Poll: Should The Bengals Pursue Marshall At WR?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do We Go After Brandon Marshall?
The thread says "do", the poll says "should".

Do = No
Should = Yes

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think they will try to get lucky with a 5th round draft pick at WR similar to Marvin Jones. If they're lucky enough to draft a good WR in the 5th round, five years from now when the fail to re-sign their own they'll tell us he wanted to go someplace else to be a #1.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 10:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was cut so that increases the odds. Plus, he's an aging veteran. I see him as kind of like a TO-type player that I think some teams will stay away from.

I actually could see us at least kicking the tires.
Marshall would likely kick the tires himself! Sick
Reply/Quote
Word is that the Jets may release Decker, too. He'd also be a good pickup.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown doing something to help the team win now ? That would blow up the building for the future premise we operate on.

Plus it would cost money, Mikey doesn't spend his pocket errr rollover money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/brandon-marshall-3182/market-value/

I don't see this as being a totally unreasonable number for Marshall and while I don't see him as a number one at this age I do see him as being a better #2 than LaFell who comes with a similar price tag.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Honestly why would we? He's not even that good anymore
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 10:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was cut so that increases the odds. Plus, he's an aging veteran. I see him as kind of like a TO-type player that I think some teams will stay away from.

I actually could see us at least kicking the tires.

I feel the same way as Pistons.

I don't really care for the guy now but i wanted him back in the day when he was a big time FA.

I actually think he could help us more than TO did and i don't find him to be near as big of a knucklhead.

I wouldn't be against it.
Reply/Quote
Weapons are useless when your QB is laying flat on his back. This line is a disaster, and Marshall would get really pissy playing second fiddle to AJ plus not getting the ball enough since Dalton would be running for his life.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 06:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, that was pretty awful the way TO came here and scored 9 TDs.

Anyways, can we have a do-over where the title and the poll ask the same question?

DO WE - no

SHOULD WE - yes

(03-03-2017, 06:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The thread says "do", the poll says "should".

Do = No
Should = Yes

Ha !  I just noticed....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
nope.

We need a line. A#1 focus

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 01:35 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: nope.

We need a line. A#1 focus

We have 11 picks and 43 million is cap room. We should be able to bring back Whit and Z, fix the o-line with new pieces, and add a few other difference makers.

Food for thought: Spotrac is predicting a value of $4.9m per year for Marshall and $6.6m per year for LaFell.

Marshall is better and should also be cheaper.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 01:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We have 11 picks and 43 million is cap room. We should be able to bring back Whit and Z, fix the o-line with new pieces, and add a few other difference makers.

Food for thought: Spotrac is predicting a value of $4.9m per year for Marshall and $6.6m per year for LaFell.

We should....but it's the Bengals...and Westerman is already getting hyped since paying Zeitler to stay makes too much sense...

Just a piss poor move by the FO to let him walk away, burn a first round pick on a guard, develop him, watch him get better each and every year...then, let him walk. Winning formula there.  Whatever

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 01:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We have 11 picks and 43 million is cap room. We should be able to bring back Whit and Z, fix the o-line with new pieces, and add a few other difference makers.

Granted i have been away for a few days but I thought we only had 15 mil? 11 picks looks good but the Bengals have been striking out a lot lately. We shouldn't be worrying about having to resign Whit. The "plan" was we drafted his replacement 2 years ago. Yet here were are. Z should be the guy we are going after but for some strange reason i feel he wants out of here. (vibe not supported by fact). But yeah, if we can get him for cheaper than LaFell you have to at least consider it even though I was happy with LaFells improvement as the season wore on. TBH though Shake, I am of the opinion we are in a mini rebuild and we must plan accordingly. AKA build the lines.

Reply/Quote
Last time we signed a big name aging HoF diva WR our QB retired and we required a massive rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 04:08 AM)GodFather Wrote: With the Jets releasing WR Marshall, do we go after him to compliment the WR Corps? If we did pick him up we would have one hell of a threat with AJ, Eifert, Boyd and Marshall.

LaFell had a better season than Marshall.  I would like to see LaFell back.  If they don't keep LaFell, then Marshall makes no sense. It will be Green, Boyd, Core, Erickson, Wright and who knows in the draft and I may be leaving out somebody on team. I feel I am.  If they don't resign LaFell, going after Marshall who had an off season and may have seen his best years makes no sense. Still there will be Cincy Fans who got excited over adding TO to Ocho, and what a joy that was, a 4 win season.  If Marshall was still elite Jets would not release him. He had a very off season in 2016. We are going to have so many huge weaknesses at O Line and Defense to address, these talks of Marshall or drafting the LSU RB make no sense. We need to get the sandbags out and plug all the holes coming up at O line and Defense. If we had to play tomorrow, we could not man up in the trenches against the worst team in the NFL, but that can be fixed before September.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 06:25 AM)kevin Wrote: LaFell had a better season than Marshall.  I would like to see LaFell back.  If they don't keep LaFell, then Marshall makes no sense. It will be Green, Boyd, Core, Erickson, Wright and who knows in the draft and I may be leaving out somebody on team. I feel I am.  If they don't resign LaFell, going after Marshall who had an off season and may have seen his best years makes no sense. Still there will be Cincy Fans who got excited over adding TO to Ocho, and what a joy that was, a 4 win season.  If Marshall was still elite Jets would not release him. He had a very off season in 2016.   We are going to have so many huge weaknesses at O Line and Defense to address, these talks of Marshall or drafting the LSU RB make no sense. We need to get the sandbags out and plug all the holes coming up at O line and Defense. If we had to play tomorrow, we could not man up in the trenches against the worst team in the NFL, but that can be fixed before September.

I agree about fixing our weaknesses first....couldn't agree more.....but to be fair to Marshall...Fitzy was shit for the Jets.  I don't think you can blame Brandon for those numbers. Jets QB play was horrible.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I wish we would, would be amazing teaming him up with AJ Green.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 06:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The thread says "do", the poll says "should".

Do = No
Should = Yes

ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
No.

If Andy Dalton has no time to throw, it doesn't matter who his wide receivers are. Address the offensive line first...
Reply/Quote