Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Did we not win the division, win the AFC, go to the MF'n Super Bowl, AND get better?
(03-22-2022, 11:57 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: I saw something on ESPN that ranked the best QB/wr duos in the NFL. They had Cooper/Watson ABOVE Burrow/Chase. are you freaking kidding me? What a joke. Dude hasn't played in a year. Won one playoff game vs burrows resume. And most importantly they have NEVER even played together! What a joke

Chase is hands down better than Cooper and you could argue Burrow is better than Watson regardless. That's insane. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: who cares what they say?  why get worked up over someone elses opinion cause it doesnt match our own

Because it's sports and its half the fun. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: First, it is only day 6 of FA and draft is over a month away. Next I would say Rams, TB and GB will all be every good teams and have a shot to win it all.

Ehhh, Packers have nobody to catch passes and lost some of their defenders and added basically nothing.

It really feels like a 2 horse race in the NFC, versus what... 8+ teams in the AFC?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is this after Watson serves his 10+ game suspension???????????????

It's coming, even the Brown's fans are not happy about Watson's character. He may be 100% innocent, but 22 women say he sexually abused them in some way. NFL can't look the other way. Houston chose to pay him and sit him in 2021, so NFL has yet to weigh in and I think the hammer will come down on him in 2022.

He's not innocent. He's a sexual predator. He intentionally called massage girls and had admitted he did and had sex with them. This repeated pattern is not a coincidence. I'm not saying he raped them but his conduct was disgusting and exposing yourself is a crime. I don't think he will be convicted but he certainly isn't innocent in all of this
Reply/Quote
Musically the Bengals win it all because Every Good Boy Does Fine and JoeyB is the FACE of the franchise.. It's in the bag so don't sweat it..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:26 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Great graph here on all 32 teams improvement index after free agency by The Athletic
https://twitter.com/kevincolepff/status/1506251892711636995?s=21

According to this we are the second most improved playoff team…and we were in the SB last year before these improvements lol

Fans/analysts always fall in love with the sexy additions. The bengals had none this year. Just big uglies up front which is EXACTLY what we needed. Might not get the love now, but we’re the team to beat in an already stacked AFC.

The biggest obstacle in the Bengals way in 2022 will not be another team. It’ll be them trying to play at that super bowl run level for 20+ weeks in a row. It’ll be consistency and everyone playing the way they are capable of.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: According to this we are the second most improved playoff team…and we were in the SB last year before these improvements lol

Fans/analysts always fall in love with the sexy additions. The bengals had none this year. Just big uglies up front which is EXACTLY what we needed. Might not get the love now, but we’re the team to beat in an already stacked AFC.

The biggest obstacle in the Bengals way in 2022 will not be another team. It’ll be them trying to play at that super bowl run level for 20+ weeks in a row. It’ll be consistency and everyone playing the way they are capable of.

The little train that could.. I think I can, I think I can..I know I can, I know I can.. it's in the bag.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Many attribute to Bengals winning to luck. For them to dispel this notion they have to do it again and winning it all with pretty much end the narrative.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Many attribute to Bengals winning to luck. For them to dispel this notion they have to do it again and winning it all with pretty much end the narrative.

To a large degree they did have quite a bit of luck, but not nearly as much luck as Jacksonville had in their last SB run.. That was falling down face first in shit and come out smelling like a rose..  Cool

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So what's up with all the hate from the media, fans of other teams, etc?

Is this just what comes from being successful? It seems like NO ONE is giving this team a chance next year. The Browns and Ravens are the teams that people are already picking to win the division. Fans on other social media platforms are the worst. We went from being the darling in the playoffs last year to everyone shitting on us and calling last year a "fluke".

It just blows my mind. This team is really good, complete team that had success last year and got BETTER this year. NO ONE is talking about us.

And I know I know - I shouldn't listen to the media and fans...but I do. Because it's fun and it's part of being a fan. I mean, what the hell gives?

Why does what the national media being negative get you upset?  

#1 - Why do you care?
#2 - You should be happy because all the negativity will be used by Burrow and thus the rest of the team like fuel.
Reply/Quote
Well this is on NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-post-2022-nfl-free-agency

We are 4th.

Also speaks of Watson deal screwing the Ravens with Lamar Jackson future contract. But, Ravens have a ton of draft picks, so who do they replace as their rookie cap hit is 10 million and unless they restructure guys could be tight on cap space in 2022.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I still contend that Watson's days are numbered.. The Stains have been a QB grave yard since rejoining the league.. It's written in the stars or something.. He didn't exactly play in a tough division with the Texans anyway so he may just be in for quite a rude awakening in the AFCN.. Bengals, Raven's and Steeler's D's collectively will definitely want to knock him down a few pegs to put it mildly.. 

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is this after Watson serves his 10+ game suspension???????????????

It's coming, even the Brown's fans are not happy about Watson's character. He may be 100% innocent, but 22 women say he sexually abused them in some way. NFL can't look the other way. Houston chose to pay him and sit him in 2021, so NFL has yet to weigh in and I think the hammer will come down on him in 2022.

To the OP, other team's fans will hate on us more the more we win. As for the media, I don't watch espn, but for the last couple of day every time I get in the car NFL Sirius is talking about them and raving. (Usually, they just get a blurb here and there) Kay Adams, to no one's surprise, was singing their praises the other day when her co-hosts were picking the AFC best teams. 

To the Watson suspension, they were talking about that and said the nfl is in a tough place, because they only gave Piggy 4 games, then reduced it to two. If they drop the hammer on Watson, it'll appear racist. 
Reply/Quote
Picking the Browns to win the division before seeing what kind of suspension Watson gets slapped with is absolutely asinine.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To the OP, other team's fans will hate on us more the more we win. As for the media, I don't watch espn, but for the last couple of day every time I get in the car NFL Sirius is talking about them and raving. (Usually, they just get a blurb here and there) Kay Adams, to no one's surprise, was singing their praises the other day when her co-hosts were picking the AFC best teams. 

To the Watson suspension, they were talking about that and said the nfl is in a tough place, because they only gave Piggy 4 games, then reduced it to two. If they drop the hammer on Watson, it'll appear racist. 

I think what the league does will depend greatly on how Watson plays.. Dollars beat every other consideration in the league. If a player is proven good enough they can get away with most anything as long as a jury isn't tossing them in prison. If they play so-so it gives the league much more incentive to come down hard..The league by law isn't required to do anything at all..it'll be strictly a business decision with PR considerations mixed in with it.. Most fans aren't going to really care enough to boycott games or TV. A few women may care, but they're not the leagues biggest financial supporters by any stretch. They pay lip service to women at best with little pink things and that's about it..  Whatever

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:55 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Here are some things of those out there that don't think much of the Bengals aren't considering:

- no key losses on the roster or coaching staff
- massive upgrades to the o-line (worst unit on team for years)
- Joe B. gets a normal off-season to prepare unlike last year, and will even be more healthy going into season
- Joe B. will be entering his 3rd season, meaning he is still growing and getting better
- the roster will improve overall going forward as there are no great needs to fill immediately
- the experience and confidence gained by winning three straight playoff games, two of which on the road against the top two AFC teams at the time cannot be overstated.
- the experience of playing in the Super Bowl with a chance to win at end of game is for such a young team is massive.

Your forgetting year 2 of Chase He isn't a year removed from playing anymore. He is my number 1 fantasy choice he may win MVP
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: NFC is so bad.

If we can stay healthy this team is indeed stronger. As I’ve said in several other posts I think the growth factor is overlooked. A second year with the entire defense returning intact and Burrows growth and continuity with his receivers? I don’t think people in the media are very good at deep dives. Or Vegas for that matter. If you look at the Bengals last 10 games who was more impressive?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:55 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Here are some things of those out there that don't think much of the Bengals aren't considering:

- no key losses on the roster or coaching staff
- massive upgrades to the o-line (worst unit on team for years)
- Joe B. gets a normal off-season to prepare unlike last year, and will even be more healthy going into season
- Joe B. will be entering his 3rd season, meaning he is still growing and getting better
- the roster will improve overall going forward as there are no great needs to fill immediately
- the experience and confidence gained by winning three straight playoff games, two of which on the road against the top two AFC teams at the time cannot be overstated.
- the experience of playing in the Super Bowl with a chance to win at end of game is for such a young team is massive.

Great post
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So what's up with all the hate from the media, fans of other teams, etc?

Is this just what comes from being successful? It seems like NO ONE is giving this team a chance next year. The Browns and Ravens are the teams that people are already picking to win the division. Fans on other social media platforms are the worst. We went from being the darling in the playoffs last year to everyone shitting on us and calling last year a "fluke".

It just blows my mind. This team is really good, complete team that had success last year and got BETTER this year. NO ONE is talking about us.

And I know I know - I shouldn't listen to the media and fans...but I do. Because it's fun and it's part of being a fan. I mean, what the hell gives?

I would rather have it this way. No pressure. But the min we go on a 3 game losing streak the media will be talking about how we are too great of a team to lose yada yada. Everyone in the football world has said this team will be deadly with a legit Oline. And we will be. F the media.
Reply/Quote
I think the team To watch in the AFC is the Denver Broncos. They have a stout defense and they finally have a game changing quarterback. I think they win the division over KC personally because they have the defense to be paired with the offense. The fact the Browns is rated higher than us in offseason moves is a joke.
Reply/Quote