Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we want this staff near a #1 pick?
They seem to make guys much worse:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Trade all picks for 27 seventh rounders.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does the #1 pick want to be near this staff?

I'm guessing HELL NO in big bright shining lights with sirens blaring.

Reply/Quote
Anybody but Marvin and Dalton...Amirite?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 07:04 PM)jason Wrote: Anybody but Marvin and Dalton...Amirite?

In all honesty, who would want to play for this organization no matter the head coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 07:08 PM)car91 Wrote: In all honesty, who would want to play for this organization no matter the head coach.

Not too long ago AJ Green did... So there's that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 07:10 PM)jason Wrote: Not too long ago AJ Green did... So there's that.

Fair enough. I’d have to think he’s seriously rethinking that right about now.
Reply/Quote
As long as Tobin is GM this situation will never get fixed
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'm all for Wilksing Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 07:33 PM)car91 Wrote: Fair enough. I’d have to think he’s seriously rethinking that right about now.

You see him and Dalton chillin' and chatting on the bench? He gone...

Zac Taylor makes AJ Green's ankle swell.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 07:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Honestly, I'm all for Wilksing Taylor.

Pretty bad when the only reason not to is that it is off-putting to potential candidates... Having said that; I'd can him tomorrow. Simmons... Let's see what you got.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 07:49 PM)jason Wrote: Pretty bad when the only reason not to is that it is off-putting to potential candidates... Having said that; I'd can him tomorrow. Simmons... Let's see what you got.

If we go 0-16, I don't think any candidates would blame us for canning Taylor Tongue

Plus, they'd have a super low bar to overcome to get appreciation in the city XD
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They seem to make guys much worse:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The first mistake this guy makes is saying that they can't have a repeat of 2020".  They absolutely can and absolutely might.  The people who run the team don't give two shits about winning or fixing anything.  They just want their revenue sharing welfare check to pay for their ski vacations and Lumina repairs, all while providing jobs for their useless inbred offspring.

I heard Dehner mention that the family was "exhausted" by the coaching search this past offseason, and that there was zero chance that they'd pull that kind of move on Taylor after one season.  Poor billionaire ********.  I really hate to see them have to expend energy doing their effing jobs.  I wouldn't want Pumpkin or that piece of marry-for money dog shit Troy to get a hangnail doing paperwork or dialing agents.  

The earliest I see Taylor being gone is the bye next year.  If they lost every game up til that point, then it's fairly likely IMO.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 07:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we go 0-16, I don't think any candidates would blame us for canning Taylor Tongue

Plus, they'd have a super low bar to overcome to get appreciation in the city XD

We just lost to the absolute worst version of the Steelers that I can ever recall them fielding...and there was very little hope of a win.

We on the other hand are relatively healthy minus Green and Williams.

We even had Glenn back.
Reply/Quote
I was hopeful they could groom a QB properly until I saw how poorly Ryan Finley has performed. I get it's probably too early to judge him but there's nothing so far that gives optimism this staff can groom a QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was hopeful they could groom a QB properly until I saw how poorly Ryan Finley has performed. I get it's probably too early to judge him but there's nothing so far that gives optimism this staff can groom a QB.

Really there's nothing I can point to and say Wow - This staff is great at doing that!
Reply/Quote
So, I read this thread and it's posters complaining because we have a loss? But also many of the same posters that want to go 1st in the draft? Hmm

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, I read this thread and it's posters complaining because we have a loss? But also many of the same posters that want to go 1st in the draft? Hmm

The point of the thread is that we can't trust this staff to develop a QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The point of the thread is that we can't trust this staff to develop a QB.

No it's not. The point of this thread is to find another way of belittling the coaching staff. they are 0-12, we get it. It's like all these threads are started to try and convince fans we are losing, like we don't know that? We have good QB coaching talent on this team. You can't blame that on a QB with this bad of an OL. Geez, did you see Hart today? He was a turnstile. Finley is not busting it up like we would have loved to have seen, but heck, many were yelling 1st round pick before he was even starting. 

There are small improvements being made IMO. Yes, I said small. But at least we are starting to see some. Cant tank a coach on his first year. Plus, I blame a lot of this on Marvin and also the fact ZT got a very late start because of postseason. As for the point of the thread, we don't need a QB in the first round anyway. We have to fix the OL and the D. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 09:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We have good QB coaching talent on this team.

Ehh...maybe.  I thought ZT was supposed to revive Dalton's career with that QB-whispering.
Reply/Quote