Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Disturbing trend in Bengal history
Bengals have never made the Super Bowl following a season with more than 6 wins. 

And we know that past trends control our chances to make the Super Bowl, right?

So should we tank this year in order to have a shot in 2023?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals have never made the Super Bowl following a season with more than 6 wins. 

We broke curses last year. Add this one to the list!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have disturbing trends in my bathroom habits. I usually have a single visit before, and a single visit after work. BUT….Whenever I eat a whole wheel of cheese, I miss like 3 scheduled visits in a row. Should I lay off the Gouda? I certainly don’t want to.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:28 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I have disturbing trends in my bathroom habits. I usually have a single visit before, and a single visit after work. BUT….Whenever I eat a whole wheel of cheese, I miss like 3 scheduled visits in a row. Should I lay off the Gouda? I certainly don’t want to.

So, what your really sayin is you have a cheese log.

Reply/Quote
We've never had Joe Burrow either. History goes out the window when you land a talent such as him.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals have never made the Super Bowl following a season with more than 6 wins. 

Sounds like someone is really having trouble waiting for the season to start. You're almost there, Fred. Just hang on a little while longer.
Reply/Quote

I don't even think the Bengals should show up to the games. Just rest and avoid injuries and bulk up on protein at Jeff Ruby's to get stronger, faster. Then in 2023 we will be the first undefeated team to win the Super Bowl since the Dolphins.

Oh, and none of the players can have sex for the year either, in case you didn't know Rocky's trainer Mickey said it makes the legs weak...

So, whata we waitin' for it's time to piss lightning and crap thunder!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We broke curses last year. Add this one to the list!

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: Sounds like someone is really having trouble waiting for the season to start. You're almost there, Fred. Just hang on a little while longer.

Nah, fred's just upset because no one agrees with him that last season was a fluke for the Bengals.  ThumbsUp

Interesting thing I just found out this morning: last year wasn't the first time the Bengals made the Super Bowl following a season where they only won 4 games. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 10:25 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nah, fred's just upset because no one agrees with him that last season was a fluke for the Bengals.  ThumbsUp

Interesting thing I just found out this morning: last year wasn't the first time the Bengals made the Super Bowl following a season where they only won 4 games. 

There's nothing flukey about last season. It is a culmination of Zac Taylor's vision of building a team of quality, unselfish players who are leaders who know and are willing to do what it takes to win. Add in to that the massive talent that is Joe Burrow and last year is just the start. I wonder if a lot of people even realize how special this team is. To have a top QB who is humble and a class act, 3 WR's who are 3 of the best in the league and none of which are diva's crying for the ball, a RB like Joe Mixon, and then to have guys like Hendrickson, Hubbard, Reader, and all our DB's all not only on the same team, but actually acting like they are all on the same team and no one complaining is something special. I've been here since year 1, and this is my all time favorite version of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I don't care what the media heads are saying, I don't care what history indicates. This Bengal team is returning to the Super Bowl. This team will win the Super Bowl.

The Bills and Chargers can suck it.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Speaking of trends, does anyone remember the Notre Dame fan on the old board who claimed there was a trend that whenever Notre Dame won on Saturday, then the Bengals would win on Sunday, and when Notre Dame lost, then the Bengals would lose? Not a trend based on turnovers or sacks, but on some other random team winning their games.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: We've never had Joe Burrow either.  History goes out the window when you land a talent such as him.

We did have Greg Cook. But without today's advancement in medical technology, Burrow might have gone the way of Cook.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:28 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I have disturbing trends in my bathroom habits. I usually have a single visit before, and a single visit after work. BUT….Whenever I eat a whole wheel of cheese, I miss like 3 scheduled visits in a row. Should I lay off the Gouda? I certainly don’t want to.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Two instances now constitutes a trend. Got it..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 12:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: Speaking of trends, does anyone remember the Notre Dame fan on the old board who claimed there was a trend that whenever Notre Dame won on Saturday, then the Bengals would win on Sunday, and when Notre Dame lost, then the Bengals would lose? Not a trend based on turnovers or sacks, but on some other random team winning their games.

I doubt it means anything to anyone else, but I am getting a double dose of Pittsburgh this week.

Saturday #24 Tennessee at #17 Pittsburgh.....  Vols a surprising 6 point favorite.  I don't feel very good about that game.  UT has a lot of questions on defense.

Sunday Steelers at Bengals.....  Bengals a solid 6.5 favorite.  I feel very good about our chances in this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 10:25 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nah, fred's just upset because no one agrees with him that last season was a fluke for the Bengals.  ThumbsUp

Actually almost everyone everywhere except here on these boards agree with me.

And I don't get upset over being correct.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 09:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We broke curses last year. Add this one to the list!

It was a great mindset Zac and the leaders built to rid themselves of the poor playoff history of Marvin Lewis. Listening to the Blackburn girls Zac was pretty confident we were going to win a playoff game before the season.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually almost everyone everywhere except here on these boards agree with me.

That's not true.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually almost everyone everywhere except here on these boards agree with me.

Your dogs,cats, and ferets don’t count
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote