Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in magic...and curses?
This is intended to be a lighthearted thread with all the anger/bad news lately.

Simple question.  Do you believe in curses?  Is this city cursed?

As I reflect back on 2020 Cincinnati sports, I can't help but laugh at another lousy year.
  • Cincinnati Bengals - Draft a player that will change the face of this franchise only to see his knee get shredded.  Team finishes with another top 5 draft pick and we are bringing back ZT and Lou.
  • Cincinnati Reds - Storm back to make the playoffs only to lose 0-2 without scoring a run.  The first team to ever do that.
  • Cincinnati Bearcats - Historically great football season.  Highest rated G5 school only to get leaped frogged by 2 loss teams at the end.  Then they cap the season by blowing a big lead in the Peach Bowl.
  • FCC - Yikes.

If you really want to go back past 2020 and  take a walk down misery/memory lane, Mike Decourcy keeps a running a list every year.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/reds-offensive-meltdown-in-playoffs-suggests-curse-of-being-cincinnati-sports-fan-might-never-relent/ece6e4tjcose1kr0sdvwcpymu

So what do we do?  Do we have a public seance on fountain square?  Do we bring in a voodoo witch doctor to exorcise the demons?

Here is my proposal.  We bring in Bo Jackson and make him honorary captain for the 1st game.  Here he will publicly absolve Cincinnati from inuring his hip.  He will then literally bury a hatchet outside of the stadium.  WEBN 102.7 can sponsor the event.

What is your proposal?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:42 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: This is intended to be a lighthearted thread with all the anger/bad news lately.

As I reflect back on 2020 Cincinnati sports, I can't help but laugh at another lousy year.

• Cincinnati Bengals - Draft a player that will change the face of this franchise only to see his knee get shredded.  Team finishes with another top 5 draft pick and we are bringing back ZT and Lou.
  • Cincinnati Reds - Storm back to make the playoffs only to lose 0-2 without scoring a run.  The first team to ever do that.
  • Cincinnati Bearcats - Historically great football season.  Highest rated G5 school only to get leaped frogged by 2 loss teams at the end.  Then they cap the season by blowing a big lead in the Peach Bowl.
  • FCC - Yikes.

If you really want to go back past 2020 and  take a walk down misery/memory lane, Mike Decourcy keeps a running a list every year.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/reds-offensive-meltdown-in-playoffs-suggests-curse-of-being-cincinnati-sports-fan-might-never-relent/ece6e4tjcose1kr0sdvwcpymu

So what do we do?  Do we have a public seance on fountain square?  Do we bring in a voodoo witch doctor to exorcise the demons?

Here is my proposal.  We bring in Bo Jackson and make him honorary captain for the 1st game.  Here he will publicly absolve Cincinnati from inuring his hip.  He will then literally bury a hatchet outside of the stadium.  WEBN 102.7 can sponsor the event.

What is your proposal?

I said about 6 months ago I thought WEBN should sponser something where Bengals fans all get to go into the stadium with burning sage and cleanse it. Of course, covid kind of prevents that now.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:42 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: This is intended to be a lighthearted thread with all the anger/bad news lately.

• FCC - Yikes.

What is your proposal?

For the Bengals, publicly apologize to all sports fans for being the team that ended the career of an absolute freak of nature. Since he also played baseball at an All Star level, they may have brought the Reds down with them. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to bring in Bo Jackson to Cincinnati to atone for past transgressions and sins.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Bengals need to bring in Bo Jackson to Cincinnati to atone for past transgressions and sins.

Screw that..... the hit on Jackson was clean. I think they should go the other direction and put a banner of the hit near the 50 yard line along with video clips of him being run down from behind by Rod Jones and the look ot astonishment on his face that someone caught him....
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Screw that..... the hit on Jackson was clean. I think they should go the other direction and put a banner of the hit near the 50 yard line along with video clips of him being run down from behind by Rod Jones and the look ot astonishment on his face that someone caught him....

It's not about whether it was a clean hit, but rather that it ended the NFL career of a sport legend. That moment in history is clearly what cursed this franchise. We must ask Bo for forgiveness. The Bengals can even retire #34 in honor of Bo, you know before doing something completely obvious like retiring the numbers/having a ring of honor for their own franchise greats (Ahem, #78 for Munoz being the most obvious).
Reply/Quote
Sorry, I can't resist...

Reply/Quote
I blame Woody
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Screw that..... the hit on Jackson was clean. I think they should go the other direction and put a banner of the hit near the 50 yard line along with video clips of him being run down from behind by Rod Jones and the look ot astonishment on his face that someone caught him....

That's some kind of ific idea.

Not sure if it's terrific or horrific, but it sure the hell is ific.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 03:34 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I blame Woody

Which Woody we talking about?

[Image: woody-hayes-1.jpg]

[Image: MV5BMTU3NDc2ODc4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk2...17_AL_.jpg]

or

[Image: Woody+the+Cowboy+%25284%2529.jpg]

I'd argue all bear some responsibility for the Bengals' fate.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

• FCC - Yikes.

What is your proposal?

Is this what you're looking for? https://www.amazon.com/dgp-TRTAZ11A-Personalised-Revenge-Voodoo/dp/B003RTGM3K

or something more traditional: https://www.amazon.com/Authentic-New-Orleans-Voodoo-Doll/dp/B01GUKK10M   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Which Woody we talking about?

or

https://youtu.be/LEwK4TzsCzo

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/LEwK4TzsCzo

No, I'm familiar with the story, that's why I included his pic along with the outlandish cartoon character and Woody the Cowboy.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think when I was born I cursed the City of Cincinnati.... Born in December of 1991 I haven't seen much.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I don't believe in anyone being able to curse you other than yourself.

In the Bengals case, it has nothing to do with Bo Jackson. No, it has to do with Mike Brown, the person who makes the whacky decisions. It's on the person in-charge.

You are in-charge of your life. If it's a disaster then only you are to blame. Obviously!

As things have been not all that good for the Bengals, just look to see what changed when that started. Well, it started with Mike Brown inheriting the team and naming himself GM. That mistake remains unrectified.

Reply/Quote
Bootsy Collins.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:59 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't believe in anyone being able to curse you other than yourself.

In the Bengals case, it has nothing to do with Bo Jackson. No, it has to do with Mike Brown, the person who makes the whacky decisions. It's on the person in-charge.

You are in-charge of your life. If it's a disaster then only you are to blame. Obviously!

As things have been not all that good for the Bengals, just look to see what changed when that started. Well, it started with Mike Brown inheriting the team and naming himself GM. That mistake remains unrectified.

Not necessarily, MB has put together some damn fine teams. Palmer and Dalton both would probably have taken us to the Super Bowl, each in one respective year, if it were not for them getting injured. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not necessarily, MB has put together some damn fine teams. Palmer and Dalton both would probably have taken us to the Super Bowl, each in one respective year, if it were not for them getting injured. 

[Image: 1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=1,ba...323232.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Here is an interesting video about the Bo Jackson injury with Kevin Walker.
https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/06/28/bengals-50-curse-bo-jackson/103241312/

Maybe we get Lance & 700WLW to sponsor a publicity stunt. We have to try something!!

Does anyone know if Bo has ever blamed the Bengals for ending his career or does he have a grudge?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Which Woody we talking about?

or

Harrleson, He admits he Cursed us
Reply/Quote