Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn’t seem to be a lot of oline depth this year
Lindebaum is my favorite, but I think him and Ekwenu will be picked earlier. Any other player no one is really talking about?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 05:05 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: Lindebaum is my favorite, but I think him and Ekwenu will be picked earlier. Any other player no one is really talking about?

I think WR and Edge are the deepest spots. McShay does as well.  He gave honorable mention to TE and CB. 

After Ekwenu, I think Kenyon Green (Texas A&M) is the highest rated OG. He could be in our range.  

Some of the OTs after Neal & Cross would be Penning (N. Iowa) of Petit-Frere (Ohio State).  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 05:05 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: Lindebaum is my favorite, but I think him and Ekwenu will be picked earlier. Any other player no one is really talking about?

Charles Cross is an OT who could be available when Bengals pick in Rd 1.
Trevor Penning is a big RT from Northern Iowa that some people like. Very physical, but plays in a weaker conference.
Nicholas Petit-Frere is an athletic, versatile OT from Ohio St that's debated between late Rd 1 and Rd 2. Stigma of recent Ohio St OL could make people nervous though.
Jaxson Kirkland is someone who is expected to go between late 1st and late 2nd, could play RT or OG.
Daniel Faalele is a mammoth RT who needs some refinement but could go in 2nd round or early 3rd. Athletic for his size but still somewhat slower/clunky than the ultra-athletic OTs.
Darion Kinnard is a big RT from Kentucky who is a mauler but may need to play OG at the NFL level.
Zion Nelson, OT from Miami, is very athletic and has good length, but he needs to build up more muscle. Expected to go on Day 2 or possibly Rd 4.
A PFF sleeper is Louisiana RT Max Mitchell, who was their highest-graded OT this year with a 94.8 overall grade. Expected currently to be a mid-round pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm a big Nicholas Petit-Frere fan for the Bengals. He can be plugged into any system or play either side. Exactly what the Bengals need... of course he's starting to climb draft boards. I've seen him as high as 11 and inside the top 15 alot lately.

Charles Cross is my "big ?" Prospect of the year. He comes out of that Mike Leach system that doesnt ask much run blocking so while he has been 100x the pass blocker he was in 2020 we still have no idea what he will look like as a run blocker. He's the same as Andre Dillard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Petit-Frere reminds me of Alex Leatherwood and other prototypical 5 Star LT (Seantrel Henderson, Greg Little). Tevin Jenkins (who many here wanted including me) proved this season that NFL will call holding calls that don’t get called at CFB level and OSU game scares me when incorporating that with the performance that Hutchinson put on him.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 05:57 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm a big Nicholas Petit-Frere fan for the Bengals. He can be plugged into any system or play either side. Exactly what the Bengals need... of course he's starting to climb draft boards. I've seen him as high as 11 and inside the top 15 alot lately.

Charles Cross is my "big ?" Prospect of the year. He comes out of that Mike Leach system that doesnt ask much run blocking so while he has been 100x the pass blocker he was in 2020 we still have no idea what he will look like as a run blocker. He's the same as Andre Dillard.

I don't know what those guys are watching with Petit-Frere.  He's been bad down the stretch.  I want nothing to do with him,
Reply/Quote
With Jonah, Prince, Adeniji, Fred, Carman, and D'ante I feel better about T depth than I do G depth. This might be the year we steal some stud iOL.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:15 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: With Jonah, Prince, Adeniji, Fred, Carman, and D'ante I feel better about T depth than I do G depth. This might be the year we steal some stud iOL.

Prince is bad.
Fred Johnson is set to hit FA.
Smith, Carman, and Adeniji are all being played at OG. Perhaps one of them swings out next year though.
Personally, I would be nervous if any of these guys was starting RT for the Bengals.
Adeniji would probably give me the most confidence, but I only see him as a solid-at-best kinda player.
I'd personally like to get someone who I'd have confidence in being an above average starting RT.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 10:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't know what those guys are watching with Petit-Frere.  He's been bad down the stretch.  I want nothing to do with him,

Michigan State was Petit-Frere best game of his college career he was dominant as a run blocker. I believe that was his second to last game with his last his worst game of his college career and that was vs Aiden Hutchinson/Michigan. The only other game this season Nicholas Petit-Frere had any issues he gave up a couple pressures and a TFL vs Penn State's Arnold Ebiketie.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

imagine the premium on quality OL guys when the league expands to more teams
Reply/Quote
I don't really want to roll the dice with a rookie starter this year. I'm hoping we fill in the line with a vet and use the draft to get some "speed" guys on defense.

CB
LB
Edge
Interior pass rusher

That being said, I wouldn't pass on a top RT or RG.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't really want to roll the dice with a rookie starter this year.  I'm hoping we fill in the line with a vet and use the draft to get some "speed" guys on defense.

CB
LB
Edge
Interior pass rusher

That being said, I wouldn't pass on a top RT or RG.

If the Bengals were to go after an OL to be a starter, they better already be heavily experienced playing that position.
I don't want to bank on converting to a new position like the Bengals tried with Carman this year.
It can be a difficult transition that could take a year (or longer) before fully settling into.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Faalele from Minnesota. Dude is 6’9 380 and has only played five years but is really good right now. I think he has massive upside aside from being a massive man. I get some Jordan Mailata feels from him in terms of where he could end up.
Reply/Quote
I'll just leave this here...

Reply/Quote
Bernhard Raimann OT Central Michigan has popped up on some day 2 lists.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/bernhard-raimann-central-michigan-ot-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

He's an older prospect, though, which is one of the knocks on him.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:00 AM)Synric Wrote: I'll just leave this here...

I wouldn't hate seeing him do that to TJ Watt.
Reply/Quote
Here's a dumb question: If the team feels good about the rest of the roster and perhaps addresses the defense in FA (as they have for the last 2 years), what kind of capital would it cost them to move up and snag Evan Neal to plug in on the right side?

I know we will need to develop talent for when the core guys are due for extensions, but getting the rookie tackle would be a lot cheaper than paying for a top end one on the open market. I just honestly don't know what they'd have to give up, and I'd guess it would likely be a lot.

We're at the point where the roster is being fine tuned and it's a matter of holes being filled, which is a bit unfamiliar to this team lately. if they're serious about putting assets toward keeping the QB upright, then it's going to be a choice between paying huge money to a vet or spending serious draft capital.

In the same vein, it might be a better idea to see if they could make a less drastic move and grab Linderbaum if he's still hanging around in the late teens. That would allow them to cut Hopkins and save a decent chunk as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:07 AM)samhain Wrote: Here's a dumb question: If the team feels good about the rest of the roster and perhaps addresses the defense in FA (as they have for the last 2 years), what kind of capital would it cost them to move up and snag Evan Neal to plug in on the right side?  

I know we will need to develop talent for when the core guys are due for extensions, but getting the rookie tackle would be a lot cheaper than paying for a top end one on the open market.  I just honestly don't know what they'd have to give up, and I'd guess it would likely be a lot.

We're at the point where the roster is being fine tuned and it's a matter of holes being filled, which is a bit unfamiliar to this team lately.  if they're serious about putting assets toward keeping the QB upright, then it's going to be a choice between paying huge money to a vet or spending serious draft capital.

In the same vein, it might be a better idea to see if they could make a less drastic move and grab Linderbaum if he's still hanging around in the late teens.  That would allow them to cut Hopkins and save a decent chunk as well.

Depends where Neal goes, but let's assume safely need to move to 5th overall.
The 5th overall pick is valued at 1700 points.
The Bengals first rounder is going to be as low as 590 (if they win SB) to 875 (if they lose this weekend and somehow end up with the highest draft pick).
A 2nd rounder in that range is 300-400 points.
When trading a future draft pick (e.g. 2023 draft), it's expected that you consider the value of that pick about the same as a round below it this year.
So a 1st rounder next year is the equivalent of a 2nd rounder this year.

With all that said, it would likely cost the Bengals (at least) their 1st and 2nd this year plus next year's 1st.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yeah this isn't looking like a good year for us in hopes of improving the line next season.

There's probably not going to be a good option for us in the first. I do like Zion Nelson out of Miami, but not sure if he's coming out or if he'd be there at the end of the second. His projections are kind of everywhere, but I like that he progressively got better.

The short of it, though, is we need to hope someone on the roster steps up and we get lucky in FA.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 08:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Faalele from Minnesota. Dude is 6’9 380 and has only played five years but is really good right now. I think he has massive upside aside from being a massive man. I get some Jordan Mailata feels from him in terms of where he could end up.

I like Faalele and Kinnard. Both would improve depth and have a good chance at starting sooner than later.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote