Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think that...
(01-04-2018, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Apparently so, one is a fantastic position coach or coordinator, the other is a shitty HC.

Now it all makes sense. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The retention of Hue Jackson, Jay Gruden, and Hue Jackson had nothing to do with us bringing back Marvin, unless Marvin had his eyes set on one of those jobs,

....and you KNOW this how?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and you KNOW this how?

Don't know it; OP asked for thoughts. MB was not waiting on the status of Jackson, Joseph, or Gruden before offering Marvin an extension. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't know it; OP asked for thoughts. MB was not waiting on the status of Jackson, Joseph, or Gruden before offering Marvin an extension. 

Gotcha.....I read it as you knew that wasn't the case, my apologies for the misinterpretation.  It's all speculation....and of course the org. is mum.  I think they were looking at other familiar candidates, but that's it.  Seems some reporters with "sources close to the team" thought Lewis was on the back burner. Who knows.  

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Gotcha.....I read it as you knew that wasn't the case, my apologies for the misinterpretation.  It's all speculation....and of course the org. is mum.  I think they were looking at other familiar candidates, but that's it.  Seems some reporters with "sources close to the team" thought Lewis was on the back burner. Who knows.  

Holic had a thread with an article about us being very interested in Jay, didn't hear anything about Hue or Vance myself.

If we were interested in anyone i would bet it was Jay if he got fired, but yeah, this is just our thoughts...

Two Hue Jacksons really stood out to me though. Didn't want that HC one that is all i know.
Reply/Quote
Seems to be a quiet day at the office for these guys. Was hoping to hear something on defensive side of the ball. Maybe they're just being diligent and shopping around?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Seems to be a quiet day at the office for these guys. Was hoping to hear something on defensive side of the ball.  Maybe they're just being diligent and shopping around?

Hope they were setting up an interview with Jack Del Rio today...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Holic had a thread with an article about us being very interested in Jay, didn't hear anything about Hue or Vance myself.

If we were interested in anyone i would bet it was Jay if he got fired, but yeah, this is just our thoughts...

Two Hue Jacksons really stood out to me though. Didn't want that HC one that is all i know.

I took a vacation day Tuesday to hang with the kids....later on in the day, I was flipping through the sports channels and this scenario came up. I'm not familiar with hosts, as I am seldom home to watch these shows. It was two guys and two ladies.....that's all I can tell ya....lol.....sorry man.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: I took a vacation day Tuesday to hang with the kids....later on in the day, I was flipping through the sports channels and this scenario came up. I'm not familiar with hosts, as I am seldom home to watch these shows. It was two guys and two ladies.....that's all I can tell ya....lol.....sorry man.

Thats alright, probably ESPN anyways and don't believe much what they say.

The bottom line is Marv is back and thank God PA is gone. Lazor having more control it seems.

Better than the shit storm it could of been. Just need a good DC not named Paulie G and a LB coach not named Haslett...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats alright, probably ESPN anyways and don't believe much what they say.

The bottom line is Marv is back and thank God PA is gone. Lazor having more control it seems.

Better than the shit storm it could of been. Just need a good DC not named Paulie G and a LB coach not named Haslett...

May have been.....they were discussing ownership's desire to hire a familiar face and speculating as to why that is.  One theory was the "personalities" on the team....another was Son of Paul trust issues, which I thought leant a bit of credibility to their discussion.

Anyway....good that PA is gone....jury out on the rest.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:58 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Do you think that if Hue or Jay were fired from their HC gig that Brown wouldn't have extended Marvin, and hired one of them? Do you think that's why he wasn't signed until Tuesday (since Monday is when coaches usually get fired), or do you think Marvin was going to get his old job back no matter what?

Who the hell knows what Mike Brown might have done in a what if situation.

No one can figure why he did what he did with real situations.

Reply/Quote