Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Bengal Players/Coaches Think They Are A Championship Team?
If the Bengals players/coaching staff truly believe they are one of the top teams in the NFL, then they will go into New England this Sunday and win regardless who its against. When the Patriots take a beating(rarely ever do), what is their response? They usually come out the following week and absolutely lay a whupping on their next opponent.

The Bengals were absolutely humiliated last Sunday against a Cowboy team who was missing many of their starters on both sides of the field. Are they going to come out and show that this trend is ending and beat the Patriots, or will they follow the Marvin Lewis path and get their asses kicked two weeks in a row looking lost like a deer in the middle of the road with the headlights on them?

Here's my longtime Bengal feeling on which team will show up this coming Sunday:

[Image: deer.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 06:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: If the Bengals players/coaching staff truly believe they are one of the top teams in the NFL, then they will go into New England this Sunday and win regardless who its against. When the Patriots take a beating(rarely ever do), what is their response? They usually come out the following week and absolutely lay a whupping on their next opponent.

The Bengals were absolutely humiliated last Sunday against a Cowboy team who was missing many of their starters on both sides of the field. Are they going to come out and show that this trend is ending and beat the Patriots, or will they follow the Marvin Lewis path and get their asses kicked two weeks in a row looking lost like a deer in the middle of the road with the headlights on them?

Here's my longtime Bengal feeling on which team will show up this coming Sunday:

I'm going with option B.. Getting their asses kicked two weeks in a row.   

And after the game : 

[Image: get-well-soon-balloon-dead-deer.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 06:18 PM)GodFather Wrote:  When the Patriots take a beating(rarely ever do), what is their response? 

Last year Pats lost 2 in a row with home field advantage in the playoffs on the line.
Reply/Quote
& last year the Bengals went 8-0 and looked like SB contender

How are any of these points relevant to this year?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 07:44 PM)Whacked Wrote: & last year the Bengals went 8-0 and looked like SB contender

How are any of these points relevant to this year?

What is your point?

All I was doing was pointing out that the OP was wrong.  That is how message boards work.  When one person posts something that is not true another person corrects him.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last year Pats lost 2 in a row with home field advantage in the playoffs on the line.

How can you lose two home games in the playoffs ? Lol I feel the op is right, patriots usually don't lose two in a row, especially get blown out twice. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 08:18 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  Lol I feel the op is right, 

Facts are more important than feelings.

Pats lost 2 in a row twice last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 08:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Facts are more important than feelings.

Pats lost 2 in a row twice last year.

So you're telling me they've hit their home loss quota for the decade and we're doomed?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 08:18 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: How can you lose two home games in the playoffs ? Lol I feel the op is right, patriots usually don't lose two in a row, especially get blown out twice. 
They lost two in a row when they were shooting for the number 1 seed... Not in the playoffs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Three out of the last 6 NFL champions have had a game were they lost a game by 20 points. The Airizona Cardinals lost 4 games by at least 20 points in 2008 and went to the Superbowl in 2008. Point blank one bad loss does not doom your season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This game will test their pride.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Eh... The doom and gloom was fun for a couple of days, but I'm over it now.

They're goin' up to Foxboro, and they gonna beat beat dat ass...

Oh yeah... **** Zimmer, Hue, And Gruden.... Both of them. #marvin4ever
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last year Pats lost 2 in a row with home field advantage in the playoffs on the line.

They didn't get humiliated, I said take a beating like the Bengals did last Sunday. They lost two in a row...ok but they also only lost 4 games all year. Bengals already lost three and were not even half way through the season. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 09:13 PM)jason Wrote: Eh... The doom and gloom was fun for a couple of days, but I'm over it now.

They're goin' up to Foxboro, and they gonna beat beat dat ass...

Oh yeah... **** Zimmer, Hue, And Gruden.... Both of them. #marvin4ever

[Image: giphy.gif]

PS- You also said you weren't worried at all about the offensive line and everyone was overreacting....your decision making is suspect!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 09:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: They didn't get humiliated, I said take a beating like the Bengals did last Sunday.

The jets rolled the Pats.  They outgained them 428-284 and had more first downs 24-16.  
Reply/Quote

And somehow, this Patriots team, with whom you are equating to the Cincinnati Bengals, earned a playoff bye last year and won another playoff game.  Marvin's Bengals, once again, shit their pants in last year's playoffs in a horribly-coached kind of way.

The Bengals, for all too many reasons, lack the Patriots' winning qualities.  But, thankfully, the Bengals don't cheat, but they also don't bother to challenge potential Tyler Kroft touchdowns. Ho-hum.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 06:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: If the Bengals players/coaching staff truly believe they are one of the top teams in the NFL, then they will go into New England this Sunday and win regardless who its against. When the Patriots take a beating(rarely ever do), what is their response? They usually come out the following week and absolutely lay a whupping on their next opponent.

I'd want to come out and pressure them. Balls to the wall, ears pinned back, shooting all barrels. But that's just me. 

If they come out passive or playing it safe (otherwise known as Marvball), they're going to get their asses whupped again. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:25 PM)tlotharw Wrote: And somehow, this Patriots team, with whom you are equating to the Cincinnati Bengals, earned a playoff bye last year and won another playoff game.  

Yes.  That is exactly the point I was making.  Losing 2 in a row does not mean the team sucks and can't recover.

Thanks for backing me on this.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, I have to agree 100%. Marv, Zampese and Gunther combined aren't an intellectual match for Belichick.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 09:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The jets rolled the Pats.  They outgained them 428-284 and had more first downs 24-16.  

Man your arguments are weak, Jets won in overtime 20-26. They were 12-2 at the time until that loss.

So lets look last week and the Bengals were down 21-0 because they couldn't keep a Cowboys team from scoring even if they wanted too. 

Now lets take your weak argument further. The Bengals are 2-3 and  beat two 1-4 teams who are horrible this year. Every defense the Bengals played thus far made their front line look like pro bowlers. This team hasn't looked good at all and to insulate that the Pats play as poorly as the Bengals have is a joke. 

FYI- the most the Pats lost by in a game last season was by 7 points. So the Pats were rolled by nobody.

the only thing thats being rolled are the joints your smoking..
Reply/Quote