Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The difference is apparent...
(09-25-2017, 08:54 PM)Brimey Wrote: Some really good points.. I would never boo Andy (I was at the Houston game. 8 hour drive, entire week of vacation centered on that game). Just a frustrated fan.

I think most would concur his pocket awareness and ability to make plays on the run is supoar...any fix for that? Something he could actually improve?

He did improve that quite a bit under Hue, but he's regressed since.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: You're missing the big picture. This organization KNEW how bad this line (oline looks fine in Big D). This organization does NOTHING in FA. This organization hasn't won a playoff game in 26 years. This organization has stuck with Mediocre Marv for 15 years.  This organization has kept Piano Man for 25 years.  Twenty ***** five!  

I seriously doubt any player does much to overcome this shit show.  Just accept it!  I have....and my Sundays are so relaxing now.

They listened to Alexander on who to draft.  They obviously listened to him that they didn't need outside help for the line.  The season is belly up because of the line.  Therefore, the season is blown because of Paul Alexander.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I've noticed that when Rodgers was scrambling, his WRs would brake off the route to give him an option to throw to. Did the Bengals WRs do that too, cause I didn't notice if they did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 01:43 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I've noticed that when Rodgers was scrambling, his WRs would brake off the route to give him an option to throw to.  Did the Bengals WRs do that too, cause I didn't notice if they did.

AJ usually does, the others don't. It's been a big issue for a while that our receivers tend not to break to the ball like WRs are supposed to.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: muskies was only listing offensive weapons. Offensive Line is a whole other can of worms.

Oh I know, I was just poking the bear. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 01:46 AM)Joelist Wrote: AJ usually does, the others don't. It's been a big issue for a while that our receivers tend not to break to the ball like WRs are supposed to.

True. There are plenty of times when Dalton is on the move, the receivers just stop and watch. Bail your QB out! Come back to the ball, throw a block, do something.
Reply/Quote
I see most NFL QB's have pressure bad. Dalton isn't able to improvise like others. Oline play is poor across the league not just us.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 04:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I see most NFL QB's have pressure bad. Dalton isn't able to improvise like others. Oline play is poor across the league not just us.

Other teams with bad lines still manage to win games, like the one we played Sunday, for instance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 04:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I see most NFL QB's have pressure bad. Dalton isn't able to improvise like others. Oline play is poor across the league not just us.

Actually he does improvise. The issue is the only other player out there who knows to break towards the QB when the play breaks down is AJ - the other doofuses either just stop or keep running the route. 

As to OL while other teams have had some line issues this is by far (even admitted by writers and announcers for other teams) the worst OL in the NFL. We have constant issues with our Center and Tackles totally whiffing on blocks and also not opening running lanes. They also give WAY too much ground resulting in a tiny pocket with no nose so nowhere for the QB to step into. 

Really we may have to dump the timing routes for now and also put Andy in the shotgun on all plays until we fix the line. Tell the receivers to keep their eyes on the QB and if needed roll Andy away from the pressure (in other words away from Og) and throw to whoever is open. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You have some great points.

Honestly...this offense needs 4 new lineman and a new TE before it's going to be ready to compete.

Dalton is above average...but it would take an elite QB to overcome this organization.

A TE would be nice but lets be honest we aren't going to get all of what you listed this off season.

A couple of solid lineman and a new HC would be a great start!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote