Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dolegala vs Finley
Who ya got for backup, Dolegala or Finley? (Andy Dalton will be a backup somewhere else).

For me, it's Dolegala. I think he beats out Finley for the backup job. At last he can throw the ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Neither. We need a legitimate backup.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Neither. We need a legitimate backup.

Okay.  I should have included this third option.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:29 PM)McC Wrote: For me, it's Dolegala.  I think he beats out Finley for the backup job.  At last he can throw the ball.

That's what everyone said about Finley also before they saw him in real games.

If Dalton is gone I think we sign Matt Moore.  He played for Taylor in Miami.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That's what everyone said about Finley also before they saw him in real games.

If Dalton is gone I think we sign Matt Moore.  He played for Taylor in Miami.

I heard he took early Social Security and can only make an extra $14,000 a year.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Dalton is gone I think we sign Matt Moore.  He played for Taylor in Miami.

That would be a perfect signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Neither. We need a legitimate backup.
Doubt if this happens. Zac and Duke said before the combine that they have no use for a vet backup because whoever the starter is, is already surrounded by former QBs on the coaching staff...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:16 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Doubt if this happens. Zac and Duke said before the combine that they have no use for a vet backup because whoever the starter is, is already surrounded by former QBs on the coaching staff...

What good do those guys do us if Burrow gets injured?  Which one of them is going to suit up?
Reply/Quote
I would prefer a vet backup because there's a lot of good ones in FA this year, but since the FO has already said that's not happening...

Dolololologelala.

We know Finley is awful and doesn't have the arm to play, so there's no reason to keep him around.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wish we could get Fitzy back as backup, but I'll take Dolegala over Finley. I'm not sure FInley can heave it far enough to hit a full stride AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 05:16 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Doubt if this happens. Zac and Duke said before the combine that they have no use for a vet backup because whoever the starter is, is already surrounded by former QBs on the coaching staff...

Dalton didn't benefit from having his first offensive minded HC and a QB friendly staff, though. 

Going into 2019 ZT was supposed to revitalize the Marvin and Zampese/Lazor-dulled Dalton so it's hard for me to be super confident Burrow will be fine with just Finley in his ear. 
Reply/Quote

Yup

When the smoke clears after the draft they may pick up some cheap vet but it doesn't seem backup QB is very high on the list. If it comes down to Dolegala and Finley I'd take Dolegala right quick.
Reply/Quote
Too soon to write off Finley.

Never judge a QB by his rookie season, especially when it is with the worst team in the league.
Reply/Quote

Those coaches could probably beat out Finley in an open competition for his roster spot though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too soon to write off Finley.

Never judge a QB by his rookie season, especially when it is with the worst team in the league.

Still, it seems unlikely his arm will ever be good enough.

Reply/Quote
Odds are against Finley since he's pretty much tapped out athletically. I'd like to see what Dolegala can do in camp with the 2s.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:29 PM)McC Wrote: Who ya got for backup, Dolegala or Finley?  (Andy Dalton will be a backup somewhere else).

For me, it's Dolegala.  I think he beats out Finley for the backup job.  At last he can throw the ball.

Of the two you obviously pick Dolegala.

Noodle arm will not cut it period.
Reply/Quote
I’ll take Dolegala any day over Finley.
Reply/Quote
You know it will be Finley. Taylor won’t want to give up on his on guy he moved up to get.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You know it will be Finley. Taylor won’t want to give up on his on guy he moved up to get.

Hope he learns as he seems to of with the moves that have been made so far.

You have to have a decent arm in the NFL.
Reply/Quote