Poll: ?
Yes, as much as ever. Hobson is too hot a ticket to miss.
I visit significantly less now, but still visit for videos and stuff (Dalton locker room schlong sightings).
I don't visit at all. The Bengals done goofed axing Jungle Noise.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you still go to bengals.com after they closed the boards?
I voted significantly less. These boards are actually better than the old ones once the user base catches up and seemingly have admins who care about the users' opinions (but at least the Bengals were able to successfully copy the Ravens or Steelers or whatever in not having a relevant message board). I only wish it would stop tripping my Avast Antivirus (any suggestions?). Rock On [face_denny]
Reply/Quote
I still go to look at depth chart, watch videos etc. I skim through Hobspin articles rarely fully read them unless it's something important.

So yes I visit some but way less than I used to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been twice since the boards closed....both times was following links from this site. Hell with them.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I still go to the front page for every news update. I know a lot of people here think they are smarter than the Bengal coaches and know more about what is going on at practice than the coaches, but I still like to hear what the real coaches say.

Don't know why I have to praise Hobson just because I go to the team sit. Maybe next time when you make a poll try to keep it from being so biased.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 11:42 AM)GarbageDisposal Wrote: I voted significantly less. These boards are actually better than the old ones once the user base catches up and seemingly have admins who care about the users' opinions (but at least they were able to successfully copy the Ravens or Steelers or whatever in not having a relevant message board). I only wish it would stop tripping my Avast Antivirus (any suggestions?). Rock On [face_denny]

Avast often false flags newer sites. Switching to Bitdefender or AVG should clear the problem up. They are both very compatible with this site, and in general, have significantly fewer false-positives.

If you don't want to get rid of Avast, you can always go to your settings and allow an exception for this site.
http://www.getavast.net/support/managing-exceptions
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I still go to the front page for every news update.  I know a lot of people here think they are smarter than the Bengal coaches and know more about what is going on at practice than the coaches, but I still like to hear what the real coaches say.

Don't know why I have to praise Hobson just because I go to the team sit.  Maybe next time when you make a poll try to keep it from being so biased.

Because it's a joke. The options are yes/less/no.

@Bengaholic, I'm looking into ways to get Avast to stop doing it (I actually sent a false flag report where they'll personally review this site next time they update), but if I find one I'll let you know. I'm not going to switch but it would probably be a good thing for a FAQ/Sticky somewhere to include how to get it to stop, since so many people use it. Every time I post an ear-splitting voice and warning pop-up come up, lol.

edit: just saw your edit
The artist formerly known as Heretic
Reply/Quote
ON Occasion to read hobspin i'll go.
I go through Twitter though when he posts a link. I don't go to Bengals.com itself.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 11:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I still go to look at depth chart, watch videos etc. I skim through Hobspin articles rarely fully read them unless it's something important.

So yes I visit some but way less than I used to.

Same here, still gotta get Bengals news wherever i can but i go here first.
Reply/Quote
There is no point in going to that site. I get all the news I need on this forum. Hobson is an idiot.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:49 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: There is no point in going to that site. I get all the news I need on this forum. Hobson is an idiot.

There are no idiots on bengalsboard.net.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not at all. I have no anger toward the site, but have no real desire to go to it. This site is fine and was an easy transition. All the forums are the same here. Nothing missed. As far as missing out on some Bengal news i can get that from other media sources.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:49 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote:  I get all the news I need on this forum. 

No doubt.

You don't need any news to just say "Dalton sucks" over and over and over and over and over again.
Reply/Quote
That's because it keeps happening like clockwork every postseason. He's the Cal Ripken of terrible postseason clunkers. CornerBlitz was one of the most refreshingly realistic posters on the old board, no frills or pretenses, just the facts.
The artist formerly known as Heretic
Reply/Quote
I go there a ton less than what I used to. I still go to watch interviews and stuff like that every so often.
Reply/Quote
I just read the news articles pretty much.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I went to see a 2015 schedule once. Between listening to 1530 Homer most afternoons, reading Cincyjungle and Stripehype, and being on this site, there's not much need of the homepage in terms of news-seeking.
Reply/Quote
I went there once to print a schedule. That's it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I still go there but less than what I used to. Still read the articles and watch the videos. But this board is a step above what we had there.
Reply/Quote
I go much less now. New articles are kind of slow so many times I go to the site then think "why did I do this?" to myself lol.
Reply/Quote
Why would we not go the Bengals.com? It's still a source of information about our favorite team.
Reply/Quote