Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you vote?
Might seem like a dumb question since I would think that if you are a member of this subforum you are active in politics but I was thinking about the United State's dismal participation percentage when it comes to voter turnout and I'd guess that at LEAST 75% of the people in my immediate circle (family and friends) does indeed vote even if they are not as vocal as I am.

I don't think I've even missed a primary vote since I turned 18.  Maybe once while I was away in college.

So are you registered and do you vote?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I am registered to vote and even though CT doesn't do early voting they allow you to do an absentee ballot without any real fuss, so I went in there, told a half truth about why I wouldn't be able to make it, and filled in an absentee ballot.
(11-04-2016, 12:00 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I am registered to vote and even though CT doesn't do early voting they allow you to do an absentee ballot without any real fuss, so I went in there, told a half truth about why I wouldn't be able to make it, and filled in an absentee ballot.

So...

You committed voter fraud.

Nervous
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I vote. 

I'm a registered Independent. 

And I am scared shitless come November 9th. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(11-04-2016, 12:11 PM)Benton Wrote: So...

You committed voter fraud.

Nervous

Oh no....

Does this mean my registration automatically changes from Independent to Democrat?

LOL
I'm a registered Democrate and vote in every election. I always enjoy when my wife answers the phone and it's the Democratic Pollsters call my house reminding me to vote.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-04-2016, 12:00 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I am registered to vote and even though CT doesn't do early voting they allow you to do an absentee ballot without any real fuss, so I went in there, told a half truth about why I wouldn't be able to make it, and filled in an absentee ballot.

We are the same, though it depends on the staff at your Registrar as to how much fuss there can be. The two ladies for me last weekend got rather aggressive with my wife and I and were pretty determined to not let us vote (both of us will be working over 11 hours on election day, which is a valid reason). When I pulled out my phone and called the current city councilman and candidate for the US House of Representatives for our district going "Kai? Hey, it's Matt. Do you have the number for one of the groups taking up voter suppression claims this time around?" they kind of changed their tune. We had a discussion about the issue and I have been talking to groups in Virginia trying to make early voting a thing here. I've always been for it, but this was my first time going absentee and had I not been as informed as I am about the law I would have been disenfranchised because these two people were ignorant of state law regarding the very thing they were supposed to be overseeing.

Sorry, had to vent a bit on that one.

As to the OP, yes, I vote. I vote in every election, I've worked as an election official even.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Yes, I vote. I typically vote early, as with work schedule it is tough to wait in line at polls.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I vote as many times as I can Ninja
(11-04-2016, 04:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: We are the same, though it depends on the staff at your Registrar as to how much fuss there can be. The two ladies for me last weekend got rather aggressive with my wife and I and were pretty determined to not let us vote (both of us will be working over 11 hours on election day, which is a valid reason). When I pulled out my phone and called the current city councilman and candidate for the US House of Representatives for our district going "Kai? Hey, it's Matt. Do you have the number for one of the groups taking up voter suppression claims this time around?" they kind of changed their tune. We had a discussion about the issue and I have been talking to groups in Virginia trying to make early voting a thing here. I've always been for it, but this was my first time going absentee and had I not been as informed as I am about the law I would have been disenfranchised because these two people were ignorant of state law regarding the very thing they were supposed to be overseeing.

Sorry, had to vent a bit on that one.

As to the OP, yes, I vote. I vote in every election, I've worked as an election official even.

Holy crap.

For me it was just "Are you able to make it between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.? No? OK, here you go"

That sounds. ridiculous.
Yup I vote.
(11-04-2016, 05:07 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Holy crap.

For me it was just "Are you able to make it between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.? No? OK, here you go"

That sounds. ridiculous.

Yeah, some districts here are like that, some aren't. Mine, well, let me just say that the son of our Registrar was investigated for voter fraud, if that tells you anything.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-04-2016, 08:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Might seem like a dumb question since I would think that if you are a member of this subforum you are active in politics but I was thinking about the United State's dismal participation percentage when it comes to voter turnout and I'd guess that at LEAST 75% of the people in my immediate circle (family and friends) does indeed vote even if they are not as vocal as I am.

I don't think I've even missed a primary vote since I turned 18.  Maybe once while I was away in college.

So are you registered and do you vote?

I am a registered Democrat, so I vote four or five times every election.
(11-04-2016, 08:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: So are you registered and do you vote?

Yep and yep.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(11-04-2016, 04:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm a registered Democrate and vote in every election. I always enjoy when my wife answers the phone and it's the Democratic Pollsters call my house reminding me to vote.

Dafuq is a Democrate? 

Kidding aside, yes - I vote. Though truth be told I'll likely leave my presidential vote unfullfilled this year. It's not a protest thing either; I just have zero faith any legal candidate is worth voting for.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Already voted since I will be in Mississippi on Election Day.
Dropped off my mail in ballot in a week ago. So ***** easy it pisses off all the tiny dicks who can't stand the idea of everyone voting.
(11-04-2016, 04:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm a registered Democrate and vote in every election. I always enjoy when my wife answers the phone and it's the Democratic Pollsters call my house reminding me to vote.

Kentucky voter?

I wish they'd change the primary process here. 3-1 registered Democrat, vote 3-1 in favor of Republican candidates (totally made up numbers there). It's hard explaining it to people who move in from other states that, yes, we're all registered Democrat, but, no that doesn't mean anything.
(11-04-2016, 03:45 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Oh no....

Does this mean my registration automatically changes from Independent to Democrat?

LOL

Depends.

1 — Are you deceased?
If you answered yes, please change your registration to Democrat.
If you answered no, please proceed to question 2.

2 — Have you, a family member, or a subsidiary of a company you own recently purchased a ballot machine company (companies)?

If you answered yes, please change your registration to Republican
If you answered no, please proceed to question 3.

3 — Are you too busy working to keep up with election laws?
If you answered yes, please maintain your Independent status.
(11-07-2016, 04:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Kentucky voter?

I wish they'd change the primary process here. 3-1 registered Democrat, vote 3-1 in favor of Republican candidates (totally made up numbers there). It's hard explaining it to people who move in from other states that, yes, we're all registered Democrat, but, no that doesn't mean anything.

Yep, choose Democrat back when I could care less about Politics; as the whole family are Democrats and even hold a local office or 2. Only difference is I have to vote in the Democratic Primary. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]