Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do we play the starters next week?
If you rest starters and they get out of sync, maybe you lose.

If you play Burrow and he gets hurt, you 100% lose. He is the only guy you can not afford to lose.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:24 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Cleveland -3 has to indicate Vegas thinks we’ll rest our starters.

Hobs is mentioning it in every one of his articles, though I think he is pushing for it rather than having an inside scoop. I say play them, but run the ball heavily with Perine and work on the run game regardless of the scoreboard. 11 wins would be nice, but 10 will do.... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:17 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: There's a decent chance miles Garrett takes burrows head clean off in what is probably a meaningless game.

They resting the starters or else they're ***** idiots.

The only way the game is meaningless is if the Bills lose to the Jets AND the Patriots lose to the Dolphins AND KC beats Denver AND Tennessee beats Houston.  

If we lose, we need both the Bills and Pats to lose to stay the #3 seed.  Again, if we fall to #4, we get either the Bills or Pats in the first round.  There are better matchups for us than that.  You seriously want to go up against Bill Bellichek in round 1?  It's not worth sitting guys for a week to stick yourself in that kind of matchup.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: The only way the game is meaningless is if the Bills lose to the Jets AND the Patriots lose to the Dolphins AND KC beats Denver AND Tennessee beats Houston.  

If we lose, we need both the Bills and Pats to lose to stay the #3 seed.  Again, if we fall to #4, we get either the Bills or Pats in the first round.  There are better matchups for us than that.  You seriously want to go up against Bill Bellichek in round 1?  It's not worth sitting guys for a week to stick yourself in that kind of matchup.

You wanna play in the playoffs with Brandon Allen cuz maybe ya get a better first round match up???

We ain't here to to say "yayy we beat the dolphins in the first round"....we trying to win it all.  That only happens with Burrow.  When you got your spot locked and you don't control your own seeding destiny ,  you don't give a frustrated myles Garrett the chance to end your season before its actually over.

Hell no thats stupid.  That juice ain't worth the squeeze.  Not even close. 
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:45 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: You wanna play in the playoffs with Brandon Allen cuz maybe ya get a better first round match up???

We ain't here to to say "yayy we beat the dolphins in the first round"....we trying to win it all.  That only happens with Burrow.  When you got your spot locked and you don't control your own seeding destiny ,  you don't give a frustrated myles Garrett the chance to end your season before its actually over.

I think that can't be stressed enough. This isn't a game against Jacksonville or Detroit or even a mid level team like Denver or Miami.

This is a divisional opponent who has every reason to knock out Burrow not only short term to keep the Bengals from winning but also for their own long term success.

Also, if Spain is out you really need to consider letting Burrow sit.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I would feature Perine quite a bit. Id treat this like the 3rd preseason game. we need a run heavy game to get us playoff ready anyway. Titans are warmest climate we could theoretically play at besides the SB so we need to be able to win more than 1 way. Their Dline will give our line some positive reps to prepare for playoffs
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think that can't be stressed enough. This isn't a game against Jacksonville or Detroit or even a mid level team like Denver or Miami.

This is a divisional opponent who has every reason to knock out Burrow not only short term to keep the Bengals from winning but also for their own long term success.

Also, if Spain is out you really need to consider letting Burrow sit.

For real dude!  I don't even think its a question.  Taylor ain't been around long enough to survive risking Joe.

He would get so universally eviscerated were Burrow to get hurt in this next game.   Medicare o line at best vs. a game wrecker like Garrett.....you'd have to be outta your goddam mind to play joe in this one.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:20 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: For real dude!  I don't even think its a question.  Taylor ain't been around long enough to survive risking Joe.

He would get so universally eviscerated were Burrow to get hurt in this next game.   Medicare o line at best vs. a game wrecker like Garrett.....you'd have to be outta your goddam mind to play joe in this one.

The more I consider it the more I'm with ya.
Reply/Quote
If Burrow plays at all, it better be hand-offs to Perine or quick passes. That's it. Nothing that has him standing in the pocket for 2+ seconds. The win or loss here is relatively inconsequential, so you're only playing Burrow to keep him fresh for the following week. If you have to play him, game-plan to minimize risk of injury as much as possible.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Zac hold the starters out in this game against the Browns.Possibly could play them the first half.
Reply/Quote
With the KC vs Denver game moved to Saturday, Zac will have a somewhat clearer picture as to whether there is anything to be gained. He has been ok at evaluating risk vs benefit this year. IMO he should sit starters, team can not afford to lose any key players for our first playoff game in 6 years. That said, I will not be surprised to see everyone playing their hearts out next Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I don't want Burrow (or any starters, really) anywhere near the field vs Cleveland.

They're going to be disgruntled and looking to hurt someone (especially Burrow), like Murdock said.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:45 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: You wanna play in the playoffs with Brandon Allen cuz maybe ya get a better first round match up???

