Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disinformation no longer falls under 'Free' Speech

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/02/04/fox-news-three-hosts-trump-lawyers-sued-over-election-fraud-claims/4392023001/

A voting technology company is suing Fox News, three of its hosts and two former lawyers for former President Donald Trump – Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell – for $2.7 billion, charging that the defendants conspired to spread false claims that the company helped “steal” the U.S. presidential election.

The complaint also alleges that Fox hosts Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro also directly benefitted from their involvement in the conspiracy. The lawsuit alleges that Fox went along with the “well-orchestrated dance” due to pressure from newcomer outlets such as Newsmax and One America News (OAN), which were stealing away conservative, pro-Trump viewers.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
You win again, 9th Commandment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 08:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You win again, 9th Commandment.

I just spent 30 minutes reading up on the 9th amendment....and it's still not clear to me how it applies.

Can someone elaborate in layman terms?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 08:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: I just spent 30 minutes reading up on the 9th amendment....and it's still not clear to me how it applies.

Can someone elaborate in layman terms?

First, roll up your constitution and pull out your bible as you won’t find any commandments in the constitution as much as Christians wish you could.

Joking aside, I read it as that at first too.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 08:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/02/04/fox-news-three-hosts-trump-lawyers-sued-over-election-fraud-claims/4392023001/

A voting technology company is suing Fox News, three of its hosts and two former lawyers for former President Donald Trump – Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell – for $2.7 billion, charging that the defendants conspired to spread false claims that the company helped “steal” the U.S. presidential election.

The complaint also alleges that Fox hosts Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro also directly benefitted from their involvement in the conspiracy. The lawsuit alleges that Fox went along with the “well-orchestrated dance” due to pressure from newcomer outlets such as Newsmax and One America News (OAN), which were stealing away conservative, pro-Trump viewers.

Sounds like a classic slander/libel case.  Slander/libel has never been covered by the 1st Amendment, so nothing new here.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 08:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sounds like a classic slander/libel case.  Slander/libel has never been covered by the 1st Amendment, so nothing new here.

It's nothing new, yet a number of ultra-rich and powerful people thought nothing of plainly stating that a huge corporation committed mass treason.  The mind boggles.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 08:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sounds like a classic slander/libel case.  Slander/libel has never been covered by the 1st Amendment, so nothing new here.

The word 'Free' was highlighted in the title meaning it's probably going to cost them. I probably should have just used the quotation marks instead of apostrophes.

Steve Schmidt mentioned that if the Dominion suit was going to take hold that it will forever change the landscape of cable "News". He lightly mentioned this one because it hadn't happened yet but he knew it was coming.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 09:05 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The word 'Free' was highlighted in the title meaning it's probably going to cost them. I probably should have just used the quotation marks instead of apostrophes.

Steve Schmidt mentioned that if the Dominion suit was going to take hold that it will forever change the landscape of cable "News". He lightly mentioned this one because it hadn't happened yet but he knew it was coming.

I see.  My apologies for misinterpreting the point of your thread.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 09:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I see.  My apologies for misinterpreting the point of your thread.

No problem. I was kind of on the run at the time and hastily threw it together so it could have used more of an explanation than I posted.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Lou Dobbs gets bumped. Things sure have changed for him, from when Trump would call him up in the middle of cabinet meetings and put it on speaker phone for all to listen to until now, where no one will hear him speak as long as he's still under contract with Fox.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-02-05/fox-news-cancels-lou-dobbs-tonight

Fox News Media has canceled “Lou Dobbs Tonight,” the program hosted by television’s staunchest supporter of Donald Trump and of his assertions of voter fraud in the 2020 election, The Times has learned.

Dobbs’ program, which airs twice nightly at 5 and 7 p.m. Eastern on the Fox Business Network, will have its final airing Friday, according to a Fox News representative who confirmed the cancellation. Starting next week, the program will be called “Fox Business Tonight,” with rotating substitute hosts Jackie DeAngelis and David Asman, who filled in for Dobbs on Friday.

After leading in the ratings through most of 2020, Fox News had fallen behind CNN and MSNBC since the election, as conservative viewers have tuned out. The network’s competitive position has improved in the last two weeks as the number of casual viewers that CNN often attracts in intense news cycles has begun to subside.

The decision on Dobbs — whose views are often incendiary — indicates that Fox News is considering the proper balance of commentary and news to satisfy conservative viewers, who turn to it as an alternative to so-called mainstream media outlets, while not alienating less ideological voters who make up a significant part of its audience.

But viewers should not expect a major shift as Dobbs’ hour probably will be filled with a conservative opinion host.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote