Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor
(07-07-2022, 12:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was going to mention the daylight would make it impossible. Would have to be primetime night games or watch
the games later at night. I am going to get a projector myself but it is going to be inside most of the time so I can
watch it in the day if I want.

Wyche Rocking SRV on his projector outside at night is sweet. Rock On

I've done SRV over the years, for sure, but that's Waylon GD Jennings. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is just simply not true. A significantly more amount of games are still broadcast in HD than they are in 4K - and even that depends on your TV provider. 

I'm not sure where you are watching movies in 8K but I assure you it isn't coming from your cable subscription or netflix or disney plus. There is like zero 8K content out there at the moment. Buying an 8K TV right now is pointless.

I live in Florida and stream a ton of content now. Yes, I mentioned 8K is not readily available, but as you see it is coming faster than many think. All I now is I now can see any blemish under make ups on my TV, the actors have to hate it

As for 4K, this is my cable provider in Naples.

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/4k-events-sports-and-more-on-xfinity

It is awesome, everything is voice and even has smart remote that fast forwards through commercials and stops a restart of the programs.

So, no I am telling you the truth and the facts.

Let me know if you have any questions, but use common sense, if movies and TV programs are filming now with 8K cameras, soon more shows in 8K. ESPN is behind the times, they need to get on the program or become less relevant over time.

But again, to OP, I would seek a 4K TV, lots of large screens that deliver a better picture than a projector (unless you by a $8000 projector) and much simpler and can stream anything.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 05:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I live in Florida and stream a ton of content now. Yes, I mentioned 8K is not readily available, but as you see it is coming faster than many think. All I now is I now can see any blemish under make ups on my TV, the actors have to hate it

As for 4K, this is my cable provider in Naples.

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/4k-events-sports-and-more-on-xfinity

It is awesome, everything is voice and even has smart remote that fast forwards through commercials and stops a restart of the programs.

So, no I am telling you the truth and the facts.

Let me know if you have any questions, but use common sense, if movies and TV programs are filming now with 8K cameras, soon more shows in 8K. ESPN is behind the times, they need to get on the program or become less relevant over time.

But again, to OP, I would seek a 4K TV, lots of large screens that deliver a better picture than a projector (unless you by a $8000 projector) and much simpler and can stream anything.

So 9 NFL games, 4 college games, and like 10 MLB games...all specific to Fox in 4K. That is just not a lot. 

I am all for 4K, but not a lot is broadcast in it right now. It's good for Netflix and Disney Plus and Amazon, but cable is severely behind when it comes to broadcasting in 4K. 8k isn't even on the horizon.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've done SRV over the years, for sure, but that's Waylon GD Jennings. Cool

At first glance, i thought it was SRV too but the guitar did not look right at all. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 05:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So 9 NFL games, 4 college games, and like 10 MLB games...all specific to Fox in 4K. That is just not a lot. 

I am all for 4K, but not a lot is broadcast in it right now. It's good for Netflix and Disney Plus and Amazon, but cable is severely behind when it comes to broadcasting in 4K. 8k isn't even on the horizon.

I Don't want to fight with you, but I have Xfinity, Netflix, Apple TV +, Prime and Hulu all for around $120 a month with access to buy movies. We stream a lot. We stream on our laptops and project it on the 8K TV with 4K also.

My kids in Cincy stream everything and don't have cable or dish network. Like me, they have extremely fast internet systems so streaming is seamless for 5 people streaming 5 different things.

The new TV's have Netflix and the streaming networks built right in and can be accessed by voice command. 4K is great, far better than just HD.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've done SRV over the years, for sure, but that's Waylon GD Jennings. Cool

Holy crap. Couldn't believe I missed that the first time, the guitar isn't one of Stevie's normal Strats...

BTW, I have a little acoustic guitar that Waylon used to play if you didn't know. 

My Dad's friend used to play in his band and gave it to me. It had shitty all steel strings and a bent neck so my Dad had to 
fix the neck and rebuild the guitar and I put on some nice nylon strings on and it sounds great now. Nice little classical guitar.

Rock On

(07-07-2022, 05:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At first glance, i thought it was SRV too but the guitar did not look right at all. 

True. That ain't no Strat.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 09:55 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: So I need advice from any A/V knowledgeable Bengals fans out here.
     Here is what I want to do. I want to use a projector to watch Bengals prime time games outside and have a Bengals outside viewing party. I have a small shed that is 12 feet wide I can hang a screen from and the edge of patio to the shed is about 22 feet. Any suggestions on what hardware to use? Projector types? Scree types? How many Lumen? I know zero about projectors. I want big screen outside viewing  ability. Anyone out here do this? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Why the hell do you need to project 22'? I cannot see an instance where that much screen is required in a private home. It's not always quantity over quality. Paint the side of your shed white or purchase enough plywood to affix to it. Get yourself a nice 4k projector, and put the money saved into the sound. Remember the body has 5 senses.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 05:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At first glance, i thought it was SRV too but the guitar did not look right at all. 

It's from the late 80s at Austin City....I also SRV's show from that timeframe at that venue. It does have a resemblance, but that guitar is a dead give away if you know Waylon.

(07-07-2022, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Holy crap. Couldn't believe I missed that the first time, the guitar isn't one of Stevie's normal Strats...

BTW, I have a little acoustic guitar that Waylon used to play if you didn't know. 

My Dad's friend used to play in his band and gave it to me. It had shitty all steel strings and a bent neck so my Dad had to 
fix the neck and rebuild the guitar and I put on some nice nylon strings on and it sounds great now. Nice little classical guitar.

Rock On

True. That ain't no Strat.

Nope, it's a Tele. Wink

Awesome story about the acoustic by the way.... I'm a huge Waylon fan.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why the hell do you need to project 22'? I cannot see an instance where that much screen is required in a private home. It's not always quantity over quality. Paint the side of your shed white or purchase enough plywood to affix to it. Get yourself a nice 4k projector, and put the money saved into the sound. Remember the body has 5 senses.  

Screen will be about 12'....the distance from his patio to the shed is 22'.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 11:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Screen will be about 12'....the distance from his patio to the shed is 22'.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 06:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I Don't want to fight with you, but I have Xfinity, Netflix, Apple TV +, Prime and Hulu all for around $120 a month with access to buy movies. We stream a lot. We stream on our laptops and project it on the 8K TV with 4K also.

My kids in Cincy stream everything and don't have cable or dish network. Like me, they have extremely fast internet systems so streaming is seamless for 5 people streaming 5 different things.

The new TV's have Netflix and the streaming networks built right in and can be accessed by voice command. 4K is great, far better than just HD.

Lol I'm not arguing 4K isn't great. I have a 4k OLED tv. It's awesome. All I'm arguing is that not a lot of sports content is broadcast in 4k yet. That's all. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:44 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd suggest buying one with wifi/bluetooth - that way you can just stream the games from your phone to your projector and not even have to mess around with hooking up a cable box and doing that old song and dance.

From your phone? With friends over? What happens if a call comes in and disrupts the game and comes over the speakers and it's the old woman calling to b*tch him out about something and it's during the best part of the game? That would be embarrassing..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 02:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: From your phone? With friends over? What happens if a call comes in and disrupts the game and comes over the speakers and it's the old woman calling to b*tch him out about something and it's during the best part of the game? That would be embarrassing..  Cool

Which is precisely why I use a tablet.... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 09:55 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: So I need advice from any A/V knowledgeable Bengals fans out here.
     Here is what I want to do. I want to use a projector to watch Bengals prime time games outside and have a Bengals outside viewing party. I have a small shed that is 12 feet wide I can hang a screen from and the edge of patio to the shed is about 22 feet. Any suggestions on what hardware to use? Projector types? Scree types? How many Lumen? I know zero about projectors. I want big screen outside viewing  ability. Anyone out here do this? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I own a custom AV Integration firm and do this type of work literally all over the world and consult to help other AV pros and DIYers on their projects. Here is my professional advice...

- Select whatever resolution projector you want. Honestly, for what you're doing, 1080P would blow your mind, but you can do 4K if you wish to spend more and want to do more critical viewing using the projector inside.

^ An under $2,000 1080P LCD Epson or a BenQ will do. I would look at the Epson Home Cinema stuff, personally. Thise are around $1500ish.

This one is perfect: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/epson-home-cinema-3200-4k-3lcd-projector-with-high-dynamic-range-white/6366529.p?skuId=6366529

- Any screen is fine. Just get something big. Amazon has a million vheap options... Unless you're gojng high end look, hidden, dolby atmos multi channel audio with subs buried in the ground. You know, permanent stuff (like what I do)

DO NOT BE A CHEAP ASS AND USE A PROJECTOR'S BUILT IN SPEAKERS... IT'S TRASH AUDIO

It's not about loud, it's about quality and intelligibility.

- Buy VERY GOOD outdoor speakers. 8" woofers would be ideal, but you could do smaller. Revel, Focal, Klipsch would all be fine. PM me and I can get you a pair of whatever you wish at my dealer cost. Typically 50% off MSRP or more.

- Some companies make a single point stereo speaker with an 8" woofer. One of those could work great... depending on how far back you are, how wide an area you want to cover, etc 

If your budget is already destroyed (sorry, bud... luxuries like giant outside Bengals cinema are expensive to do well), Parts Express has cheap, but acceptable, outdoor speakers. That is the basement of audio quality... but it's better than the projector's audio.

- Parts Express has an amp that is around $200 that will run the above just fine. https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-APA150-150W-Power-Amplifier-300-812

You will need the following accessories...

- Extension cord
- Mini Jack to Stereo Audio Cable (Also at Parts Express under $5) 
- Roku Stick with TV Control remote (roughly $40-60) stream via cable provider app, Hulu, youtube, TV... etc.
- Some sort of table to set projector and amp on.
- Speaker Wire

^ The above will more than likely last a long time and give you an excellent (for the cost) outdoor system for not just Bengals games, but movies, video games, music, etc etc. Basically, whatever you want to do for outdoor entertainment for around $2,500ish.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 09:34 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I own a custom AV Integration firm and do this type of work literally all over the world (building a home theater in Atlanta next month for a client) and consult to help other AV pros and DIYers on their projects as well.

As you can tell, there are a lot of laymen opinions on how to do this. Many ways to bake a cake, so to speak. But, I'm (probably) the only one here who does this for a living. I compete in the same industry space as Hanson, MAllen associates, Alamo, etc. Here is my professional advice...

- Select whatever resolution projector you want. Honestly, for what you're doing,1080P would blow your mind, but you can do 4K if you wish. The real win there would be if you want to do more critical viewing using the projector inside.

Any 4K projector I would recommend would be $2,000-$4,000. If just for outside - WHY? It isn't critical viewing (usually) and can only be used if weather is good enough. Unless going for a higher end screen and in an enclosed or covered area your screen is not going to be anything special enough to pull off 4K, high end contrast,  HDR, etc etc THAT large and in THAT environment. So, why spend money for an image you'll never be able to fully realize in real world use? Now, if you take it inside, that's a dual use concept and I would say go for the 4K if budget allows.

^ An under $2,000 1080P LCD Epson or a BenQ will do. I would look at the Epson Home Cinema stuff, personally. Thise are around $1500ish.

This one is perfect: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/epson-home-cinema-3200-4k-3lcd-projector-with-high-dynamic-range-white/6366529.p?skuId=6366529

- Any screen is fine. Just get something big. Amazon has a million vheap options... Unless you're gojng high end look, hidden, dolby atmos multi channel audio with subs buried in the ground. You know, permanent stuff (like what I do)

DO NOT BE A CHEAP ASS AND USE A PROJECTOR'S BUILT IN SPEAKERS... IT'S TRASH AUDIO

- Buy VERY GOOD outdoor speakers. 8" woofers would be ideal, but you could do smaller. Revel, Focal, Klipsch would all be fine. PM me and I can get you a pair of whatever you wish at my dealer cost. Typically 50% off MSRP or more.

- Some companies make a single point stereo speaker with an 8" woofer. One of those could work great... depending on how far back you are, how wide an area you want to cover, etc 

If your budget is already destroyed (sorry, bud... luxuries like giant outside Bengals cinema are expensive to do well), Parts Express has cheap, but acceptable, outdoor speakers. That is the basement of audio quality... but it's better than the projector.

- Parts Express has an amp that is around $200 that will run the above just fine. https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-APA150-150W-Power-Amplifier-300-812

- Extension cord
- Roku Stick with TV Control remote (roughly $40-60) - You will stream the game via Spectrum app, Hulu, or YoutubeTV.
- Some sort of table or cart to set projector and amp on.
- Speaker Wire

^ The above will more than likely last a long time and give you an excellent (for the cost) outdoor system for not just Bengals games, but movies, video games, music, etc etc. Basically, whatever you want to do for outdoor entertainment for around $2,500ish.

BTW, I would absolutely keep in mind that during the day, any light between the lense and the screen will wash the image out. Understand this when selecting where your equipment is all going. Night time will be amazing anywhere you put this. Day time needs a lot more consideration... like shade, etc.

This guy projectors.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 06:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I Don't want to fight with you, but I have Xfinity, Netflix, Apple TV +, Prime and Hulu all for around $120 a month with access to buy movies. We stream a lot. We stream on our laptops and project it on the 8K TV with 4K also.

You are discussing maximum resolution.... There is MUCH MUCH more to image quality than maximum resolution. Much like their is more to high performance vehicles than maximum horse power.

Screen size, seating distance, and the actual technology in the panel have more to do with image quality than maximum resolution.

Some basic model Panasonic 1080P plasma displays still have spectacular image quality even when A/B'd to the newest 4K orceven 8k OLED panels.

I have been in the AV industry since 2019 and owned an integration firm since 2006. I'm a dealer of Sony, LG, Samsung, Hisense, JVC.. and on and on and have done many trainings with these companies and have also given many trainings to AV companies.

There is a lot going on in these televisions that matter more than max res. I can name the bigest ones: Diming zone, aperture speed (on a PJ), pixel shift (or not), how many segments a color wheel has (DLP PJ), trimode laser or single (pj), ambient light tech, panel type (LG uses one type, Sony/Samsung another), color saturation, grey scale, motion processing and speed...... That list goes on and on and on where thise things allllll trump maximum resolution.

Now, where you do have a leg to stand on here is that the newest sets with the newest/best tech (plasma being excluded because it is a dead tech and was killed off for reasons other than performance) DO have the highest resolution AND the most cutting edge panel tech. So, in that sense, you're right.... Bleeding edge tech will typically have the highest picture quality. But that is more to do with how the picture is implemented and not the max resolution. Especially on TVs where the screens are so small  since most are under 120".
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 10:33 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You are discussing maximum resolution.... There is MUCH MUCH more to image quality than maximum resolution. Much like their is more to high performance vehicles than maximum horse power.

Screen size, seating distance, and the actual technology in the panel have more to do with image quality than maximum resolution.

Some basic model Panasonic 1080P plasma displays still have spectacular image quality even when A/B'd to the newest 4K  orceven 8k OLED panels.

I have been in the AV industry since 2019 and owned an integration firm since 2006. I'm a dealer of Sony, LG, Samsung, Hisense, JVC.. and on and on and have done many trainings with these companies and have also given many trainings to AV companies.

There is a lot going on in these televisions that matter more than max res. I can name the bigest ones: Diming zone, aperture speed (on a PJ), pixel shift (or not), how many segments a color wheel has (DLP PJ), trimode laser or single (pj), ambient light tech, panel type (LG uses one type, Sony/Samsung another), color saturation, grey scale, motion processing and speed...... That list goes on and on and on where thise things allllll trump maximum resolution.

Now, where you do have a leg to stand on here is that the newest sets with the newest/best tech (plasma being excluded because it is a dead tech and was killed off for reasons other than performance) DO have the highest resolution AND the most cutting edge panel tech. So, in that sense, you're right.... Bleeding edge tech will typically have the highest picture quality. But that is more to do with how the picture is implemented and not the max resolution. Especially on TVs where the screens are so small  since most are under 120".

I am just a guy who has hired Hanson and architectural entertainment out of Loveland to advise me. They did all of my theatre rooms and my last projector was for a 120" screen (indoors) that did not need a bulb change, but was over $8000K. I had a huge sitting area that sat 13 Theatre chairs in my basement as to why I needed the big screen. My entire system for the whole house could be controlled by remotes in the basement (House had 8 TV's that could get everything) so very elaborate. 

I am no expert so I depended on guys like you to teach me. For example my house in Cincy had an indoor/outdoor music speaker system. My guy told me in Florida to buy Soros speakers and save $4000 dollars as they are movable. I would think this would suffice for the OP to use outdoor plus he can move them anywhere and use them. We take one on the beach and also on boats for example. My speakers sync up with my Iphone, Mac or TV's.

I recommended the 4K TV due to their updated technology versus a projector. If a bulb goes out on a projector, it is $1000 to $1500 so high maintenance. 

Obviously you are an expert so he should listen to you over anyone inthe forum. I won't speak for others, but I was just trying to share my best bets based on being a TV junkie, I like them big and in every room in my house. I have a lanai and have one under cover big enough to watch from my spa and pool.

TY for sharing and helping him out. I am sure he now has the info to make a great decision.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 10:33 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You are discussing maximum resolution.... There is MUCH MUCH more to image quality than maximum resolution. Much like their is more to high performance vehicles than maximum horse power.

Some basic model Panasonic 1080P plasma displays still have spectacular image quality even when A/B'd to the newest 4K  orceven 8k OLED panels.

My OLED in HD picture beats the **** out of my LED in 4K. 
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 09:34 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I own a custom AV Integration firm and do this type of work literally all over the world and consult to help other AV pros and DIYers on their projects. Here is my professional advice...

- Select whatever resolution projector you want. Honestly, for what you're doing, 1080P would blow your mind, but you can do 4K if you wish to spend more and want to do more critical viewing using the projector inside.

If your budget is already destroyed (sorry, bud... luxuries like giant outside Bengals cinema are expensive to do well), Parts Express has cheap, but acceptable, outdoor speakers. That is the basement of audio quality... but it's better than the projector's audio.

- Extension cord
- Roku Stick with TV Control remote (roughly $40-60) stream via cable provider app, Hulu, youtube, TV... etc.
- Some sort of table to set projector and amp on.
- Speaker Wire

Thanks for the info!!! This is the kind of info I need. I will have to digest this. I may pm you with follow up questions. Much appreciated!!
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why the hell do you need to project 22'? I cannot see an instance where that much screen is required in a private home. It's not always quantity over quality. Paint the side of your shed white or purchase enough plywood to affix to it. Get yourself a nice 4k projector, and put the money saved into the sound. Remember the body has 5 senses.  

The distance from the patio to the shed is 22 feet. The throw distance would be 22 feet not the screen.
Reply/Quote