Poll: Do you watch the Bengals on Sunday's even when their season is tanking?
Yes, i watch them no matter how bad they are playing
No, I actually do something else on Sundays
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Still Watch The Bengals On Sunday's?
When the Bengals team are tanking like this season do you still spend your Sunday's at home watching the game or do you surprise your family and friends and actually do something other than watch the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
You forgot to include option C, I passively watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I usually watch parts of the game. I like football even though I might not call it that for the Bengals this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
As the saying goes, " I don't have a dog in the race" so i don't really watch much football anymore to be honest. I find the whole NFL to be a shadow of itself anyway. Just not as entertaining as it used to be. As for the Bengals well i decided before this season to cancel my season's tickets as it was getting harder and harder to sell them....without losing money on them. That's been the trend for the past few years so i know that overall interest has waned on them. It's just to hard to find the time to care, especially when you see HOW the team is run and by whom!
Reply/Quote
Still attend home games and suffer through watching road games if not working.

Yes, I am sick.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We are a football family so yes, we watch college on Saturday and Bengals and Eagles on Sunday. We don't plan our day around the games, but if we ARE home we do have the games on, in the background, at the very least.
Reply/Quote
Yes, I still watch the Bengals.

This is the first time in my adult life (turned 18 in 2010) where I'm waatching the Bengals knowing full and well they're not going to the postseason.

To be honest, i'm kind of relieved. I had a feeling the season was going to tank after the Denver game.

Since the Denver game though, i've noticed that I see a lot more positives every game since (net the Cowboys) than negatives. I'm more likely to notice the good performing players and improvements on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
Not a bandwagon fan, so yes, I watch whether they are playing great or like crap.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, yes. Every Sunday. I also like to gamble and play DFS so most of my interest is elsewhere around the league.
Reply/Quote
I watch them everyweek. Weeks like Dallas it's ok to stop watching early in the 4th quarter.
Reply/Quote
Yes I still watch it's just less exciting :)
Reply/Quote
Yes. I talk a lot of crap about Marvin Lewis and say a lot of things in anger but I always pay close attention to the games no matter what.
Reply/Quote
Passivly watch

Cavs were on same time Bengals today so yeah, I definitely didn't watch this trash
Reply/Quote
Always have and always will. That won't change until I die.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not a bandwagon fan, so yes, I watch whether they are playing great or like crap.

Bro there is so many reasons why it is literally impossible to be a bandwagon Bengals fan

Don't even use that term with us

Bengals should be thanking god that they even have fans left after all that they've done to us

Screw what the media says, Bengal fans are the best fans in football.
Reply/Quote
I actively watch - I bought Sunday Ticket for that reason. After the Pittsburgh Playoff debacle I shouldn't haven't even bothered renewing it this year. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
Reply/Quote
I agree that I don't think the Bengals could ever be mistaken for a franchise with bandwagon fans. On the other hand, Cincinnati sports fans tend to be very fairweather as a whole. If the teams win, they care. If they don't win, the fans don't care.
Reply/Quote
Yep, will even watch them in person next Sunday. Tickets are bought, going to go and try and have a good time, despite their play and what may very well be a loss.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:23 PM)Housh Wrote: Bro there is so many reasons why it is literally impossible to be a bandwagon Bengals fan

Don't even use that term with us

Bengals should be thanking god that they even have fans left after all that they've done to us

Screw what the media says, Bengal fans are the best fans in football.

Tell me about it.

You can either choose winners who lose terribly, or losers who do as expected.

Which would you rather have?

Shitty none the less.  It just depends on what you consider to be "entertainment".

The options of being a Bengals fan.  There you have them.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:24 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I agree that I don't think the Bengals could ever be mistaken for a franchise with bandwagon fans. On the other hand, Cincinnati sports fans tend to be very fairweather as a whole. If the teams win, they care. If they don't win, the fans don't care.

Those fairweather ones that don't care rarely know who plays on the the team except the stars.

At least that is my experience.

They don't invest in knowing the team but for W/L column and small media snippets.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote