Poll: Do you enjoy the Pre-Season Games
Yes
No
Don't think about them
Pay money to see them
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you Enjoy Preseason?
Do you enjoy the preseason games? I have a tendency to avoid watching them, I do not know if it means I am not interested cause there is no competitive nature to the game that counts, or afraid of unnecessary injuries.

Do you enjoy preseason games or just can't wait for them to be over

do you pay to watch a preseason game?
Reply/Quote
I don't think I've watched them much before because they never televised them. Nowadays it's a different story and I may watch to see how the scrubs play and our lesser known players.
Reply/Quote
I enjoy them early then by the end I just want us to get through them without injuries.
Reply/Quote
I liked them because we get to see the development or lack there of from those mid tier roster guys.

Some guys to watch this year. Andrew Brown, Jordan Evans, Dovantae Harris, Darius Phillip's, Jordan Brown, Rennel Wren, Christian Ringo, Michael Jordan, Damion Willis, Josh Malone, Trayveon William's, Kerry Wynn, Brandon Wilson, Noah Dawkins, Stanley Morgan, Drew Sample, Moritz Bohringer, Trayveon Henderson, O'Shea Dugas, Germaine Pratt, Quinton Flowers...and of course the QBs Ryan Finley and Jake Dolegala.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like seeing the depth and new players on a team I follow, and even the teams I don't follow have some interesting stuff going on. There is usually a washed-up QB playing backup now in a new uniform that is interesting to see, or something like that.

I will say, I try to get stuff done while pre-season games are on, so I'm not actively watching them but I like them. Plus, they aren't going away so I may as well make the most of it.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 12:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Do you enjoy the preseason games?  I have a tendency to avoid watching them, I do not know if it means I am not interested cause there is no competitive nature to the game that counts, or afraid of unnecessary injuries.  

Do you enjoy preseason games or just can't wait for them to be over

do you pay to watch a preseason game?

Preseason is the most optimistic times of the year ( alot of the time) as we are 0-0 and filled with hope and dreams of a great season.

I like watching the games, but reason is trying to figure out the new guys or non starters to see if they can contribute.

I used to pay as season ticket holder and no choice. But, I don't and would not pay now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Don’t like paying full price for them. Not worth it. Love that it singles the start of football
Reply/Quote
Preseason games are basically worthless predictors of the season.
Reply/Quote
I like preseason just because it give me a chance to see the draft picks play and watch the team develop. Plus, it's fun to see who the standout player is because we seem to have 1 or 2 who surprise. This year will be extremely interesting because none of us should recognize the plays or be able to predict what's going to happen next like we used to (might not see most of the playbook during preseason anyway). Plus, it gives me an excuse to over indulge beer and cookout and act silly and shit. Cool

Reply/Quote
It's going to be a good pre-season this year because the Bengals are a young team and alot of the depth chart is still undecided.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I like preseason, although it gets me worked up to see someone do well in preseason then get cut anyway.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Love the start of a new season
Love to see the return of my favorite players
Love to see which new players pan out
Love to see the team develop - especially if there have been a lot of substantive changes
Reply/Quote
I dunno.. Preseason always seems to bring out the best in players who won't make the team (even if that's not always true) and the opposite, the worst in players who will make the team..
I've often been disappointed in guys I was happy to see do great in PS and when the real games begin they just magically vanish or get cut only to become great players for other teams.. The last part is the magic that is the unpredictability of young men. The last thing I'd place my future earnings on would be trying to predict the futures of young men I know little to nothing about. One thing we do know about young men is they don't remain static forever. Just because someone might appear to be a wash at 20 years old doesn't mean they'll always be a wash at 24-25.. Young men tend to have the ability to learn and get better at certain things.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I enjoy them until someone important gets injured.
Reply/Quote
I watch them because there has been not football for 7 months, but I don't really enjoy them.

You can't even really judge the young players because they are often playing against back ups. I haven't watched the second half of a preseason game in years.
Reply/Quote
I like them but I don't think the owners should be making the fans pay full price for tickets. I also think this time of year could be an excellent time for playing games internationally and experimental period with rules and such.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's part of the ticket package, so yes, I pay to see them. If I wasn't a STH and just bought games one-off, I don't believe I'd purchase them.

I must admit, though, that there is some excitement to attending that first home pre-season game. Just walking back into the stadium, the sky that orange/pink color as you settle into your seat on a warm summer evening. All the hope and optimism swirling around the stadium. There's just something beautiful about that.

The fourth pre-season game, however, is a shit-show kick in the gnads, and I'll be listing those tickets at rock-bottom prices.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I said yes. I love watching football period, but only truly enjoy watching the Bengals during the preseason. I like to see players that I have been following that may or may not make the team.

Preseason games are an opportunity to watch for hidden gems or players that are under the radar. But Preseason games also can give false impressions that a player is going to excel in the regular season. Nevertheless, I enjoy watching rookies and UDFA trying to impress.

I wanted to add, that the announcers sometimes get on my nerves...but are sometimes funny trying to pronounce the names of certain players.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 08:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wanted to add, that the announcers sometimes get on my nerves...but are sometimes funny trying to pronounce the names of certain players.

That is the genesis of my screen name.  I was at a Bengals pre-season game many years ago with a family member.  I can't recall who we were even playing, but the Bengals PA announcer mangled the last name of one of the visiting players.  We looked at each other and I asked: "Did he say awful llama?"   If not for that nameless player who was probably bartending but a week later, I would still have my original crap screen name.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 12:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: I enjoy them early then by the end I just want us to get through them without injuries.

This is me. ^^^

I love the fact that football is back, but I don’t want any major injuries to our starters in a meaningless game. Detroit’s Ford Field ruined many an ACL for us back in the day. I dreaded and still dread seeing Detroit on our preseason schedule.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote