Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirtiest Player on the Bengals
Ya know, Burfict is the poster boy for dirty play, BUT

I think there is a new king of dirty on this team.

Shawn Williams is dirty man. During AND after play.

The coaches really need to get on these dudes for their nasty play. It's not all bad, but its worse than last year. I don't think the team learned anything from the playoff game and are playing even more recklessly.

It isn't Burfict leading the charge though... Williams has taken over as the dirtiest.
Reply/Quote
Who cares if we're dirty or not honestly I am more concerned that were unathletic and slow on defense then being dirty.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The one who forgets to shower Tongue
Reply/Quote
He's dirty, but then doesn't do anything to make up for it.

At this point in his career, Shawn Williams is just a bad player in way too many areas.

They should've re-signed Nelson.
Reply/Quote
Peko, once thought of as the angel of the group, has had a few really stupid personal fouls....I like the guy, and I think he is still playing at least solid run-stuffing, but his timing on these have been killers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Peko, once thought of as the angel of the group, has had a few really stupid personal fouls....I like the guy, and I think he is still playing at least solid run-stuffing, but his timing on these have been killers.

Good Gawd..... one things for certain, when someone makes an insane statement on this board one day, you can bet people will pick it up and run with it the next day. For Peko to even come up in a thread about "Dirtiest Player on the Bengals" makes me wonder if anyone here really follows this team.....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Good Gawd..... one things for certain, when someone makes an insane statement on this board one day, you can bet people will pick it up and run with it the next day. For Peko to even come up in a thread about "Dirtiest Player on the Bengals" makes me wonder if anyone here really follows this team.....

Did you even read the post?  I made a comment about his personal fouls and complemented his game...I just thought it was surprising that he has had those bone-headed moments.  

If we are not able to deviate from the title of the thread whatsoever, here it is:

Burfict is the dirtiest player.  

Now, everyone should type the same thing and move on...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 09:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Who cares if we're dirty or not honestly I am more concerned that were unathletic and slow on defense then being dirty.

Slow and unathletic? That's what the coaches look for in LBs! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't care if they are dirty but can make plays. Our players are whinny dirty (cry baby bullies, the worse type of people). Getting beat up and abused by opposing teams, and then whining and trying to draw flags because they can't make plays legitimately. It's really quite sad. In past years they were dominant bullies. Feared. Now that the league is watching, of course they look like big babies. That's all players and fans from other teams see now that the spotlight is on our players. No wonder they are being laughed at around the league instead of feared. Ridiculed by players and media pundits alike.

They are lames. Which is a massive fall from where they were just a year ago.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Agree 100%, Burfict may make stupid decisions well after the play is over like stomping on someone, but the dirtiest guy while the play is still going/immediately after with cheap hits is now Williams. It is really hard to watch some of these hits he's making and none of them are necessary. I hope our coaches get in his ear now and stop this while it's still fairly new. Once a guy has been doing it for a while it becomes much harder to stop
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:10 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Agree 100%, Burfict may make stupid decisions well after the play is over like stomping on someone, but the dirtiest guy while the play is still going/immediately after with cheap hits is now Williams. It is really hard to watch some of these hits he's making and none of them are necessary. I hope our coaches get in his ear now and stop this while it's still fairly new. Once a guy has been doing it for a while it becomes much harder to stop

Agreed, Williams could have had some INTs if he wasn't so focused on spearing people.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't care if they are dirty but can make plays. Our players are whinny dirty (cry baby bullies, the worse type of people). Getting beat up and abused by opposing teams, and then whining and trying to draw flags because they can't make plays legitimately. It's really quite sad. In past years they were dominant bullies. Feared. Now that the league is watching, of course they look like big babies. That's all players and fans from other teams see now that the spotlight is on our players. No wonder they are being laughed at around the league instead of feared. Ridiculed by players and media pundits alike.

They are lames. Which is a massive fall from where they were just a year ago.

This is my view as well.  I will admit the "antics" from that particular group was a lot more entertaining last season when they were cruising at 7-0.  Not so much right now sitting at 3-4-1.   It's one thing to perhaps cross the line every now and then when you are balling out, but when you're getting punked it looks bad, because it is.
Reply/Quote
Shawn Williams is a dirty bag of shit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Nah, Burfict is still the dirtiest. He hasn't done anything bad this year, but he's made a reputation and has deserved so. I've yet to see anyone else on this team purposely twist someone's ankle after the play. More than once he did that. Also he had a very dirty hit on Pitta last year where he basically head butted him in the head when neither one of them were even in the play.

Williams isn't that dirty in all honesty. He just isn't that good and tries to make big hits. Iloka has made big hits too and has also hurt our own players. They've both been flagged. The difference is, Iloka has shown he can be good (although struggling this season).
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
What a thumb sucking thread. You'd never hear Steeler, Patriot, Raven, Denver.....heck, even a Brown's fan ask this stuff about their own players.
Reply/Quote
The Browns don't have the players to even question. The others..... How many championships have they won? It's lame to be whinny losing bullies.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Both the safeties have their moments. I think it was Iloka who blasted in full speed on a reciever who was obviously going to the ground and ended up k of King out Josh Shaw instead
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Browns don't have the players to even question. The others..... How many championships have they won? It's lame to be whinny losing bullies.

It's lame to stand there and be bullied, rather than stand up for yourself and try to bully as well.

They're not afraid to go up against the big dogs, and I'd prefer that over being stomped on and just taking it. Show some heart and fight back
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:08 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Williams isn't that dirty in all honesty. He just isn't that good and tries to make big hits. Iloka has made big hits too and has also hurt our own players. They've both been flagged. The difference is, Iloka has shown he can be good (although struggling this season).

I would argue you just gotta look for it. There was a reason Blount stuck his hand up in Williams face mask. There have been many instances this year of Williams instigating during a scrum and running his mouth after plays.

In almost every game this season there has been at least one time that I think to myself during the game "Williams is being blatantly dirty."
Reply/Quote
Just about every player on defense does some dumb, cheap crap during the game. Why they're never reprimanded for it on the sidelines is beyond me.
Reply/Quote