Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do we pass up drafting a QB in this years draft?
In this years draft I don't think we should pass up drafting a QB. Wyoming's Josh Allen has a skill set different from any qb in this draft. He has GREAT pocket awareness. Something Andy lacks. He also has a cannon arm and isn't afraid to trust his receivers, he's a gunslinger, unlike Andy. This could be our future QB that we should not pass up. We need to groom someone now behind Andy and let Andy start until he loses the job. We should draft Allen in the late first or 2nd. To me he looks like a mix between Ben Roethlisberger, and Phillip River with Brett Favres arm. Very fun to watch. Out of all QB's Allen has caught my eye the most. This guy would get us over the hump in the playoffs. He's a winner and talks to his teammates. I would actually take this guy with our top 10 pick if he is ranked that high in the draft..If we are taking a lineman in the 1st Round it had better be Orlando Brown if anyone. Orlando is a good tackle but not a great one, but he would be our best option if we took a lineman. I would not pass up on Allen he looks like a franchise QB that we can be forsure about.

https://youtu.be/QTuKHNz9vbA
Reply/Quote
we passed on Desean Watson who was absolutely bad ass. lets not do that again. we need a play maker. we can all agree Daltons not that
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:35 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: In this years draft I don't think we should pass up drafting a QB. Wyoming's Josh Allen has a skill set different from any qb in this draft. He has GREAT pocket awareness. Something Andy lacks. He also has a cannon arm and isn't afraid to trust his receivers, he's a gunslinger, unlike Andy. This could be our future QB  that we should not pass up. We need to groom someone now behind Andy and let Andy start until he loses the job. We should draft Allen in the late first or 2nd. To me he looks like a mix between Ben Roethlisberger, and Phillip River with Brett Favres arm. Very fun to watch. Out of all QB's Allen has caught my eye the most. This guy would get us over the hump in the playoffs. He's a winner and talks to his teammates.

https://youtu.be/QTuKHNz9vbA

Second round?   He's a top ten pick, possibly top five, could end up first overall.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If we can get Josh Allen (Wyoming), then see where we stand and who offers what. Otherwise, I think the QB position should be open with what we have.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
sure if the right QB falls to the right place but I don't think we should push it because we have other more pressing immediate needs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:48 PM)pally Wrote: sure if the right QB falls to the right place but I don't think we should push it because we have other more pressing immediate needs

We can snag Will Hernandez in the 2nd. If Orlando Brown becomes a 2nd rounder we should be set on taking Allen with our top 10 pick.
Reply/Quote
Until we find out how the coaching staff is gonna play out it's really hard to say.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 09:40 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: we passed on Desean Watson who was absolutely bad ass. lets not do that again.   we need a play maker.  we can all agree Daltons not that

Yes Dalton has been iffy for the past 3 years. We shouldn't pass up on a potential franchise QB. We need to groom one now and make it Andy's job to lose.
Reply/Quote
third or after if we do draft one. That being said if allen available when we pick in the first, I would take him to sit behind Dalton. If Rudolph is available in the second I would take him as well to again sit behind Dalton.
Reply/Quote
With the receivers we have we need a QB that can throw over the defense(Like Big Ben does). Josh Allen is that guy. I think he could turn somebody like Ross into a monster(but that's all speculation until we actually see what Ross can do).

Doubt we go QB though and no way Denver passes on Allen if he's available.
Reply/Quote
I say we give Cleveland whatever they want for the #1 pick. They can have Katie and Marv. I think they're knobbing it off post game in his office anyway.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:07 PM)tBengal Wrote: With the receivers we have we need a QB that can throw over the defense(Like Big Ben does). Josh Allen is that guy. I think he could turn somebody like Ross into a monster(but that's all speculation until we actually see what Ross can do).

Doubt we go QB though and no way Denver passes on Allen if he's available.

There's a chance. We all want the next Tom Brady or Rodgers. This guy could be something special. Some teams might pass on him for some bad throws and the competition he's played. You got heisman winners out there in Mayfield and Jackson plus Rosen and Darnold as top 10 guys too . There's alot of hype surrounding those guys.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:15 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: There's a chance. We all want the next Tom Brady or Rodgers. This guy could be something special. Some teams might pass on him for some bad throws and the competition he's played. You got heisman winners out there in Mayfield and Jackson plus Rosen and Darnold as top 10 guys too . There's alot of hype surrounding those guys.

I agree but if you need to draft a QB this is the year to do it in my opinion. But it's a moot point because I think we draft a lineman round one.

I'll say this for Allen, he has an absolute cannon for an arm.
Reply/Quote
Since 2009, only 5 quarterbacks drafted in the first 2 rounds have won a playoff game. Only one of them is currently a starter in the NFL; Cam Newton.
The other 4 are Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Colin Kaepernick, and Andrew Luck.

No quarterback drafted from 2013 on has won a playoff game as a starter.

Drafting a quarterback does not automatically fix everything and get us over he hump.

Is it possible? Absolutely. But it's not as cut and dry as fans like to believe.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it’s funny how Rosen and Darnold may stay in school to avoid the Browns. If they both stay that just pushes the qbs higher up the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If we has fans want to ever have a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl then it is imperative that we draft a franchise QB. If we are content with inconsistency and mediocrity then by all means, keep Andy Dalton.

I hope that the Andy Dalton era is over.
Reply/Quote
Think we do not need too per having bigger needs presently.

But one should never pass on the right QB if he is there.

Packers took Aaron Rogers when they knew Favre was still the guy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It all depends on if the new HC feels like he can work with Andy, or if he needs to start from scratch.

Personally, I feel like whomever the new HC is, will feel like Andy is an experienced veteran that is easy on the salary cap; Why not fix the rest of the team first?

Seems to me like too many "fans" of this team, are getting Clevelanditis...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Depends on who the next coach is as well.

If it is Gruden who drafted Dalton then believe the answer is clear.

A different coach may want someone else for their system.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don not think we need to go in looking for QB, but I will say for the first time in 7 years if QB is BPA, I hope we make the move.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote