Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone buy this...
Burfict quit standing over dudes. quit stepping on dudes. quit being an all around scum bucket.

Play football. Make a play. Go back to huddle. Repeat
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The thing that bothers me most about Burfict and what is happening, is that is cheapens the integrity of the game.

The fact that they admit that history of the player affects the way they are penalized in the game is complete BS.

A penalty should be a penalty.

If this is not the case then you play favoritism which is what is also happening for QBs and WRs around the league.

It's not some Bengals conspiracy.

It's an NFL flaw of how the game is progressing.

I for one hate it and it's REALLY turning me off from my desire to watch it.

Officiate the damn game properly for crap's sake!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm done with Burfict. He comes with all of the baggage and he has played like crap this year. Maybe if he was still on an elite level I would feel worse about his mistreatment.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:08 PM)treee Wrote: I'm done with Burfict. He comes with all of the baggage and he has played like crap this year. Maybe if he was still on an elite level I would feel worse about his mistreatment.

I am done with bargain drafted bad boys too.  Smack
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 07:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: NBA had refs that cheated it up, you can't seriously believe the NFL has totally clean players, coaches, referees, and employees top to bottom. Where there's massive money, there are dishonest people.
Here's the way I see it...

Most all the refs are professional people in private life... Doctors, judges,  lawyers, corporate executives, business owners, etc.  The rule was (not sure if it still is) that their salary for being a ref cannot exceed 50% of their regular 'day job" salary... The average salary of refs is $147,000.00, which means these guys are already making a boatload of money well before their ref pay. The idea is that no ref actually needs the money.  Refs are not employees of the NFL, they are independent contractors (though that all may change  if they hire full timers) .

It just makes no sense to me that they would purposely jeopardize their personal livelihoods, lifestyles, community and family standing,  corporate and charitable board memberships,  etc, etc, which they would certainly lose, if caught in some cheating scandal or team / player bias. For what? What do they have to gain? And as we know from the NBA...sooner or later you get caught.  Making "phantom" calls, etc only hurts themselves and affects their performance score and permanent record. 

Just because Burfict is on a short leash is not cheating. He has a history of trying to hurt opponents. He should be on a short leash. It's like the cops in your neighborhood. They know exactly who the troublemakers are, who has a history of causing trouble, and you can bet they keep a sharper eye on them than other folks. It is what it is...if you don't like it, then you shouldn't have given them cause.

I truly believe, in reality,  if there really was some kind of conspiracy to "get" certain teams or players or to 'favor' certain teams (as if they really care) it would have surfaced pretty quickly. Someone would have wanted no part of it and gone public by now. 

Now, when NFL hires full time refs that are actually employees of the league, that might be a different conversation.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:08 PM)treee Wrote: I'm done with Burfict. He comes with all of the baggage and he has played like crap this year. Maybe if he was still on an elite level I would feel worse about his mistreatment.
Who hasn’t?

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who hasn’t?

The whole defensive line. Which makes Burfict's shortcomings even worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:33 PM)BMK Wrote: Here's the way I see it...

Most all the refs are professional people in private life... Doctors, judges,  lawyers, corporate executives, business owners, etc.  The rule was (not sure if it still is) that their salary for being a ref cannot exceed 50% of their regular 'day job" salary... The average salary of refs is $147,000.00, which means these guys are already making a boatload of money well before their ref pay. The idea is that no ref actually needs the money.  Refs are not employees of the NFL, they are independent contractors (though that all may change  if they hire full timers) .

It just makes no sense to me that they would purposely jeopardize their personal livelihoods, lifestyles, community and family standing,  corporate and charitable board memberships,  etc, etc, which they would certainly lose, if caught in some cheating scandal or team / player bias. For what? What do they have to gain? And as we know from the NBA...sooner or later you get caught.  Making "phantom" calls, etc only hurts themselves and affects their performance score and permanent record. 

Just because Burfict is on a short leash is not cheating. He has a history of trying to hurt opponents. He should be on a short leash. It's like the cops in your neighborhood. They know exactly who the troublemakers are, who has a history of causing trouble,  and you can bet they keep a sharper eye on them than other folks. It is what it is...if you don't like it, then you shouldn't have given them cause.

I truly believe, in reality,  if there really was some kind of conspiracy to "get" certain teams or players or to 'favor' certain teams (as if they really care) it would have surfaced pretty quickly. Someone would have wanted no part of it and gone public by now. 

Now, when NFL hires full time refs that are actually employees of the league, that might be a different conversation.

Do you know these guys personally? How would you know for sure? I think if anybody really thinks there's not favoritism atleast or some type of rigging ,you are just blind lol. Th eres too much that points to it,and the rules help it's causes. You could basically call holding on any play. So if there's a big play,oh I'm sorry I seen holding there,bring it back. And nothing nobody can say or do about it. The refs seem to make rules up on the spot too . Like the tuck rule,and our playoff game,and just come out and say we are adding that next year sorry about that. Comical
Reply/Quote

Just because Burfict is on a short leash is not cheating. He has a history of trying to hurt opponents. He should be on a short leash. It's like the cops in your neighborhood. They know exactly who the troublemakers are, who has a history of causing trouble,  and you can bet they keep a sharper eye on them than other folks. It is what it is...if you don't like it, then you shouldn't have given them cause.

Also what ref is going to come out and say yeah I called wrong stuff on purpose. He'd be out of a job.and probably out of his pension from the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 11:05 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Do you know these guys personally? How would you know for sure? I think if anybody really thinks there's not favoritism atleast or some type of rigging ,you are just blind lol. Th eres too much that points to it,and the rules help it's causes. You could basically call holding on any play. So if there's a big play,oh I'm sorry I seen holding there,bring it back. And nothing nobody can say or do about it. The refs seem to make rules up on the spot too . Like the tuck rule,and our playoff game,and just come out and say we are adding that next year sorry about that. Comical

Ah yes, that was a good one. What was the phrase, because he "squared up" before he speared Geo helmet to helmet, that it was not a penalty?
Reply/Quote
Anyone see the video of what got him ejected?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKJ2i7Ke6E&feature=youtu.be

He's helping Pacman up, Titan pushes him, he turns and just looks at the guy, Ref "separates" the two in that he puts his hands on Burfict who isn't doing anything and then Burfict looks like he reaches for his helmet, ref throws the flag, ejects Burfict.

I think it is perfectly clear that the refs are targeting him.
Reply/Quote
He also steps on Pacman's leg and Pacman's reaction is hilarious, this is like that Grayson Allen kid from Duke, except that guy is only a child.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 07:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: NBA had refs that cheated it up, you can't seriously believe the NFL has totally clean players, coaches, referees, and employees top to bottom. Where there's massive money, there are dishonest people.

I remember thinking that when companies like GM (Not taking a shot at them...we are very loyal to GM as they "put bread on the table" most of my youth as my father retired from there as an engineer) have over 500,000 people they employ.  There is bound to be a few borderline geniuses that will rise to the top and run the company.  

But that isn't how it happens at all.  In my experiences, the folks that rise to the very top of the company are the ones willing to uproot their family to take promotions, willing to stab some folks in the back, always tilt the numbers so they look like the heroes, and take credit for a lot of other peoples work.   (again, not trying to flame anyone, being willing to move ones family does not make you a bad person at all, but you get the other stuff).

They want power over quality of life and they crave to be on top.  Once they get there, they are often exposed because they don't really know what they are doing and they run the company in to the ground.  

I have seen it first hand in a VERY large pharmaceutical company.  A woman that couldn't create a business plan for a single therapy got promoted to the top and destroyed a lot of peoples jobs.  She was absolutely clueless but played the game, took credit at every opportunity for other folks ideas and strategies as her own (yes, I am speaking of me...which I gladly passed to her as I like where I am because it allows me to still coach in the evenings....it limits me, but I can do very well because I am good at what I do and when I can help my company in any way, I am sure to do so...).  The way she stood on stage and described how she came up with this idea was a complete farce.  I mean, she actually told a story and made it sound like she had this huge breakthrough.  It would have been nice to have her say "Steve, stand up...this idea came from the field...he designed it, executed it through focus groups, and is changing the way we do business and I love that he cares enough about his company to come to me with an idea".  I didn't need the so-called pat on the back, but to bold face lie in front of the CEO of our company?  Wow...that took stones. 

My lengthy story is trying to prove the point that the corruption is so deep.  It just isn't entertaining any longer.  I hope Goodell and all the cronies get exposed and thrown in jail some day, but I can guarantee you that they are almost immune because of what and who they own.  
Reply/Quote

The NFL did hire 21 full time officials for this season, out of the 124 roster of officials.  
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Anyone see the video of what got him ejected?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKJ2i7Ke6E&feature=youtu.be

He's helping Pacman up, Titan pushes him, he turns and just looks at the guy, Ref "separates" the two in that he puts his hands on Burfict who isn't doing anything and then Burfict looks like he reaches for his helmet, ref throws the flag, ejects Burfict.

I think it is perfectly clear that the refs are targeting him.

Yaaaaa but he was 'clumsy' enough to step on the Titans guys arm about 3 times. I don't think Vontaze was completely innocent there.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 11:50 AM)jason Wrote: Remember when Vontaze Burfict made plays?

Yes, it was before the Minter injury.

I think the lack of talent in the other LB's makes it difficult for Burfict to shine. Just my opinion though.
Reply/Quote

And if it were the league telling these refs to target Burfict????
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:33 PM)BMK Wrote: He has a history of trying to hurt opponents. He should be on a short leash. It's like the cops in your neighborhood. They know exactly who the troublemakers are, who has a history of causing trouble,  and you can bet they keep a sharper eye on them than other folks. It is what it is...if you don't like it, then you shouldn't have given them cause.

[Image: dh_clarke-20120904073454466032-620x349.jpg]

Reply/Quote