Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Hillary deserve the Black vote?
http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

When you start looking at the clintons history with the black community. It's a shock they are holding that vote over Bernie.
Just curious. ...
What exactly qualifies one to deserve "the black vote"?

I'm completely serious.
(02-10-2016, 05:00 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Just curious. ...

I'm completely serious.

Agreed. But you always hear how she is doing better by large numbers with blacks . Given her and bill's history of constantly screwing them over it always surprises me. They have done more than most to hold down blacks.
I don't know. I don't know if the black community votes on single issues or on a set of issues. If they do, I don't know which issues those are.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

I'm completely serious.

I can sing a number of Temptations songs without embarrassing myself...er, as long as I don't attempt to dance.

I'm completely serious.

I would assume supporting issues that affect the black community like education, criminal justice reform, higher paying jobs and protecting the civil rights and voting rights acts.
Well she did wish everyone a Happy Kwanzaa and changed her logo for a while, in a non-pandering way; so it's pretty much settled.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-10-2016, 05:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know. I don't know if the black community votes on single issues or on a set of issues. If they do, I don't know which issues those are.

There's a lot of hypotheticals going on. The black vote is a mystery to most politicians other than it votes democrat. That's the only known thing about it. 

(02-10-2016, 06:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I would assume supporting issues that affect the black community like education, criminal justice reform, higher paying jobs and protecting the civil rights and voting rights acts.

Except the black vote has never actually showed up to vote on such issues other than voting for Obama, which was less about those issues and more about making history.
Clinton got 84% of the black vote in 96 and he was big into criminal justice reform that made the problem worse. 

If they actually cared about justice reform, they would have been out for Rand Paul who gave an exceptional answer on the issue at one of the debates when asked by a man on YouTube. 
(02-10-2016, 07:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: There's a lot of hypotheticals going on. The black vote is a mystery to most politicians other than it votes democrat. That's the only known thing about it. 

Except the black vote has never actually showed up to vote on such issues other than voting for Obama, which was less about those issues and more about making history.
Clinton got 84% of the black vote in 96 and he was big into criminal justice reform that made the problem worse. 

If they actually cared about justice reform, they would have been out for Rand Paul who gave an exceptional answer on the issue at one of the debates when asked by a man on YouTube. 

I was answering the "what qualifies" part of the question, not the who or why they support. The black vote tends to go to democrats, because it was a democrat president that pushed for and signed the civil rights act, and whoever has the highest name recognition.
Hillary polls at near 100% name recognition among black voters.
(02-10-2016, 04:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

When you start looking at the clintons history with the black community.  It's a shock they are holding that vote over Bernie.

Lip service goes a long way and the Clintons are hip (remember when Bill played the Sax on the Arsenio Hall Show?).
Hillary's back pocket supporters are also trashing Bern loudly with in their communities.

Seriously how can you compare Bill being on the Arsenio Hall show vs Bern marching on Washington with MLK Jr and fighting for everyone's Civil Rights.

Bern needs to simplify his talking points, he also needs to clearly point out how his policies are specifically going to help the black people. Blacks and Latinos and whites are part of the 99% that he's trying to help, but it doesn't feel tailored so they are ignoring it.
(02-10-2016, 06:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I would assume supporting issues that affect the black community like education, criminal justice reform, higher paying jobs and protecting the civil rights and voting rights acts.

That's just it, he does support overhauling on those topics. He just doesn't specifically say it's for the black people.

I think the longer Bern sticks around on the caucuses, the more favorable he will become. Right now most black people have no idea who he is, but everyone knows who Hillary is.
Today Bernie had dinner with the leader of the black people AL Sharlatan. Lets see how that works out.

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/10/466276101/bernie-sanders-dines-with-al-sharpton-in-harlem
(02-10-2016, 08:59 PM)Vlad Wrote: Today Bernie had dinner with the leader of the black people AL Sharlatan. Lets see how that works out.

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/10/466276101/bernie-sanders-dines-with-al-sharpton-in-harlem

LOL at the hot sauce prop

(02-10-2016, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: LOL at the hot sauce prop

It's the restaurant's brand. They have it on every table.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-10-2016, 10:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's the restaurant's brand. They have it on every table.

Makes it even funnier. 

(02-10-2016, 05:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  If they do, I don't know which issues those are.

The main one being whether there's a "D" next to the name or not.
Is the "Black vote" something that any politician should base their campaign upon?  Sure, they make up a 12% demographic in the US.  But, what percentage of that 12% actually votes?  Sure, there are strong concentrations of Black folk in urban areas, that tend to lean heavily Liberal anyway. 

If I'm a politician running for office, I just campaign on what's going to improve America, and let that stand.  No matter the demographic.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

I'm completely serious.

Well if you look at the last couple elections being black it what deserves it. In the last election Obama received 93% of the black vote. The white vote was 60/40 Romney.  

Of course it could have just been 93% of the black voters agreed with Obama's policies. 

(02-11-2016, 01:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well if you look at the last couple elections being black it what deserves it. In the last election Obama received 93% of the black vote. The white vote was 60/40 Romney.  

Of course it could have just been 93% of the black voters agreed with Obama's policies. 

Gore had 90% in 2000.
Kerry had 88% in 2004.
Clinton had 84% in 1996.
Clinton had 83% in 1990.

Seems that the letter next to the name is the most important. 
(02-11-2016, 03:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Gore had 90% in 2000.
Kerry had 88% in 2004.
Clinton had 84% in 1996.
Clinton had 83% in 1990.

Seems that the letter next to the name is the most important. 

If black people had a reset and went down issue by issue they would realign themselves with conservatives. And once again be back home.