Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Division Race
(12-15-2021, 04:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure the Raiders are gonna "come out pissed" after losing last week.
They, like the Bengals, were 5-2 at one point in the season and have lost 5 of their last 6.
Their only win during that span was the OT win against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

If the anger were going to come, it would have already.

The Raiders simply aren't that good with all that's happened to them this season.

losing your HC and top WR will derail everyteam for the most part
Reply/Quote
Good news. I just found out I am off both Mondays following the Ravens and Chiefs games. That means I'm going to get shit faced when watching the games. Now that is Bengal news right there.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good news. I just found out I am off both Mondays following the Ravens and Chiefs games. That means I'm going to get shit faced when watching the games. Now that is Bengal news right there.

Here's hoping it's because you're celebrating and not drowning your sorrows.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 05:07 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals need to take care of their own business.  Win 4 in a row and they win the division regardless of what anyone else does

Well yeah, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the other three AFCN teams struggles.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Here's hoping it's because you're celebrating and not drowning your sorrows.

I gotta call "the guy" and have him send me over some hookers and blow.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I gotta call "the guy" and have him send me over some hookers and blow.

Got you covered.  You can borrow my copy.

[Image: 9781777225100_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 05:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Being "pissed" never scored a single point for anyone, ever. 

Pacman being pissed scored 3 points for Pittsburgh one time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:48 PM)jason Wrote: Pacman being pissed scored 3 points for Pittsburgh one time.

if a coach came on the field and pulled out your hair you probly be pissed too
Reply/Quote
We still technically control our own destiny, I believe. Win out, and we win the division. Obviously not the most realistic option, but the only one that guarantees us a playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm going to post this in Jungle Noise, because for these last few weeks everything that happens in the AFCN affects the Bengals. If someone wants to be the post police and whine, then the mods can move it. Cleveland had it's best chance for a win out of their remaining games on Saturday against the Raiders. Seems the whole team, including Mayfield and Stefanskie, are on the Covid list. Cleveland may not be able to field a team.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/cleveland-browns-depth-chart-team-171332800.html

It seems a LOT of people are on the bandwagon of postponing this game for the Browns, since it could happen to their teams as well.  I don't see how the NFL can do that, but I am hoping they just play it.  The line is only Browns +1.5 and I think they have a solid backup QB and maybe their team rises up and plays the Raiders tough.  No idea what to expect, but it is just more of the same in the craziness that is this NFL season.

Overall, I think the Browns are the biggest threat (or favorite) to win the AFC North.  They have to play Green Bay, but pitt and the Raiders would (normally) have been wins for them.  Then it would come down to the final week against Cincy and it is at their home.  A loss to the Raiders changes everything (as long as Cincy is able to win in Denver).

Cincy wins in Denver, I think they beat Baltimore AND KC.  Yep, because I think KC would have less to play for and I think Cincy would be really up for that game.  Not sure if it could be flexed, but it would be a great game if both teams came in riding winning streaks. 

Do that, and the Bengals can actually rest their starters against the Browns.  It would be like a bye!  That would be incredible. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 11:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if a coach came on the field and pulled out your hair you probly be pissed too

It was Reggie Nelsons hair that was pulled by steelers coach Munchak. Pacman got the penalty reaching over an official going after Porter.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good news. I just found out I am off both Mondays following the Ravens and Chiefs games. That means I'm going to get shit faced when watching the games. Now that is Bengal news right there.

I guess that means there will be a whole lot of shit posting go on?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess that means there will be a whole lot of shit posting go on?  Ninja

Possibly. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It seems a LOT of people are on the bandwagon of postponing this game for the Browns, since it could happen to their teams as well.  I don't see how the NFL can do that, but I am hoping they just play it.  The line is only Browns +1.5 and I think they have a solid backup QB and maybe their team rises up and plays the Raiders tough.  No idea what to expect, but it is just more of the same in the craziness that is this NFL season.

Overall, I think the Browns are the biggest threat (or favorite) to win the AFC North.  They have to play Green Bay, but pitt and the Raiders would (normally) have been wins for them.  Then it would come down to the final week against Cincy and it is at their home.  A loss to the Raiders changes everything (as long as Cincy is able to win in Denver).

Cincy wins in Denver, I think they beat Baltimore AND KC.  Yep, because I think KC would have less to play for and I think Cincy would be really up for that game.  Not sure if it could be flexed, but it would be a great game if both teams came in riding winning streaks. 

Do that, and the Bengals can actually rest their starters against the Browns.  It would be like a bye!  That would be incredible. 

Not really sure what you mean by KC has less to play for.
They are only one game ahead of the Chargers for the division and the Chargers already beat them once, so they can't have the H2H tiebreaker.
The Chiefs are 3-1 in the division and Chargers are 2-1.
On top of that, Chiefs are tied with Patriots and Titans for first place in the AFC.

So I'm sure they're going to be focused on winning as much as possible to try to win the division and the AFC so that they get home-field advantage and a first-round bye.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It seems a LOT of people are on the bandwagon of postponing this game for the Browns, since it could happen to their teams as well.  I don't see how the NFL can do that, but I am hoping they just play it.  The line is only Browns +1.5 and I think they have a solid backup QB and maybe their team rises up and plays the Raiders tough.  No idea what to expect, but it is just more of the same in the craziness that is this NFL season.

I remember way back when i had that kind of blind faith in this team...before 30+ years of the same ole thing continued to happen and i finally realized 'it's always something', that keeps them from getting over the hump. Always--the most recent 2 weeks being glaring examples.

Anyway...good luck with that optimism.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It was Reggie Nelsons hair that was pulled by steelers coach Munchak. Pacman got the penalty reaching over an official going after Porter.

Porter should've never been on the field.. He should've been flagged, not Pacman... This topic is never gonna go away.. What a devastating loss.. Pacman still swears up and down, that AB winked and smiled...
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I remember way back when i had that kind of blind faith in this team...before 30+ years of the same ole thing continued to happen and i finally realized 'it's always something', that keeps them from getting over the hump. Always--the most recent 2 weeks being glaring examples.

Anyway...good luck with that optimism.

In a close game in the 4th qtr, I am always expecting g the worst. This team will do that to you. We all knew SF was scoring on that final drive, deep down...
Reply/Quote
casey keenum has covid now too
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 08:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: casey keenum has covid now too

Who's going to do America's Top 40 this week....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who's going to do America's Top 40 this week....

Nobody could do it like Casey.  A consummate professional.  

Reply/Quote