Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Zac deserve a second season?
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I also suspect that the Bengals value passive coaches.

Well, maybe...they either value them or they just weed out the people who air complaints eventually.  Remember, after 2010 Palmer and Marvin both went to MB with "do this or I'm leaving" demands and MB said no to both of them and one stuck around for another 8 years and one never played another snap for the Bengals.

So maybe ZT wants stuff, but he's not getting it and how he reacts is up to him and really not something we will know about unless he also resigns.  The fact that he is a QB coach who got a HC gig certainly helps keep him under MB's thumb though, yes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's just it. The coaches are the scouts here. So Taylor has a bigger role in that process than people admit. I remember reading how he was evaluating the roster...and then the re-signed Preston Brown.

I suspect he just went with the flow instead of telling Mike Brown that they needed faster LB's. I also suspect that the Bengals value passive coaches.

I'd be interested to know why the Del Rio hire fell through. They said they had philosophical differences. Maybe Del Rio was like you need to sign some faster players?

Jack Del Rio isn't coaching anywhere...the issue is mostly likely on his side.

If I had to guess who the Bengals first choices are DC were I would guess someone on the Saints staff. Didnt they request interviews with a couple of them early and were denied?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, maybe...they either value them or they just weed out the people who air complaints eventually.  Remember, after 2010 Palmer and Marvin both went to MB with "do this or I'm leaving" demands and MB said no to both of them and one stuck around for another 8 years and one never played another snap for the Bengals.

So maybe ZT wants stuff, but he's not getting it and how he reacts is up to him and really not something we will know about unless he also resigns.  The fact that he is a QB coach who got a HC gig certainly helps keep him under MB's thumb though, yes.

The Bengals management fell under his charm and words too. You gotta think they would have been like...no Zac you're hiring an experienced DC. Stuff like that.
Reply/Quote
He's simply not an NFL head coach. Maybe if he had several seasons of being a good OC under a good head coach then he might become head coach material. But, he's done not one thing that leads me to believe in him. Not one.

I don't care what the media people say. If Taylor is kept on for another year or two or three or five (like Mike Brown kept Dave Shula) there won't be much improvement. There's no one for Taylor to learn from. Mike Brown certainly isn't going to teach him and if Mike Brown is teach him, he's teach him how to be happy with being a loser.

The team would be better off admitting the mistake and correcting it as soon as possible. We can all see that Taylor is in over his head. We can ignore our eyes if we want. I'm sure Mike Brown is ignoring his, if bastard to even gives a shit.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He's simply not an NFL head coach. Maybe if he had several seasons of being a good OC under a good head coach then he might become head coach material. But, he's done not one thing that leads me to believe in him. Not one.

I don't care what the media people say. If Taylor is kept on for another year or two or three or five (like Mike Brown kept Dave Shula) there won't be much improvement. There's no one for Taylor to learn from. Mike Brown certainly isn't going to teach him and if Mike Brown is teach him, he's teach him how to be happy with being a loser.

The team would be better off admitting the mistake and correcting it as soon as possible. We can all see that Taylor is in over his head. We can ignore our eyes if we want. I'm sure Mike Brown is ignoring his, if bastard to even gives a shit.

Nice post.

And the media likes to look for young assistants on teams and label them the next big thing. Maybe IF Taylor had someone to lean on and learn from here, he'd get better. He doesn't. The coordinators are just as inexperienced as him.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals management fell under his charm and words too. You gotta think they would have been like...no Zac you're hiring an experienced DC. Stuff like that.

Ehh, I doubt it.  I'd wager they wanted an experienced DC and no experienced DC wanted to be here because part of being experienced in things NFL is knowing that being in Cincy sucks.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I doubt it.  I'd wager they wanted an experienced DC and no experienced DC wanted to be here because part of being experienced in things NFL is knowing that being in Cincy sucks.

Well, and I think coaches looked at Taylor and laughed.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, and I think coaches looked at Taylor and laughed.

Again, that's a little rough on ZT but it was probably more like....Work under a QB coach turned HC who is working under Mike "we don't do stuff other NFL teams do" Brown?  Nahhhh.  I'll pass.
Reply/Quote
I have two levels of thinking on this.

First and foremost unless the front office either sells to a competent billionaire or does a 180 on their philosophy, it doesn't really matter what coach they bring in, at least to the point of becoming a Super Bowl contender. This is nothing new, aka  Dead Horse .

Secondly with that being said, the decisions made that led to this current coaching staff was a clusterfiddle of bad decisions, in part due to their thrift philosophy model. Taylor was a bad hire, period. The coaches around him were bad hires. Instead of shopping at Costco, this front office went to a Save-a-Lot for discount coaches.

In my ideal world of what I would like to see is first a complete change to their Model Model (puke). Then a complete overhaul to the coaching staff with actual NFL experienced coordinators calling both sides of the ball. Then go from there, with or without Taylor, preferably without.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
No! He didn’t even deserve this chance. He was atrocious for the Bearcats and Dolphins
Reply/Quote
This entire staff is inept and Zac is in way over his head. I've never, in my forty plus years as a fan, seen our defense this bad.
Reply/Quote
If you kick a coach to the curb after one season, good luck getting a decent coach to take his place.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
he had 16 fantasy points, my friend drafted him in the 3rd. Been sitting since week 3
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you kick a coach to the curb after one season, good luck getting a decent coach to take his place.

Ida know...the Browns stuck with Hue after 1-15 and then got 0-16 and then got Freddie Kitchens.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...the Browns stuck with Hue after 1-15 and then got 0-16 and then got Freddie Kitchens.

We might end up with Hue as our HC next year. Or Gruden.

You know how the Bengals roll.

How funny would it be if Taylor got fired and bashed the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You're just feeling bitter because it's been so long since you've been tryna sound hip.

You know you're old if you start saying "hip". Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'd hire a 13 year old madden expert over mikey brown
Reply/Quote
I still hope/think they manage to figure out a way to win a game. It's hard to go 0-16. It's embarrassing. it's a level of incompetence that this team never managed to achieve even in the lost decade.

I'm not saying you have to fire him at 0-16, but it should at least be on the table. That's a demonstrably awful feat that almost no team manages to accomplish, even with massive injuries, even with inexperienced staffs, even with terrible rosters, and (this is important) even with Mike Brown running the team.

It's a clear sign that you're probably not a NFL head coach.

I'd gut the staff and roster if it happens. Start over with a number 1 pick and do a real rebuild.
Reply/Quote