Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor
(07-07-2022, 11:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's from the late 80s at Austin City....I also SRV's show from that timeframe at that venue. It does have a resemblance, but that guitar is a dead give away if you know Waylon.

Nope, it's a Tele. Wink

Awesome story about the acoustic by the way.... I'm a huge Waylon fan.

I don't. I don't like country music.  Wink

I just knew something was off as i glanced at it and moved on. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 12:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was going to mention the daylight would make it impossible. Would have to be primetime night games or watch
the games later at night. I am going to get a projector myself but it is going to be inside most of the time so I can
watch it in the day if I want.

Wyche Rocking SRV on his projector outside at night is sweet. Rock On

Had the privilege of catching Stevie live in Phoenix but never got to see Waylon live, who I like as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 01:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't. I don't like country music.  Wink

I hear that.. Sound like a bunch of dieing cats..
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My OLED in HD picture beats the **** out of my LED in 4K. 

Well, ya! It sure will. OLED works completely different than an LED. Wildly different, really. A 1080P image on an OLED will destroy a 4K stream on a basic LED... even on more advanced LEDs there's no competition.

The problem with 4K and televisions is that the image is too small to see the resolution difference in typical viewing conditions or sources. Even a 75" display is small for a 4K picture. The pixel density is just too thick (packed in too tight) for the human eye to differentiate - strictly speaking resolution wise.

Where you can see perhaps a little finer res would be, like, still photos of a frogs ass, or something that were natively taken under a microscope. Even then, picture quality wise, most people would select images with other quality traits over just max resolution. We are talking steps in res, not wild jumps like when things went from 525 NTSC interlaced scan lines to 720 or 1080 progressive lines. That's quite significant on typical screen sizes. 1080P (progressive scans) to 4K (interlaced) is a jump in res, yes... but it's already on the boarder of what the human eye can actually take in.

Resolution really comes down to screen size and seating distance.

I remember a training that came out from a projector manufacturer when 1080P started to over take 720p stuff. Basically, taking 20/20 vision into account, you could sit your front row about 11" closer to a 16:9 100" screen than you could a 720P image. After that distance change, all things being equal, you couldn't really see major differences. 4K is basically film like and incredible on large cinema screens. I don't design smaller than 135" any more. Most of my theaters are 16:9 165" and up to create an IMAX feel.

If that sounds gigantic; with a 4K image THX spec recommends a seating distance of 17' on a 16:9 150" screen (if I recall) for the best image quality. On a 50", they calculate that the perfect seating distance is just under 7' for a 4K image. That is insane to most people.... until they see the 150" projection and then minds are blown! lol 150" in 720P was fine, but not amazing. Honestly, some decent 1080P Epson stuff did 180" screens and looked spectacular! That was 2016 and the 1080P projector tech was quite mature at that point.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 01:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't. I don't like country music.  Wink

You could just say: "I don't like music". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

(07-08-2022, 07:44 PM)Tony Wrote: I hear that.. Sound like a bunch of dieing cats..

Jennings transcends genres, you boys are missing out.

I suggest "No Good Chain Gang" with Johnny Cash "I Can Get Off on You" with Willie as starters....then probably "Lonesome Ornery and Mean" "No God in Mexico", "Outlaw Bit Done Got out of Hand", and "Honky Tonk Heroes" for a solo song.

I mean, not many "country" artists played stadiums with bands like the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers like Jennings did. He also got his start playing bass for Buddy Holly.

I think heavy metal is ridiculous with some really stupid imagery and lyrics, horrible screeching singers, and often redundant licks that go over the top to the point of being boring.... doesn't mean I don't listen to Motorhead, Pantera, White Zombie, Sabbath, old Metallica, and a few others because of that opinion.

Nirvana was horrible, overrated pop music and Pearl Jam sucked after Ten. Doesn't mean I don't dig the shit outta Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, and other bands from the era....get my drift? Broaden your perspectives gentlemen.....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My OLED in HD picture beats the **** out of my LED in 4K. 

I would not have believed this if I didn't purchase a display model TV from Costco recently.  Last year's model, but they gave it to me for $550 and it is 55" and OLED.  I bascially use it for outside usage and carry it in when done.  It is very light and I have a stand built for it next to the fireplace.  The only thing it needs is better sound, and I have a portable speaker set for movie nights.  

I got tired always setting up the big sheet screen and the projector.  I have to admit, though, it was pretty fun to hook my son's X-Box up to it and play split screen halo on at 12' screen.  Ditto drive-in movie feel with family.  Now, it is usually just me and my GF watching a show like Yellowstone. 

But, yes, that OLED is downright beautiful and mine is the older model. 4K.  
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You could just say: "I don't like music". 

I love music. I listen to and play it every day. I just don't like the sound that comes from that particular genre. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 09:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Jennings transcends genres, you boys are missing out.

I suggest "No Good Chain Gang" with Johnny Cash "I Can Get Off on You" with Willie as starters....then probably "Lonesome Ornery and Mean" "No God in Mexico", "Outlaw Bit Done Got out of Hand", and "Honky Tonk Heroes" for a solo song.

I mean, not many "country" artists played stadiums with bands like the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers like Jennings did. He also got his start playing bass for Buddy Holly.

I think heavy metal is ridiculous with some really stupid imagery and lyrics, horrible screeching singers, and often redundant licks that go over the top to the point of being boring.... doesn't mean I don't listen to Motorhead, Pantera, White Zombie, Sabbath, old Metallica, and a few others because of that opinion.

Nirvana was horrible, overrated pop music and Pearl Jam sucked after Ten. Doesn't mean I don't dig the shit outta Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, and other bands from the era....get my drift? Broaden your perspectives gentlemen.....lol.

I hear what you're saying. It's always about personal taste. To clarify a bit...i don't necessarily dislike Jennings or any/all specific musician(s). I just dislike a particular sound, that comes primarily from "country" artists. There are certainly songs from some that i've liked over the years but as a whole, i don't like the way it hits my ears, the same way you don't like most heavy metal.

That just happens to be my favorite type of music, but even then, i don't like all of it. You'd probably run for the hills if you had to listen to what i'm currently listening to/playing. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 07:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Had the privilege of catching Stevie live in Phoenix but never got to see Waylon live, who I like as well. 

That must of been out of this world. SRV was a mad man live. One of the best live guitarists ever. No one better.

Remember just watching one of his live concert vids down on the border when he was playing Texas Flood.

I swear the Strat was smoking after he got done. Strongest hands I have ever seen besides maybe David Gilmour 
who somehow at his age still is bending strings off the neck like some freak of nature. Must know something about 
how to treat his arthritis. Usually guitarists start to really hurt in their hands once they get older.

(07-09-2022, 09:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Jennings transcends genres, you boys are missing out.

Great post Wyche. I don't like the "my dog died Country" either. Waylon and Johnny were different.

They aren't a genre. They are all their own.

AIC, STP and Soundgarden are so much better than the newer Pearl Jam too.

Some Pearl Jam fan's claim STP ripped off Pearl Jam lol

STP is so much better back in the day before Scott Weiland went all pickled.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 09:55 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: So I need advice from any A/V knowledgeable Bengals fans out here.
     Here is what I want to do. I want to use a projector to watch Bengals prime time games outside and have a Bengals outside viewing party. I have a small shed that is 12 feet wide I can hang a screen from and the edge of patio to the shed is about 22 feet. Any suggestions on what hardware to use? Projector types? Scree types? How many Lumen? I know zero about projectors. I want big screen outside viewing  ability. Anyone out here do this? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I bought a pull down projector screen and used my Epsom projector. I installed in my ceiling to pull over my fireplace. I enjoyed it for a couple of games and then just got tired of setting it up for just me. Now I'm looking to get rid of the screen.

Most people are correct about light effecting the quality of picture. You really need to have a dark setting to get the best results. Indoor with lights off and window shades down worked pretty well.
Reply/Quote
Id buy something like this

https://www.amazon.com/amazon-fire-tv-65-inch-omni-series-4k-smart-tv/dp/B08T6J1HG8/ref=asc_df_B08T6J1HG8/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=532859506288&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7939998645981174714&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1016367&hvtargid=pla-1443330438208&psc=1

And set it up and just cast the game outside or wherever you want to do it.

Then in the winter if your have a porch or sunroom or basement. Put the tv in there

Projector seems like way too much work for, what? 6 games a year and 20 hrs?
Reply/Quote
Don’t Forget. Starting next year directTV is out with Sunday ticket.

All their stupid restrictions too.

Apple or Amazon will have it. And anyone, anywhere will have access to all out of market games.

Obviously we will have to pay for it. But what a revenue stream that will be for the selected provider.

DirectTV has ****** that up so bad. All these restrictions to purchase and local areas you cant
Be in, etc.

It’s the last year of that BS
Reply/Quote

You aren't listening to the right metal. Gotta go underground for the good shit...
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That must of been out of this world. SRV was a mad man live. One of the best live guitarists ever. No one better.

Remember just watching one of his live concert vids down on the border when he was playing Texas Flood.

I swear the Strat was smoking after he got done. Strongest hands I have ever seen besides maybe David Gilmour 
who somehow at his age still is bending strings off the neck like some freak of nature. Must know something about 
how to treat his arthritis. Usually guitarists start to really hurt in their hands once they get older.

Great post Wyche. I don't like the "my dog died Country" either. Waylon and Johnny were different.

They aren't a genre. They are all their own.

AIC, STP and Soundgarden are so much better than the newer Pearl Jam too.

Some Pearl Jam fan's claim STP ripped off Pearl Jam lol

STP is so much better back in the day before Scott Weiland went all pickled.

Wanna see a guitar smoke? Watch some buckethead.. I suggest soothsayer...
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 09:15 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Jennings transcends genres, you boys are missing out.

Maybe if you judge them solely off watching the video for Smells Like Teen Spirit…

Nirvana was immensely talented (well - at least Grohl as a musician and Cobain as a songwriter), and certainly far more than “pop music.” The Unplugged in NY album alone is proof enough of that.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would not have believed this if I didn't purchase a display model TV from Costco recently.  Last year's model, but they gave it to me for $550 and it is 55" and OLED.  I bascially use it for outside usage and carry it in when done.  It is very light and I have a stand built for it next to the fireplace.  The only thing it needs is better sound, and I have a portable speaker set for movie nights.  

I got tired always setting up the big sheet screen and the projector.  I have to admit, though, it was pretty fun to hook my son's X-Box up to it and play split screen halo on at 12' screen.  Ditto drive-in movie feel with family.  Now, it is usually just me and my GF watching a show like Yellowstone. 

But, yes, that OLED is downright beautiful and mine is the older model. 4K.  

I was at Costco today and noticed they had OLED TVS for the first time. $550 for a 55 inch is an awesome deal. What brand is it? 

Little known fact - LG is the only one who produces OLED screens - so all the screens in all the brands are LG screens and are very similar. The difference is processor, build quality, etc. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 03:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe if you judge them solely off watching the video for Smells Like Teen Spirit…

Nirvana was immensely talented (well - at least Grohl as a musician and Cobain as a songwriter), and certainly far more than “pop music.” The Unplugged in NY album alone is proof enough of that.

Meh...I wasn't impressed.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2022, 02:16 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Meh...I wasn't impressed.

To each their own.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 01:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I hear what you're saying. It's always about personal taste. To clarify a bit...i don't necessarily dislike Jennings or any/all specific musician(s). I just dislike a particular sound, that comes primarily from "country" artists. There are certainly songs from some that i've liked over the years but as a whole, i don't like the way it hits my ears, the same way you don't like most heavy metal.

That just happens to be my favorite type of music, but even then, i don't like all of it. You'd probably run for the hills if you had to listen to what i'm currently listening to/playing. Big Grin

I'mma hearing you. But man, Waylon is pure outlaw, hell, he invented that subgenre. The guy is honestly punk. I love his work. To each their own.....and I do love some metal.

Reply/Quote