Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you +1 people or +5 them
When giving people rep, do you +1 them or +5 them? Im not sure what to do...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Depends on just how enthusiastic about their post you are. Or you can be like me and be bothered when someone doesn't have their rep in a multiple of 5 and so rep them an amount that evens it out.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: When giving people rep, do you +1 them or +5 them? Im not sure what to do...

I put in as many as many as will fit. Since I have big hands it is rarely the whole fist.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: When giving people rep, do you +1 them or +5 them? Im not sure what to do...

You can give what you feel is appropraite for their post.... for instance if you want to send them a private comment on their post but not rep them much use the plus 1..

No neg rep?
Reply/Quote
I'm lazy and just click on the +5 that pops up. Guess I need to be more selective.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've always given the maximum. 5 points for a solid post is good with me.
(05-27-2015, 11:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: No neg rep?

Not yet. If I remember correctly, we'll be able to give red rep on the future. I think there is a certain number of posts you must achieve before getting the option.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I will always use the +5.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 12:49 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I've always given the maximum.  5 points for a solid post is good with me.

Not yet. If I remember correctly, we'll be able to give red rep on the future.  I think there is a certain number of posts you must achieve before getting the option.

I rarely neg repped anyway. The only time really was if it was a really bad troll, and got in the caught in the cross hairs of the RRR. LOL
Reply/Quote
I'm also a little curious as to how it works. Does the amount of rep you have influence how much you can give? Us peons can give between +1 and +5, but I've gotten a +6, and even a +50. That might have to do with modertator's superpowers however.

On topic: I vary it up sometimes. usually +5.
Reply/Quote
I have a +10 option
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 01:13 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm also a little curious as to how it works. Does the amount of rep you have influence how much you can give? Us peons can give between +1 and +5, but I've gotten a +6, and even a +50. That might have to do with modertator's superpowers however.

On topic: I vary it up sometimes. usually +5.

Has to do with the post count and level of the poster, but yes, us staff have additional amounts as well. I can rep up to +25, so I'm betting the admins have up to +50.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I just go +5.

(05-27-2015, 02:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Has to do with the post count and level of the poster, but yes, us staff have additional amounts as well. I can rep up to +25, so I'm betting the admins have up to +50.

Anytime I get one from Bengalholic, it's +25.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
+5 .....why y'all so stingy? Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 11:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: No neg rep?

(05-27-2015, 12:49 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Not yet. If I remember correctly, we'll be able to give red rep on the future.  I think there is a certain number of posts you must achieve before getting the option.

It's been discussed. It's one of those things where it's hard to gauge the interest. So far, we've tried to do what the majority of posters have been interested in and, when in doubt, copy from the ol' board.

(05-27-2015, 02:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Has to do with the post count and level of the poster, but yes, us staff have additional amounts as well. I can rep up to +25, so I'm betting the admins have up to +50.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 02:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I just go +5.

Anytime I get one from Bengalholic, it's +25.

Sonofa...I need to become better friends with him. Smirk
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 02:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Sonofa...I need to become better friends with him.  Smirk

There ya go Weezy.  ThumbsUp

Seriously though, I try to make my way through the threads everyday and pass out some rep.

I have a graduated rep system outlined, that the others alluded to, just haven't finished setting it up.

Initially, I actually thought about doing it a little differently than the old board...just giving every non-staff member the ability to give between 1 and 15 rep points, depending on how well they like a certain post. I actually still like that idea, so let me know what you guys think.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 12:59 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I rarely neg repped anyway.  The only time really was if it was a really bad troll, and got in the caught in the cross hairs of the RRR. LOL

For a long time, I wouldn't give anyone red rep. Then I saw how much people freaked out when they got it and decided to quit holding back.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2015, 11:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I put in as many as many as will fit.  Since I have big hands it is rarely the whole fist.

[Image: kK69EfM.gif]

LOL
Reply/Quote
I +5 them.

Unless they +1 me.....

Rolleyes
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I did kinda like how the rep you would give and get was based on how much red you had. But this system looks a lot neater with it usually being multiples of 5.

Although something tells me that Belsnickle will never have a multiple of 5 again.

Edit: This isn't meant to be brown-nosing. But holy hell people, give Holic some rep!
Reply/Quote