Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do the Bengals Stay Put or Trade Down?
Bengals are 9th. Cleveland has their second first round pick 12th. I could see Lewis helping out his buddy Hue to jump in front of the Bills to draft a QB like Watson. The Player the Bengals want may be there at 12th spot.I was looking at the value chart and going from 9th to 12th is 150.

The Bengals could trade 9th and 41st picks to the Browns for their 12th, 33rd, and a 5th rounder. I know the Bengals do not usually break tradition but it could happen.

If this scenario were to take place, who would you take in the 2017 draft at those picks?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The way Hobson keeps mentioning trading down i think they want to. But I doubt they would trade with anyone in the division unless it was heavily weighted in our favor.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 05:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals are 9th.  Cleveland has their second first round pick 12th.  I could see Lewis helping out his buddy Hue to jump in front of the Bills to draft a QB like Watson.  The Player the Bengals want may be there at 12th spot.I was looking at the value chart and going from 9th to 12th is 150.

The Bengals could trade 9th and 41st picks to the Browns for their 12th, 33rd, and a 5th rounder.  I know the Bengals do not usually break tradition but it could happen.  

If this scenario were to take place, who would you take in the 2017 draft at those picks?

So, we move down three spots in 1 to move up 8 spots in 2 and get an extra 5th that will have a hard time making the roster so a division rival can draft what they believe is a franchise QB?
Reply/Quote
I truly think that we have our eye on 6 players. Thomas DE, Charlton DE, Williams WR, Davis WR, McDowell DE/DT, and Barnette DE.

depending on the trade back offer, If its still top 15 I say pull the trigger, if not then no, we have enough picks in the 4th that someone will fall. now concerning the Browns pick then yes I do that trade all day.

Imagine our top 5 round draft as this:

1) (12) from Cleveland- Malik McDowell-DE/DT Michigan St.
2) (33) From Cleveland- Jarrad Davis ILB Florida
3) Taylor Moton-OG/OT Western Michigan
4) Daeshon Hall- DE Texas A&M
4) Chidobe Awozie- CB Colorado
4) ZAy Jones -WR East Carolina
5) John Conner RB Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 08:29 PM)schroomytunes1 Wrote: I truly think that we have our eye on 6 players. Thomas DE, Charlton DE, Williams WR, Davis WR, McDowell DE/DT, and Barnette DE.

depending on the trade back offer, If its still top 15 I say pull the trigger, if not then no, we have enough picks in the 4th that someone will fall. now concerning the Browns pick then yes I do that trade all day.

I like it but no way Jones lasts until 4th. He firmly supplanted himself in the July Smith Schuster second round we type. 
Reply/Quote
We have too many draft pics. Move up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 05:40 AM)Storer50 Wrote: We have too many draft pics. Move up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm thinking if they were to make a trade with the Browns which they probably won't because they are divisional rivalries but if they made a trade similar they can package the mid-round picks with a second router and maybe new back up into the first round.

If they were to trade AJ McCarron the team may have an extra 2 or 3rd rounder to package.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 08:29 PM)schroomytunes1 Wrote: I truly think that we have our eye on 6 players. Thomas DE, Charlton DE, Williams WR, Davis WR, McDowell DE/DT, and Barnette DE.

That would be a pretty good draft
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 05:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
The Bengals could trade 9th and 41st picks to the Browns for their 12th, 33rd, and a 5th rounder.  I know the Bengals do not usually break tradition but it could happen.  

This makes no sense.  We don't need to give up a second round pick in order to get a 5th rounder when we are already projected to have 11 picks.

I'd have to look at the chart, but I'd say the Browns would have to give up that #18 pick in the second round (50th) to move up from 12 to 9 in the first.  That way we get an extra 2nd round pick instead of just moving up a few spots.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This makes no sense.  We don't need to give up a second round pick in order to get a 5th rounder when we are already projected to have 11 picks.

I'd have to look at the chart, but I'd say the Browns would have to give up that #18 pick in the second round (50th) to move up from 12 to 9 in the first.  That way we get an extra 2nd round pick instead of just moving up a few spots.

The chart said 150 value.  So basically you are saying the Bengals would keep their Second (41st pick) and get the browns 50th pick?  That would be great.

I don't think Mike Brown would do it given his history with the Browns, and like someone said earlier, giving the Browns a legitimate shot at a QB may not be prudent.. WTS, I would certainly benefit both teams. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Trading down to get McDowell or Charlton wouldn't be a bad idea, but it would mean leaving some elite talent behind. Fournette is still my guy at 9.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
We trade down and get two guys who don't see the field for 3-4 years as opposed to one guy who doesn't see the field for 2-3 years (typically the higher the pick, the faster they get on the field).

My hope is we stay put and take a guy legitimately top 10, as opposed to blowing another pick on "well, he'd have been #1 overall if he hadn't [insert off field issue/injury]" or an area where we keep throwing picks and hoping something sticks. Go over to McShay or Count Draftula and say "Hey, we were really hammered during the first few rounds of the last few drafts. We got lazy with how successful we had been drafting that we just started randomly guessing. Seriosuly, last year Marvin just made the first round pick because he wanted to hear Goodell try to pronounce it. Funny stuff. Anyway. Could you guys spot us a couple recommendations so we don't completely have to write off another season?"
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind trading down and getting Solomon Thomas, Taco or McDowell. Pass rusher is what i want the most in
the first and if we can still get one by adding some picks for later trading up i am all for it.

Then trade up in the 2nd and get the best Center, RB or Linebacker.
Reply/Quote
Only way I see it happening is if their two main guys aren't there.

Also, I understand Hue and Marvin are buddies, but you don't trade within your division. It very rarely happens.

However, if they want to give a 2nd rounder for McCarron I take that every day.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin has already said that it'lll be hard for 11 picks to make the 53. I don't see us trading down and acquiring more rookies who will have hard time making the 53.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 05:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Marvin has already said that it'lll be hard for 11 picks to make the 53. I don't see us trading down and acquiring more rookies who will have hard time making the 53.

I know that we are talking about the Cincinnati Bengals here but they can always package draft picks and move back up in the draft.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know that we are talking about the Cincinnati Bengals here but they can always package draft picks and move back up in the draft.

True, the Bengals have tried to trade up in 2010, 2011, and 2016, but deals fell through. They succeeded in 2014 and that landed us Bodine.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: True, the Bengals have tried to trade up in 2010, 2011, and 2016, but deals fell through. They succeeded in 2014 and that landed us Bodine.

Gaah
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Gaah

Yeah.

The 2010 trade was in the 2nd round and we were trying to get Taylor Mays. 2011 was to trade up into the late 1st round with the Packers to get Dalton. 2016 we tried to trade up and get Will Fuller.
Reply/Quote
Depending on far down and what we get to trade down I absolutely would do it. If foster, Thomas, Charlton and Barnett are all there at 9 and Arizona wants to move up and gives a 3rd or a second and we give something back I'd do Ina heartbeat.
Reply/Quote