How are you trying to win it all when you're going to sit your starters and drop a seed, thereby guaranteeing yourself tougher matchups and more road games?

You think KC will sit it's starters against Denver despite the fact that they are down their top 3 OT's?  Not likely.  They will play to defend the #2 seed and hope they can get the #1.

The Bengals have to win a playoff game this year.  One and done again and the feel good narrative shifts to same 'ol Bengals.  You're going to make it that much harder to win a playoff game,let alone make a run at a SB, because of a small percentage chance of injury?  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: ...You're going to make it that much harder to win a playoff game,let alone make a run at a SB, because of a small percentage chance of injury?  

Against some non-division team, this might be a valid assessment.  Against Cleveland and a pissed off Miles Garrett who would love nothing more than to end Cincy's post-season before it even starts... sorry, but you're being a little naive.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:06 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Against some non-division team, this might be a valid assessment.  Against Cleveland and a pissed off Miles Garrett who would love nothing more than to end Cincy's post-season before it even starts... sorry, but you're being a little naive.

Garrett and Ogunjobi are actually close friends that suffered together on some bad Browns teams. So Garrett is going to come into the game with a mission to take out Burrow and screw over his friend's SB hopes in a game where he has nothing to play for?  Coming off a short week no less?

Just as with any game, there's a risk of injury, but a lot of people are going overboard with the narrative that Garrett is going to come into this game like he's Forrest Whitaker in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and Burrow screwed with his car.  If Garrett took out the opposing QB every time the Browns played a game when they were eliminated from the playoffs, half the QB's in the league would be dead. 
Reply/Quote
I'm leaning towards sitting guys. But with the potential for the #1 seed still in play at least until we see what happens with KC vs DEN on Saturday. I think you have to prepare like a normal week. Then if KC loses we play the game like normal. If KC wins we could play the starters the first half and give Chase a chance to break Jeffersons rookie yards record and get some work in while not overdoing it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Garrett and Ogunjobi are actually close friends that suffered together on some bad Browns teams. So Garrett is going to come into the game with a mission to take out Burrow and screw over his friend's SB hopes in a game where he has nothing to play for?  Coming off a short week no less?

Just as with any game, there's a risk of injury, but a lot of people are going overboard with the narrative that Garrett is going to come into this game like he's Forrest Whitaker in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and Burrow screwed with his car.  If Garrett took out the opposing QB every time the Browns played a game when they were eliminated from the playoffs, half the QB's in the league would be dead. 

There's alot to be answered this week. Who knows what shape the Browns will be in and if they will sit some guys with minor issues that might've otherwise played. At this point I'm more concerned about Covid taking guys out of a game than anything else. So that is a factor as well.
Reply/Quote
KC loses Saturday you play conservatively vs. Cleveland but keep a close eye on the TN score vs. Houston. If that game gets out of hand early you call off the dogs. That would be my gameplan.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 07:56 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm leaning towards sitting guys. But with the potential for the #1 seed still in play at least until we see what happens with KC vs DEN on Saturday. I think you have to prepare like a normal week. Then if KC loses we play the game like normal. If KC wins we could play the starters the first half and give Chase a chance to break Jeffersons rookie yards record and get some work in while not overdoing it.

I didn't know the Chiefs played Saturday. This is a blessing in disguise. So, if KC loses then we have to play to win to get the #2 seed, which would be to our advantage to have 2 home games. Therefore, we may be looking at another KC/Cincinnati rematch for the AFC Championship. Which I have to say, I am so stoked we won the AFCN and are going to the playoffs. Didn't think we would make it this far and was just hoping we improved over last year. Holy shit did we improve over last year.

Also, Burrow is hot right now and I'm not sure you take that away from him by sitting him. Might throw off the mojo he has going on. I tried to ask Jobu if this was the case, but for some reason he's not answering my calls.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 08:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I didn't know the Chiefs played Saturday. This is a blessing in disguise. So, if KC loses then we have to play to win to get the #2 seed, which would be to our advantage to have 2 home games. Therefore, we may be looking at another KC/Cincinnati rematch for the AFC Championship. Which I have to say, I am so stoked we won the AFCN and are going to the playoffs. Didn't think we would make it this far and was just hoping we improved over last year. Holy shit did we improve over last year.

Also, Burrow is hot right now and I'm not sure you take that away from him by sitting him. Might throw off the mojo he has going on. I tried to ask Jobu if this was the case, but for some reason he's not answering my calls.

Yeah Burrow is hot right now. I saw he's the 1st QB in NFL history to go back to back games with 400yds 4TDs and no picks. That seems like one of those random stats but pretty crazy when you think about all the great QBs even in recent years if they've never accomplished this feat.
Reply/Quote