Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Bengal players read this forum?
Surely this is the most widely read forum in Bengaldom. Does anyone know it Bengal players, or more importantly, if future free agents read this?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would say some do, or at least their family members.
Reply/Quote
I like my players to be mean and dumb... Illiterate dumb. Straight killers... So I hope they don't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Message boards are pretty outdated when it comes to most younger people. It’s all about Twitter, Instagram, etc for them.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 09:23 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Surely this is the most widely read forum in Bengaldom. Does anyone know it Bengal players, or more importantly, if future free agents read this?

If they do, it's purely for the comic relief..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
I do
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Message boards are pretty outdated when it comes to most younger people. It’s all about Twitter, Instagram, etc for them.

What I was going to say. I have been a member of several forums, on many different topics, including being on the administration of a pretty huge one. 5 hours and a just one single subforum was three pages long with new posts. Now, 10 threads down was last month. I'm most active on here as this is actually active. Can see new things, fluid discussions, etc. 

I have facebook that I hardly ever post on, just to see local things and have nothing else. If I was 20 years younger, I'd likely be an outcast without all the others. 

I would also think that many NFL players have grown up in the social media culture and may know that there is so much s*** posted all the time they shouldn't/can't take it all to serious. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Message boards are pretty outdated when it comes to most younger people. It’s all about Twitter, Instagram, etc for them.

(03-21-2021, 10:37 PM)Destro Wrote: What I was going to say. I have been a member of several forums, on many different topics, including being on the administration of a pretty huge one. 5 hours and a just one single subforum was three pages long with new posts. Now, 10 threads down was last month. I'm most active on here as this is actually active. Can see new things, fluid discussions, etc. 

I have facebook that I hardly ever post on, just to see local things and have nothing else. If I was 20 years younger, I'd likely be an outcast without all the others. 

I would also think that many NFL players have grown up in the social media culture and may know that there is so much s*** posted all the time they shouldn't/can't take it all to serious. 

Agree with both.

I think most players have better things to do then read a message board anyways. 

Think of how much of a distraction JuJu became with his social media presence, imagine how bad it would get if they were posting on a message board lol.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Family members do. Have talked to Michael Johnson's dad on here, Shayne Graham's sister on the old board, Burfict's
cousin and others I cannot remember that had players that didn't pan out. Never seen an authentic player myself.

There are also a lot of guys that seem to be family members that post on here pimping some young player that we all
think is a family member. I am sure they talk to the players about the positives or negatives. They do hear things.

Hobson or someone he knows copied my name I gave Gresham. I called him the Gresh and afterwards, about a year
later I heard him using the same term. Lots of people read this and the old forum though, who knows if players do?
Reply/Quote

Yup

I don't doubt one bit that players have looked at this and other forums. But I highly doubt it's a regular stop for them. 
Reply/Quote
Yes, and that's why AJ McCarron left. To get his wife away from all you filthy animals.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The most likely Bengal audience is the social media team, especially this new and improved one. It is their job to know what the fans are saying good, bad, and ugly.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

This is my thinking as well and thus no, they aren't reading the forum.

Edit: Does Elizabeth Blackburn read this forum? Hi Elizabeth, keep up the good work and send me a private message if you want to say "Hello."
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is my thinking as well and thus no, they aren't reading the forum.

Edit: Does Elizabeth Blackburn read this forum? Hi Elizabeth, keep up the good work and send me a private message if you want to say "Hello."

lol it was worth the shot.
Reply/Quote
Reading a forum is probably too much reading for most of them Big Grin.
Reply/Quote
Maybe if Bengalholic asks very nicely and everyone promises to behave themselves we can get Elizabeth to come here for a Q&A

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 10:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hobson or someone he knows copied my name I gave Gresham. I called him the Gresh and afterwards, about a year
later I heard him using the same term. Lots of people read this and the old forum though, who knows if players do?

I think calling Gresham "Gresh" is a pretty  natural and common thing.... like calling Hobson "Hobs"..... like calling Whitworth "Whit" or calling Lapham "Lap."  Now, if someone calls Clark Harris "He who shall not be called by name," then that's definitely someone who reads this board.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 01:31 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Well me and your mom read this forum late at night when you are sleeping

Not sure this is necessary. My mom died almost 40 years ago. Maybe this would be better served in the smack shack.
Reply/Quote
Yes. Some are even posters on the board.

Fredtoast = nick vigil and bobby hart's troll acct.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 11:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think calling Gresham "Gresh" is a pretty  natural and common thing.... like calling Hobson "Hobs"..... like calling Whitworth "Whit" or calling Lapham "Lap."  Now, if someone calls Clark Harris "He who shall not be called by name," then that's definitely someone who reads this board.

The Gresh, Sled, The Gresh. Mellow

Still, I call it. Mellow
Reply/Quote