Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do We Need More Mixon?
I was upset that we didn't use Mixon more early, especially with how much they were blitzing and how often Burrow was getting him.

Mixon's a playmaker, but he also can help neutralize the pass rush and keep them in check, especially with our line struggling to protect Burrow.

I'm not saying that we need to come out and run the ball into the dirt, but we only ran him once on the first drive twice the second drive, and none the third drive.

We won, but Burrow got killed. We need to establish the run game, especially with runners like Mixon and then also Perine.

It will get cold in Cincinnati, making it harder to throw, and we'll also need to control the game more when there other team's offense is clicking better than the Ravens were today.

Think Taylor sees it or am I wrong?
Reply/Quote
The Ravens were much more effective stopping the run than stopping the passing game. Go with what is proving to be effective.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I liked how we finished off the game with running over their defense.. great job
Reply/Quote
The Ravens are something like the 3rd ranked running defense and the 25th ranked passing defense.

They probably could have established the running game a little bit early on but even in pass sets, Mixon wasn't reliably gaining yards and, with how explosive the Ravens offense is, I understand why the team would prioritize the passing game this week.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
In general I am in favor of running the ball more, but I don't think it would have made much difference with our pass protection today. Ravens just have a good pass rush.
Reply/Quote
We were getting stuffed early in the run. They weren’t stopping the pass. Go with what’s working.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I liked how we finished off the game with running over their defense.. great job

Yeah. Mixon, the line, and Perine got it done when it mattered, but I see no reason to force it to them early.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:24 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We were getting stuffed early in the run. They weren’t stopping the pass. Go with what’s working.

Yes, I like this. They saw and kept going with what's working, not stupid shit like moving on to something else because they believe the other team will find a way to stop it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Burrow threw it 38 times and we look like a SB team. The path is clear.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was upset that we didn't use Mixon more early, especially with how much they were blitzing and how often Burrow was getting him.

Mixon's a playmaker, but he also can help neutralize the pass rush and keep them in check, especially with our line struggling to protect Burrow.  

I'm not saying that we need to come out and run the ball into the dirt, but we only ran him once on the first drive twice the second drive, and none the third drive.

We won, but Burrow got killed. We need to establish the run game, especially with runners like Mixon and then also Perine.

It will get cold in Cincinnati, making it harder to throw, and we'll also need to control the game more when there other team's offense is clicking better than the Ravens were today.

Line looked awful the first quarter, but I feel like the settled down by the 2nd qtr.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow threw it 38 times and we look like a SB team.  The path is clear.

We have a losing record with him throwing over 35.. the path is never the same.. just depends on the defense, how are we blocking plays made and play calling
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was upset that we didn't use Mixon more early, especially with how much they were blitzing and how often Burrow was getting him.

It think it was perfect.  The Bengals had to survive an initial onslaught of pass rush and Burrow took a lot of shots (that would be flags for Brady) but he stayed tough and delivered the ball on target.  Those early drops probably pissed him off, but he kept his composure.  

The wore down that line, and you saw it at the end of the game.  

There will be games where teams are all back to prevent big plays and have suspect lines where Joe will eat a lot.  And other times, he is more of an ancillary role.  

It's all about matchups, my friend, and they delivered against a division foe, on their road, that previously had their number.  
Reply/Quote
Running on the Ravens is like running on the Bengals. It's difficult. They used Joe just enough to keep the linebackers honest, and that was fine.
Reply/Quote
Generally I like to see more Mixon. I guess we simply just must not be able to run any screens since ZT never calls it to neutralize a blitz. That said today aside from the first quarter Burrow looked very comfortable and the line did a great job particularly in the second half.
Reply/Quote

We just cannot take you seriously. The Bengals blow out a Super Bowl-contending team in their stadium and you still think you're a better pkaycaller than the coaches? Maybe stick to second-guessing your local peewee football team coaches. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow threw it 38 times and we look like a SB team. The path is clear.

(10-24-2021, 06:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have a losing record with him throwing over 35.. the path is never the same.. just depends on the defense, how are we blocking plays made and play calling

The Ravens are THE exception. The Baltimore defense is 3rd against the run but 25th against the pass. Against the Jets next week I expect the Bengals to go run-heavy.
Reply/Quote
Weren’t we just talking about Mixon getting too many carries?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Since this thread involves the rushing attack, did anyone see Carman on Perine’s TD run? He shoved his guy back 10 yards and finished him off with a pancake. What an absolute thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:27 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: We just cannot take you seriously. The Bengals blow out a Super Bowl-contending team in their stadium and you still think you're a better pkaycaller than the coaches? Maybe stick to second-guessing your local peewee football team coaches. 

Cannot take me seriously.........  so you enjoy watching Burrow get killed and you're ok with not trying to keep the pass rush in check by running the ball?

GTFOH.
Reply/Quote
It’s a chess match. You take advantage of the opportunities that are presented. A great job of doing just that today.
Reply/Quote