Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you really want "compromise"?
Or do you want to say you "won"?

Ordo you want THEM to compromise with you...rather to say you want the OTHER guy to agree to YOUR terms.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I just want everyone to do the right thing.

And it just so happens that what I want is always the right thing.
I want evidence based policy decisions.
I'm willing to compromise. Anything that gets me closer to my ideal, I'm good with. What I do not want is quid pro quo. If we're negotiating immigration, don't tell me you'll go along with me IF I agree to your infrastructure bill. One damn thing at a time, no confounding of issues.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
(01-23-2018, 01:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I want evidence based policy decisions.

But politics is real, and the  population that demands certain things and votes is real.

To Dino, I used to care about winning, now I don't care that much at all, so compromise is OK by me.  Anything to shut everybody up about how evil everyone else is.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I want the ability to smoke a cigar laced with pot while eating a steak, chugging a cocktail of whiskey and tide pods during a xxx movie I’m watching with a hooker. That’s freedom.that shouldn’t be compromised on.
In the event of a 50/50 tie, I'm always down for a compromise.

I prefer a democratic process with things though. If you have the majority going one way, that's the way things should probably go. Unfortunately, the majority isn't always right due to special interests, which is why we need more educated and informed voters.

Also this:

(01-23-2018, 04:14 PM)Benton Wrote: I want the ability to smoke a cigar laced with pot while eating a steak, chugging a cocktail of whiskey and tide pods during a xxx movie I’m watching with a hooker. That’s freedom.that shouldn’t be compromised on.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(01-23-2018, 02:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But politics is real, and the  population that demands certain things and votes is real.

To Dino, I used to care about winning, now I don't care that much at all, so compromise is OK by me.  Anything to shut everybody up about how evil everyone else is.

Evidence based policy decisions still leaves room for politics. There are many issues where there is competing evidence, and room for compromise. I know that the general populatio doesn't care about evidence (or knows what good evidence is), though, and that is a major problem.
(01-23-2018, 01:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I want evidence based policy decisions.

Is This the part were Trump voters chant "BUILD THE WALL!!!"
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(01-23-2018, 04:14 PM)Benton Wrote: I want the ability to smoke a cigar laced with pot while eating a steak, chugging a cocktail of whiskey and tide pods during a xxx movie I’m watching with a hooker. That’s freedom.that shouldn’t be compromised on.

You should move to Nevada...
We really should hang out....lol

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk