Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Patronize Your Local Record Store?
Simple question: do you shop at your local record store? Do you have one in your area?

I love going to them. If I'm on a trip and I have some downtime I'll see if there's a shop nearby. I don't like buying digital music; I like having a physical copy of stuff, so I buy most of my music today on vinyl.  I'll get stuff off Amazon, or directly form the labels if my shop doesn't have something, but I much prefer to go brick and mortar. Supporting local businesses and getting the music I need (ok.....'want')? Win/Win.

So if you have  place you go to, let's hear about it.  Maybe someone is looking for a good shop and they'll see on here.

My shop in Indy is Luna Music. It's the best shop in town and they get all the exclusive, rare, hard to get stuff that I want.

When I lived in the Cincy area my shop was Shake It Records. This is a great shop.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 09:10 AM)Donnyho Wrote:  I'll get stuff off Amazon
This is the only thing I understood.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Shake It is a good store. Phil's in NKY was good too. Is it still there?

I am fortunate here to live near (one of if not) the biggest record store in the country, Bananas. I have heard it is the biggest. http://www.musicfinder.com/about.html

I am not a vinyl guy, but I have shopped there and at two other record stores within two miles of that store. Again, I am lucky to live here. The OP may want to make a pilgrimage just to check out the record stores here. Oh, and the sun and the beaches, too.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
We used to have a store called Recordsmith that was killer. We still have a Hasting's though, and I go there quite regularly.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I get most of my records from the flea market by the Warren County Prison.... In Dayton there isn't much to speak of anymore I guess.  Omega Records in the Oregon Dist. is ok...  2nd and Charles...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I buy very little music anymore. When I do it is usually something obscure that would be hard to find at a record store. So I just find it online.

When I was much younger and bought a lot of music I spent a lot of time at used record (CD) stores just browsing around to see what i could find.
Reply/Quote
When we moved into the house we live in now, the previous owner had left behind a big stack of LP's in the garage. They were in great shape, and some were classic albums. (Beatles, Led Zepplin, Elvis...) But we have no record shop around here, so I sold them to a friend of a friend for $50.00. I've always wondered what they would have been worth because the guy had this look on his face like he was stealing.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Shake It Records in Northside has been by go-to spot since my mom started letting me take the metro out of the suburbs and toward the city. I've given that company thousands of dollars....easily. They also sell kidrobot, so that's a pretty decent bonus.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
We used to have a place here called Town & Campus. They sold vinyl and also CDs and they always carried the more indie/underground stuff and the local flavors as well. If you were a punk rock kid this was especially your place to go, but Deadheads and other hippy variants loved it, and so did the rap aficionados. It was a great store that had a little of everything and a great atmosphere. It is now a convenience store,w hich is cool and all, but I miss the old record store from my youth.
Reply/Quote
I patronize anyone who plays records.

Its 2015. You people are holding us back from jetpacks and robobutlers.
Reply/Quote