Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***(Divisional) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bills***
Romo not being able to Blow Josh Allen is the best part of this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:30 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would think 4 down territory from the Buffalo 40 on.
I think it's 4 down no matter what, Bengals burning 6 minutes a drive

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:30 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Why can’t they accept the penalty for a 1st down?

Only half the distance to the goal
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:31 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Why couldn’t they accept that penalty on the FG for a 1st down?

It was and goal. It would have still been 4th down...just closer.
Reply/Quote
Burrow hands off on the first play and it is a walk in TD for Mixon - sometimes we just get tempted in these situations into being too cute.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:31 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Why couldn’t they accept that penalty on the FG for a 1st down?

Goal to go and not an automatic first penalty.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Very very bad 1st down play there. At least we got the 3 pts but that was very odd.

Burrow should have given it to Mixon. 
Reply/Quote
I'm sure I missed it, but are they allowed to clear the field on a FG attempt? I thought I seen the league said they were going to start cracking down on that
Reply/Quote

Wouldn’t have been a first. 4th and goal and off-sides is not an automatic first
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:31 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Romo not being able to Blow Josh Allen is the best part of this game.

Well, there's still post game.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:31 PM)Bengal Billy Wrote: I'm with you,, Allen turnover incoming would be huge

Job 1, keep him in the pocket.  No long runs or break contains and launch it downfield.
Reply/Quote

Because it would be 4th and goal from the 2 1/2, instead of 4th and goal from the 5 where we scored 3 from.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:31 PM)matmaven Wrote: Agree, Mixon has been running like a beast.  Assume Joe pulled the ball on 1st down and to be fair the throw to Hurst was wide open.

The only poor Burrow series of the game. 
Reply/Quote
Up 3 scores against the "number 2" defense in the league and Tee is a one man Buffalo secondary wrecking crew..   ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

It was 4th and goal. No first down available.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
4 down defense for the rest of the game. Apple better strap up.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:31 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Romo not being able to Blow Josh Allen is the best part of this game.

I honestly think the Bills are just in a weak division. The afc north is tough even in down years.

The AFC east is weak.
Reply/Quote
They're decimated in the defensive backfield.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:30 PM)matmaven Wrote: Time for an Allen pick.

Agreed. It’s about time for him to do something dumb. I’ll go with fumble.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 07:31 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: If you'd of told me the Bengals would be up by 3 scores in the 4th, I'd of hit you with a shovel in order to get your brain set back right.

How we all feeling about that patchwork line now?

Still worried when we play a great pass rush, but we won’t see that until the Super Bowl. Think any D in the NFC that’s left will still be tough. Feeling a lot better about next week though. Great job by the backups and coaching staff this week.
Reply/Quote