Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolphins, Patriots, Lions Could Help Bengals Bye-Week
(11-14-2021, 07:05 PM)Whacked Wrote: I missed it. What happened.
Lions miss a game winning FG?
How far away?

42-45, but it came out looking horrible. Rain/sleet, that kicker never kicked one over 35 before. OT. Came up well short and was very low, probably good from 35 yards out.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:05 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That was one heck of an entertaining game to watch.  Since the Bengals didn't play this week I'm glad that game was on in my area.  Sure I would have liked it if the Steelers lost.  I'll take the tie though.    Another interesting week in the NFL.  Ravens lost to the Dolphins, Buccaneers lost to the WFT,  Browns got blown out by the Patriots, and Steelers tied with the Lions.

We got the Clowns/Pats here.  That was also very, very entertaining Hilarious
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:05 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That was one heck of an entertaining game to watch.  Since the Bengals didn't play this week I'm glad that game was on in my area.  Sure I would have liked it if the Steelers lost.  I'll take the tie though.    Another interesting week in the NFL.  Ravens lost to the Dolphins, Buccaneers lost to the WFT,  Browns got blown out by the Patriots, and Steelers tied with the Lions.

Yeah, from week to week, you can't predict what the hell will happen in the NFL this season. It's been crazy so far.
Reply/Quote

Yep. Watching the Steelers stumble and bumble around against one of the two worst teams in the league, on their own field, was entertaining. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:07 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We got the Clowns/Pats here.  That was also very, very entertaining Hilarious

Browns now 2-5 versus teams that currently have a winning record.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:07 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We got the Clowns/Pats here.  That was also very, very entertaining Hilarious

I was flipping back and forth all day. It was a double dip of enjoyment. Well worth the price of admission!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 06:06 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: And they do it with no more talent than the Bengals have. Especially after the Bengals spent a quarter of a billion on that side of the ball. 

This is true.

However, I need to explain WHY New England’s defense plays flawlessly because it’s not apparent to the casual observer. First of all, Bill Belichick runs the defense himself. THE PATRIOTS DO NOT HAVE A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR! They don’t need one.

“The Patriot Way” on defense means every individual executes exactly what Bill wants perfectly. No team tackles better. No team sheds blocks better. No team covers tight ends and running backs catching passes out of the backfield better. Bill says when to play man, when to play zone, and when to do a little of each. You do it his way or you get cut.

The Patriots aren’t flashy. They do nothing special. Their defensive schemes are not spectacular nor innovative. The players make almost zero mistakes. That’s the secret sauce.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 42-45, but it came out looking horrible. Rain/sleet, that kicker never kicked one over 35 before. OT. Came up well short and was very low, probably good from 35 yards out.

Arggg. Thanks.

This 1/2 game crap will come back to bite us on the butt. Watch.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: Arggg. Thanks.

This 1/2 game crap will come back to bite us on the butt. Watch.

Nope.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is true.

However, I need to explain WHY New England’s defense plays flawlessly because it’s not apparent to the casual observer.  First of all, Bill Belichick runs the defense himself. THE PATRIOTS DO NOT HAVE A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!  They don’t need one.  

“The Patriot Way” on defense means every individual executes exactly what Bill wants perfectly.  No team tackles better.  No team sheds blocks better.  No team covers tight ends and running backs catching passes out of the backfield better.  Bill says when to play man, when to play zone, and when to do a little of each.  You do it his way or you get cut.

The Patriots aren’t flashy.  They do nothing special.  Their defensive schemes are not spectacular nor innovative.  The players make almost zero mistakes.  That’s the secret sauce.

You just about described the Bengals on defense through week 7. And then Mike White happened.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Vikings at 3-5 only team in league to lead by 7+ in every game
Reply/Quote
Titans and Patriots are looking like the best 2 teams in the AFC right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, from week to week, you can't predict what the hell will happen in the NFL this season. It's been crazy so far.

Carolina is up 20 on Arizona and the Vikings are Beating the Chargers by 10.   Shocked

Reply/Quote
Vikings take a 13-3 lead after a Herbert INT is returned to the 5.

This could wind up being the best Bye week the Bengals have ever had. Now they NEED to come out and crush the Raiders. They have to make teams forget the last two games.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Carolina is up 20 on Arizona and the Vikings are Beating the Chargers by 10.   Shocked

Yes but Colt McCoy QB in AZ, xD. C Newton with 2 TDs, unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Carolina is up 20 on Arizona and the Vikings are Beating the Chargers by 10.   Shocked

[Image: crazy-crazy-pills.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:18 PM)Whacked Wrote: Titans and Patriots are looking like the best 2 teams in the AFC right now.

And bills
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:20 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Vikings take a 13-3 lead after a Herbert INT is returned to the 5.

This could wind up being the best Bye week the Bengals have ever had. Now they NEED to come out and crush the Raiders. They have to make teams forget the last two games.

[Image: th?id=OIP._0ktgy0FaF8X5jE_xLj3lwHaJl&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: th?id=OIP.kXsp6Hi58ZS03BDY9WLApwHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: th?id=OIP.PuuwE-c_INjwdcSWBep6BwHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: th?id=OIP.W4uWifDXY1eel9v1T-RKqAHaE_&pid...=231&h=157]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well we got 5/6 of what they wanted from opposing teams over the bye week. And if Detroit was even a halfway decent team they would have gotten it all. We picked up ground on everyone (1/2 game on Stains and Rats and .25 on Stealers). Now they have to come out and win.
Reply/Quote
Me thinks I want the Raiders to beat the Chiefs tonight so they aren’t so desperate next week against us? Lol. I know. Twisted logic from a long time Bengal fan.
Reply/Quote