suspension, they were talking about that and said the nfl is in a tough place, because they only gave Piggy 4 games, then reduced it to two. If they drop the hammer on Watson, it'll appear racist. 

I am not sure how 2 accusations equates to 22 accusations in the eyes of the NFL and their fans, but the Browns have a lot of fans in an uproar about him playing for Cleveland.

Yes negative PR against the NFL is rough, ask Ray Rice.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:34 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I think the team To watch in the AFC is the Denver Broncos. They have a stout defense and they finally have a game changing quarterback. I think they win the division over KC personally because they have the defense to be paired with the offense. The fact the Browns is rated higher than us in offseason moves is a joke.

Injuries will determine the AFC West and probably AFC North. But I think KC is weaker and will get weaker. I may be prejudice as hell but of all the teams that played in the conference championships the Bengals are the only team that improved themselves in FA.

It’s a QB league and the teams that keep their star QB healthy are the finishers.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Injuries will determine the AFC West and probably AFC North. But I think KC is weaker and will get weaker. I may be prejudice as hell but of all the teams that played in the conference championships the Bengals are the only team that improved themselves in FA.

It’s a QB league and the teams that keep their star QB healthy are the finishers.

I agree with this for sure. I think both the Broncos and the Chargers will finish higher than the Chiefs this year.

We are the team to beat in the AFC though, us and the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You may be correct, but they still have the reigning back to back MVP of the league and like Burrow, always gives the Packers a chance.

Sure, but imagine Burrow without Chase, Higgins, OR Boyd. Great QBing can only do so much with zero competent pass catchers.

I think the Packers currently have Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Randall Cobb, and Malik Taylor as their starting three. Taylor has 7 catches for 80 yards in 2 years. Randall Cobb didn't reach 400 yards last year. None of those 3 would be a starter for the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
As far as on the field. Watson hasn't won any without Hopkins. Ironically neither has Murray.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: As far as on the field. Watson hasn't won any without Hopkins. Ironically neither has Murray.

I don't think Hopkins was on that 2019 team where Watson absolutely lit it up. He had like a 112 rating that year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: As far as on the field. Watson hasn't won any without Hopkins. Ironically neither has Murray.

Burrow hasn't won much without Chase. It's really just a matter of when you pair an elite QB with elite receivers, you get elite results. It is too much of a team game.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The haters never learn man. We had no chance against the Titans, the Chiefs in the AFCC or the Rams in the Superbowl...

We beat the Titans, the Chiefs and nearly beat the Rams and we just solidified the OL the only reason we didn't win it all.

They are all sticking their fingers in their ears and saying what they hope to be the case.

Too bad for them, we will be back and be the team to beat for years in the AFC and in the Superbowl.

(1) Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl LVI Hype Video | feat. Peacemaker Opening Credits Theme - YouTube
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So what's up with all the hate from the media, fans of other teams, etc?

Is this just what comes from being successful? It seems like NO ONE is giving this team a chance next year. The Browns and Ravens are the teams that people are already picking to win the division. Fans on other social media platforms are the worst. We went from being the darling in the playoffs last year to everyone shitting on us and calling last year a "fluke".

It just blows my mind. This team is really good, complete team that had success last year and got BETTER this year. NO ONE is talking about us.

And I know I know - I shouldn't listen to the media and fans...but I do. Because it's fun and it's part of being a fan. I mean, what the hell gives?

And all those goddamn bandwagon fans buying up all the merchandise before the true long-time fans have a shot at it before the eve of the Big Game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 02:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yet, he never played in the NFL again

Formal charges don't make any difference when that video became public.
Reply/Quote