Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone buy this...
Burfict is claiming that he is being taunted into stupid fouls because refs are cussing at him? I heard this from several other players after his ejection last Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Cussing I doubt, the NFL is mic'd everywhere a NFL referee cant be that stupid can they?

I will say he does have a target on his back and def short leash when it comes to any BS on the field
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 05:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Burfict is claiming that he is being taunted into stupid fouls because refs are cussing at him? I heard this from several other players after his ejection last Sunday.

Uh, no.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 05:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Burfict is claiming that he is being taunted into stupid fouls because refs are cussing at him? I heard this from several other players after his ejection last Sunday.

Considering the league isn't even fining him for "making contact with an official" plus they NEVER showed the alleged contact on a replay during the game, I think it's safe to say they at LEAST over reeacted
:andy:
Reply/Quote
If it was Burfict saying this alone, I'd say he was just talking to cover his ass. However, AJ Green is the first one who made this accusation and I don't see him being a guy to just go out and stir the pot for no reason. I think Green is just sick of Marvin, sick of the losing and at this point he's done being the quiet nice guy. He is just going to say what he thinks and I am all for that.

Here is the link to the story if anyone wants to read more:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vontaze-burfict-claims-that-nfl-refs-are-trying-to-provoke-him-to-get-into-trouble/

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, I don’t doubt it for a second. I don’t know why everyone seems to have a hard time believing it to be honest. Must just be that they automatically don’t believe anything Burfict says. Just because he may take a few dirty actions after the play doesn’t mean every word he says is a lie
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes, I don’t doubt it for a second. I don’t know why everyone seems to have a hard time believing it to be honest. Must just be that they automatically don’t believe anything Burfict says. Just because he may take a few dirty actions after the play doesn’t mean every word he says is a lie

Not every word, sure. But these particular words look like shifting the blame for things he did and brought on himself. A reaction that makes me less hopeful that he will do his part to change things for him.

And it sure wasn't a conspiracy against him from the start. He did his stuff and deserves his dubious reputation.
Reply/Quote
If anyone cares to search back through posts at the time of the Infamous Ball Tap incident in Green Bay, I said then that this will come back to haunt him because he basically embarrassed the officials on National TV by tricking them into flagging the GB player for responding, then laughed about it later. So yeah, I think they are doing everything they can to get back at him. If I were him, I would be hiring a lawyer and getting every piece of footage showing phantom facemask call, legal hits that are fined and suspensions that come down, and go after the league for taking his wages.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: Not every word, sure. But these particular words look like shifting the blame for things he did and brought on himself. A reaction that makes me less hopeful that he will do his part to change things for him.

And it sure wasn't a conspiracy against him from the start. He did his stuff and deserves his dubious reputation.

Regardless of previous actions or reputation, there shouldn't be a separate rule book for Burfict. The refs should have integrity or they're no better than Burfict. The writer of the article seems to agree.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Regardless of previous actions or reputation, there shouldn't be a separate rule book for Burfict. The refs should have integrity or they're no better than Burfict. The writer of the article seems to agree.

Oh sure, there shouldn't be. That's a position an outsider can take. It's not the best position for Burfict to take though. I'd rather have him acknowledging he oversteps the line sometimes instead of claiming he's just on that line and the refs are on to him and they are to blame for his struggles. That's not the entire truth.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh sure, there shouldn't be. That's a position an outsider can take. It's not the best position for Burfict to take though. I'd rather have him acknowledging he oversteps the line sometimes instead of claiming he's just on that line and the refs are on to him and they are to blame for his struggles. That's not the entire truth.

Reading his quotes, I don't think he was suggesting he's a victim of the refs, and they're to blame for his suspensions, etc. Or anything of the sort.

He was just pointing out what's going on. He owned his previous actions.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Reading his quotes, I don't think he was suggesting he's a victim of the refs, and they're to blame for his suspensions, etc. Or anything of the sort.

He was just pointing out what's going on. He owned his previous actions.

I read it again now... well, maybe he does, I'm still not so sure. Also, I am no fan of the article. The gif of his ejection probably deliberately misses the part where he stepped on the Titan player's arm. Doing that and then making a fuzz about refs is not the ideal way to process the whole scene (even if this arm-stepping wasn't the cause for his ejection, which itself indeed looks a bit over the top). It doesn't help his cause and is the thing he should reflect about first and foremost. 
(Also, the 15 yards before that have been called on other players in similar situations as well. That's too thin to use as evidence for a ref conspiracy.)

Video
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 06:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If it was Burfict saying this alone, I'd say he was just talking to cover his ass. However, AJ Green is the first one who made this accusation and I don't see him being a guy to just go out and stir the pot for no reason. I think Green is just sick of Marvin, sick of the losing and at this point he's done being the quiet nice guy. He is just going to say what he thinks and I am all for that.

Here is the link to the story if anyone wants to read more:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vontaze-burfict-claims-that-nfl-refs-are-trying-to-provoke-him-to-get-into-trouble/

Do you have a link to AJ Green making the accusation? Didn't see it in this link.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is clearly the victim of an NFL conspiracy to ruin the Bengals. If he played for the Steelers, he would have won NFL Man of the Year by now. #scam #fixisin
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 08:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: I read it again now... well, maybe he does, I'm still not so sure. Also, I am no fan of the article. The gif of his ejection probably deliberately misses the part where he stepped on the Titan player's arm. Doing that and then making a fuzz about refs is not the ideal way to process the whole scene (even if this arm-stepping wasn't the cause for his ejection, which itself indeed looks a bit over the top). It doesn't help his cause and is the thing he should reflect about first and foremost. 
(Also, the 15 yards before that have been called on other players in similar situations as well. That's too thin to use as evidence for a ref conspiracy.)

Video

We all want to believe he 'accidentally' stepped on that dudes arm 3 times. Cmon Burfict, just stop lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh sure, there shouldn't be. That's a position an outsider can take. It's not the best position for Burfict to take though. I'd rather have him acknowledging he oversteps the line sometimes instead of claiming he's just on that line and the refs are on to him and they are to blame for his struggles. That's not the entire truth.
Hillary has added Burfict to her list of reasons why she lost to Trump. [joke]

The same way Mike Brown never includes himself for this dumpster fire franchise. [no joke]
Reply/Quote
Just more evidence Burfict refuses to accept any responsibility for his own actions.
Reply/Quote
Yes, I believe him. Burfict just plays hard football, and is misunderstood by the league and it's officials.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes, I don’t doubt it for a second. I don’t know why everyone seems to have a hard time believing it to be honest. Must just be that they automatically don’t believe anything Burfict says. Just because he may take a few dirty actions after the play doesn’t mean every word he says is a lie

I just doubt the refs are cussing at him and baiting him.

More like the Offensive players on the other team.

Just was a very broad paint brush painting in the OP...

The refs and Offensive players are definately after him and he is treated different than any other player on D in the league which is BS.

He is just old school and everyone is scared of him cause he hits too hard. Not last game though.

Needs to step up his play honestly, thought he would be great this year.
Reply/Quote
I'm not defending Burfict's own actions, but I've seen refs grab him and get in his face a few times this year. Behavior you usually don't see from refs.
Reply/Quote