Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do The Bengal Players/Coaches Think They Are A Championship Team?
(10-14-2016, 06:56 PM)jason Wrote: Just trying to foster some positivity around here. I'm down on them too, but I have a hard time imagining them laying another egg this week. They haven't looked good all year. I thought the first game was an anomaly, but it's been a trend. There's no better week than this one to show some professional pride though.

Wish I could join you....but Mediocre Marv and His Merry Band of Tenured Bums are more than capable of laying out another shitburger Sunday....especially considering the adversary.  I'm not sure there is any pride with this bunch.  Frankly....they disgust me.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: For the love of all that is Holy.....why did you subject us to that smiley? LMAO

I couldn't resist. :giggle:
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 06:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think the OP was just making the point that he considers this a statement game, and he's saying the Bengals need to respond. At least that's what I took away from it. 

As for what the Patriots did or didn't do...it's a silly comparison because the Patriots have proven for many years that they know how to deal with and overcome adversity, and still go on to win playoff games and Super Bowls. 

That's what I took from it.

We'll see who shows up on Sunday.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 07:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wish I could join you....but Mediocre Marv and His Merry Band of Tenured Bums are more than capable of laying out another shitburger Sunday....especially considering the adversary.  I'm not sure there is any pride with this bunch.  Frankly....they disgust me.

I think maybe your disgust is misdirected.  Marvin has the personality he has and does the best he knows how to do with that personality.  We can't expect Marvin Lewis to wake up tomorrow with a personality of a Mike Zimmer.

The one you should be disgusted at, if you ARE disgusted, is Mike Brown.  The same man who fired Sam Wyche, and segued the franchise into the 90s debacle!  Wink

That ego related mistake was equally as colossal as his father's egomaniac decision to choose Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh when he stepped down as HC!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 07:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think maybe your disgust is misdirected.  Marvin has the personality he has and does the best he knows how to do with that personality.  We can't expect Marvin Lewis to wake up tomorrow with a personality of a Mike Zimmer.

The one you should be disgusted at, if you ARE disgusted, is Mike Brown.  The same man who fired Sam Wyche, and segued the franchise into the 90s debacle!  Wink

That ego related mistake was equally as colossal as his father's egomaniac decision to choose Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh when he stepped down as HC!

Oh....trust me.....I've been disgusted with Son of Paul for DECADES.....Wyche was my all time fave....but the disgust goes deeper than that.  I've posted so many times about it....most everyone here knows my thoughts on Mike Clown very well....lol.  

What disgusts me even more is poor coaching and no fire from the team.  It's pathetic.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 06:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think the OP was just making the point that he considers this a statement game, and he's saying the Bengals need to respond. At least that's what I took away from it. 

As for what the Patriots did or didn't do...it's a silly comparison because the Patriots have proven for many years that they know how to deal with and overcome adversity, and still go on to win playoff games and Super Bowls. 

^
This
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:50 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe this is  a pivotal game.

If Bengals get blown out then think it is over and they have quit.

If they find a way to win or come close to it ? Then believe there is still hope.

But if that smack in the face loss does not get their attention in the form of motivation then they never stood a chance this year anyway.

One would think the sad/stupid loss to Pitt in last year's playoff game would have kick-started this team to come out smoking... Sick Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 07:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh....trust me.....I've been disgusted with Son of Paul for DECADES.....Wyche was my all time fave....but the disgust goes deeper than that.  I've posted so many times about it....most everyone here knows my thoughts on Mike Clown very well....lol.  

What disgusts me even more is poor coaching and no fire from the team.  It's pathetic.

Seriously, you're a Sam Wyche fan?  Who knew?? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 10:15 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Seriously, you're a Sam Wyche fan?  Who knew?? Hilarious

What gave it away? 

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 11:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: What gave it away? 

You always trying to hang up a curtain every time I shower.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 06:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: If the Bengals players/coaching staff truly believe they are one of the top teams in the NFL, then they will go into New England this Sunday and win regardless who its against. When the Patriots take a beating(rarely ever do), what is their response? They usually come out the following week and absolutely lay a whupping on their next opponent.

The Bengals were absolutely humiliated last Sunday against a Cowboy team who was missing many of their starters on both sides of the field. Are they going to come out and show that this trend is ending and beat the Patriots, or will they follow the Marvin Lewis path and get their asses kicked two weeks in a row looking lost like a deer in the middle of the road with the headlights on them?

Here's my longtime Bengal feeling on which team will show up this coming Sunday:

[Image: deer.jpg]
[Image: dark%20and%20storm.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CAC...6211940196]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote