Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Division Race
Well the Chargers just Ass'd out....
Reply/Quote
No one can stop, MVP Mahomes. Not even MVP Herbert.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 02:11 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No one can stop, MVP Mahomes. Not even MVP Herbert.

I Still think Herbert is better.. Kelce did all the work tonight...
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 01:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. Be better if the Chargers were the wildcard, Bengals win the division and Bengals host the Chargers in the middle of January. 

Gonna be like Godfather 2... Better than the original.

The only difference being we never win at home this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Herbert is still a beast

KC did us a favor
Reply/Quote
The latest is the Browns may be up to 20 players down, including Mayfield, Keenum, their starting 2 safeties and their top 5 corners.
The league is now changing the rules to say you can play with one negative test and no symptoms. A) Players will lie about having symptoms, and B) I don't see how a rule change in the middle of the season is fair to teams who played without starters earlier in the season because they were required to have 2 negative tests 24 hours apart. Lots of people asking for it to be postponed, but so fat the league is standing by their position that teams were given extra practice squad players for this reason. If they play Saturday, it will be with a PS Quarterback.
Reply/Quote
The Browns are getting screwed because the vaccine doesn’t work. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not really sure what you mean by KC has less to play for.
They are only one game ahead of the Chargers for the division and the Chargers already beat them once, so they can't have the H2H tiebreaker.
The Chiefs are 3-1 in the division and Chargers are 2-1.
On top of that, Chiefs are tied with Patriots and Titans for first place in the AFC.

So I'm sure they're going to be focused on winning as much as possible to try to win the division and the AFC so that they get home-field advantage and a first-round bye.

I felt like KC would win their games leading up to the matchup with Cincy and have things sewn away thus having less to play for.   Started that way last night.  

The Chargers are likely going to be a playoff team, and so will the Bills.  I think there will only be one wildcard remaining after the Chargers and Bills, and it could just as easy go to the Colts.  There might only be one team coming out of the AFC North.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I remember way back when i had that kind of blind faith in this team...before 30+ years of the same ole thing continued to happen and i finally realized 'it's always something', that keeps them from getting over the hump. Always--the most recent 2 weeks being glaring examples.

Anyway...good luck with that optimism.

I get it, man, but I don't consider it blind faith.  Here's why:

Before the Chargers game, the Bengals went on the road and won by three scores at Vegas facing a team very much in the playoff hunt. 

The game after that, they absolutely MAULED the steelers, who had TJ Watt, sending the pig to the bacon factory for good.  

The Chargers game showed they could come back from a 24 point deficit and be in position to take the lead.  This, despite a sure TD by Chase that was bobbled in to an INT.  Then, as they were driving, Mixon gives the Chargers a bigger gift with a fumble that is returned for a TD.

The 49ers game showed the same comeback ability, forcing overtime against a team with a great pass rush that had built a two score lead on you as well.  Again, largely aided by two horrible fumbles by Phillips, that gave SF great field position (both times) after the defense had forced a punt (both times).  If Joe Burrow can bring them back from 24 points down against the Chargers and 14 down in the 4th quarter against the 49ers, then imagine what he will do if the team stops blowing holes in their own foot?

I see those 4 turnovers as anomalies, not the standard.  They will tighten things up and beat Denver.  They will come very close to locking up the division by beating Baltimore.  And then I believe they will upset the Chiefs and lock down the AFC North.  

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 09:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I felt like KC would win their games leading up to the matchup with Cincy and have things sewn away thus having less to play for.   Started that way last night.  

The Chargers are likely going to be a playoff team, and so will the Bills.  I think there will only be one wildcard remaining after the Chargers and Bills, and it could just as easy go to the Colts.  There might only be one team coming out of the AFC North.  

I still don't see it. They might end up having the division locked up, but they could still be tied with TN and/or NE after this week for top seed.
Pats have Colts this week then Bills the week after. They could go 2-0 in those games.
Titans have Steelers and 49ers. They also might be able to go 2-0.

Even if the Pats and Titans go 0-2 over the next two games and end up 2 games behind the Chiefs by the time the Chiefs play the Bengals, Chiefs may still not have the 1 seed locked up due to tiebreakers (Titans beat them, Pats beat Titans), and as such the Bengals game could be a clincher.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I get it, man, but I don't consider it blind faith.  Here's why:

Before the Chargers game, the Bengals went on the road and won by three scores at Vegas facing a team very much in the playoff hunt. 

The game after that, they absolutely MAULED the steelers, who had TJ Watt, sending the pig to the bacon factory for good.  

The Chargers game showed they could come back from a 24 point deficit and be in position to take the lead.  This, despite a sure TD by Chase that was bobbled in to an INT.  Then, as they were driving, Mixon gives the Chargers a bigger gift with a fumble that is returned for a TD.

The 49ers game showed the same comeback ability, forcing overtime against a team with a great pass rush that had built a two score lead on you as well.  Again, largely aided by two horrible fumbles by Phillips, that gave SF great field position (both times) after the defense had forced a punt (both times).  If Joe Burrow can bring them back from 24 points down against the Chargers and 14 down in the 4th quarter against the 49ers, then imagine what he will do if the team stops blowing holes in their own foot?

I see those 4 turnovers as anomalies, not the standard.  They will tighten things up and beat Denver.  They will come very close to locking up the division by beating Baltimore.  And then I believe they will upset the Chiefs and lock down the AFC North.  

Who Dey

This is where we differ, I guess.
You see their potential and believe in the best.
I see the inconsistency and don't believe they'll win against other teams with winning records.

I guess I'd rather assume the worst and be surprised with a win vs assuming the best and being let down.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I get it, man, but I don't consider it blind faith.  Here's why:

Who Dey

That vegas team was on a down swing after losing HC and #1 leading offensive weapon...   Not the same team that was winning those games earlier

another example of the Bengals catching the right team at the right time this year
Reply/Quote
Got to win the division or hope the Chargers fold down the stretch.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

Who Dey

Blind faith wasn't the right word for me to use. Misguided faith might be better. Everything you typed is what caused me to go over the edge. They win early in Pitt and Balt (some things they don't do often), played GB to the wire early. Then, when 1st place is on the line, late in the season, they play 2 winnable games at home and drop them both. Not really being out-played, but botching both games for one reason or the other...or several reasons actually. Those comebacks don't mean much to me when they fall short. It's always something with this team.

You see progress. I see the same ole thing. "IF" they wouldn't/would have only done...

I'm done with that shit. When this team actually starts to win games like the 2 they just played to get them in the division lead and they then go to and win a playoff game...maybe then i'll start to pay more attention again. Until then, i'm done with the "we're that close" narrative. Game after game, year after year, it's always "just that close...almost...if they fix...". Fix one thing, something else pops up to bite them. 

Nope. No faith or belief in this team whatsoever, until they actually do it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 09:15 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: The Browns are getting screwed because the vaccine doesn’t work. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to the Bengals.

Depends on your definition of "doesn't work."

Does it prevent someone from getting and spreading COVID, especially the latest variants? No.

Does it help reduce the chance to get and spread it? Yes.
Does it help greatly reduce the chance of someone getting severely ill? Yes.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 02:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends on your definition of "doesn't work."

Does it prevent someone from getting and spreading COVID, especially the latest variants? No.

Does it help reduce the chance to get and spread it? Yes.
Does it help greatly reduce the chance of someone getting severely ill? Yes.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html

The vaccine reduces spread yet there are record high COVID cases in the 94% vaccinated NFL. It reduces the risk of serious illness but COVID is still so dangerous that Awuzie and half the Browns roster may have to sit out. Look at the results. There’s no evidence that the vaccine has done any good for the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 02:51 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: The vaccine reduces spread yet there are record high COVID cases in the 94% vaccinated NFL. It reduces the risk of serious illness but COVID is still so dangerous that Awuzie and half the Browns roster may have to sit out. Look at the results. There’s no evidence that the vaccine has done any good for the NFL.

What do you mean the vaccine hasn't done any good for the NFL?
Do you hear about a lot of players who have contracted COVID becoming seriously ill?
It's been confirmed that most of the players testing positive for COVID are experiencing mild symptoms or are asymtomatic.

Also know that the vaccine wasn't made to handle the most recent variant(s), so it's not surprising that the vaccines are currently less effective against them.

I'm trying to understand what point you're trying to make - Do you believe that nobody should have wasted their time with the vaccines? Or do you mean that players should be permitted to play as long as they aren't seriously ill?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What do you mean the vaccine hasn't done any good for the NFL?
Do you hear about a lot of players who have contracted COVID becoming seriously ill?
It's been confirmed that most of the players testing positive for COVID are experiencing mild symptoms or are asymtomatic.

Also know that the vaccine wasn't made to handle the most recent variant(s), so it's not surprising that the vaccines are currently less effective against them.

I'm trying to understand what point you're trying to make - Do you believe that nobody should have wasted their time with the vaccines? Or do you mean that players should be permitted to play as long as they aren't seriously ill?

I didn’t hear about a lot of players being hospitalized from COVID last year either.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 03:27 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I didn’t hear about a lot of players being hospitalized from COVID last year either.

1) You didn't answer my question, although I assume from this you believe the vaccine is a waste.

2) There were no fans in most stadiums last year, and people were socially distancing more last year compared to this year. Also, Delta Variant and Omicron Variant (the two biggest variants to this point) were not around in the US last year. These new variants have been confirmed as more contagious than the original COVID-19, and at least with Delta, more severe compared to the original. It hasn't been identified yet whether Omicron will cause more severe illness compared to other variants or original COVID-19.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/delta-variant.html
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/omicron-variant.html

At this point, I'll quit engaging with you on this topic, as it seems like neither of us is willing to budge from our stance.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 03:27 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I didn’t hear about a lot of players being hospitalized from COVID last year either.

Bro, 90-95% of the people in the hospitals right now are unvaccinated. The governor was just on the radio and dropped this fact. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote