Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dolphins, Patriots, Lions Could Help Bengals Bye-Week
(11-14-2021, 07:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: crazy-crazy-pills.gif]

Just an opinion but i think the Bengals throttled the Ravens then spent the week listening to everyone say how great and legit they are. Then they thought they could throw their helmets on the field and beat the Jets, then after that loss, they were so embarrassed that they came out tentative against the Browns. 

Now they have time to sit back, regroup and come out strong against the Raiders and make a run.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 06:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Pittsburg BARELY squeaking it out against the Lions in 1st place and absolutely it's all legit? C'mon man.. If you're going to even try to lend some credibility to it at least attempt to make it believable.  NFL has lost all credibility with this nonsense or at least it damned sure should. 

Steelers did NOT win, Gramps
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
damn you justin Herbert
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 08:03 PM)kevin Wrote: Steelers did NOT win, Gramps

And they're not in first place.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is this thread the "replacement Gameday thread"? A place where fans can come bytch about the team for no rational reason. 

We have a chance of ending the weekend .5 game out of first and reading this thread one would think we haven't won a game all year.

I don't know, is it the "replacement Gameday thread?"  I know it's a thread where I can voice my opinions and thoughts.  If you don't like what I have to say...ignore it!  Are you the thread popo?
Reply/Quote
This from NFL.com about last weeks Steelers-Bears game admitting they blew multiple calls.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-officials-acknowledge-refs-erred-on-multiple-calls-against-bears-in-week-9-l

I watched the Steelers game today and you could see how painful it was for Referee Land Clark to have to call those penalties on the Steelers. He made faces when he had to call a penalty on the Steelers, like he really didn't want to call them but the other officials threw the flag so he had to.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 08:14 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I don't know, is it the "replacement Gameday thread?"  I know it's a thread where I can voice my opinions and thoughts.  If you don't like what I have to say...ignore it!  Are you the thread popo?

Nah, not the thread popo...just making an observation; you know "my opinions and thoughts"..If I were the popo I'd say:

This is Jungle Noise, for Bengal Fans only..GTFO..

But since I'm not thread popo..I'll just make observations. Seems like a lot of bytching about a team that is .05 game out of first place and have a win in hand on those in front of them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Philly up, Vikings up. Day not over yet.
Reply/Quote
TD Minny! Everything rolling our way.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Need a Chiefs win tonight
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 08:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Philly up, Vikings up. Day not over yet.

Anyone else notice the Vikes “almost” win every dang game lol
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 08:56 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else notice the Vikes “almost” win every dang game lol

They said earlier Vikings are the only team to be up 7+ points in every game this season. Their record is 3-5.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They said earlier Vikings are the only team to be up 7+ points in every game this season. Their record is 3-5.

Horrible !!
Reply/Quote
Vikings and Eagles both win.
Reply/Quote
Vikes get it done :)
Reply/Quote
Wow. Couldn’t really ask for a much better Bye week for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Wow. Couldn’t really ask for a much better Bye week for the Bengals.

A Steelers loss would have been a bit better.  But a tie is okay as well.   But yeah the Bengals kind of won during their week off after two bad losses.   Let's hope they come back from the bye pissed off and fired up.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 08:36 PM)FastEddie Wrote: This from NFL.com about last weeks Steelers-Bears game admitting they blew multiple calls.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-officials-acknowledge-refs-erred-on-multiple-calls-against-bears-in-week-9-l

I watched the Steelers game today and you could see how painful it was for Referee Land Clark to have to call those penalties on the Steelers. He made faces when he had to call a penalty on the Steelers, like he really didn't want to call them but the other officials threw the flag so he had to.

Sorry we screwed up but doesn't change anything. 

Come out and say "our bad" but it doesn't matter after the calls let the team win. 

Total crap.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 09:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sorry we screwed up but doesn't change anything. 

Come out and say "our bad" but it doesn't matter after the calls let the team win. 

Total crap.

It always feels like watching any Steelers game, the Steelers have 18 players on the field including the officials. And it's not just a Bengals problem. That Chicago game was perfect evidence.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 07:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just an opinion but i think the Bengals throttled the Ravens then spent the week listening to everyone say how great and legit they are. Then they thought they could throw their helmets on the field and beat the Jets, then after that loss, they were so embarrassed that they came out tentative against the Browns. 

Now they have time to sit back, regroup and come out strong against the Raiders and make a run.

Here's my opinion that, for whatever in the hell it's worth. 

Going into the Jets game, they were feeling extremely confident (riding high on all the hype) because they had just blown out the Lions and Ravens in back to back weeks by a combined score of 75-28 and were on a 4-1 run since the Bears loss. 

The Jets game was also their 3rd straight on the road and they had put out a ton of effort and energy in the blowouts, so I think there was also an element of lag, flatness (whatever you want to call out) when they took the field in NY. Just not the same level of energy or fire from the previous weeks.

Defensively, they planned for what they had seen on tape from NY to that point in the season. Except, that's not what they got when NY took the field. Instead, they literally borrowed and executed the Patriots offensive game plan from the week before where they got humiliated, which the Bengals D and staff was not prepared for at all...and couldn't really adjust to, for whatever reason.

All that combined led to a Jets upset and a very heartbreaking loss for the Bengals.

Then they go back home and face the Browns, having been dealt a pretty good blow to their confidence the week before, I felt going into the game that they needed to come out strong and take an early lead to that Jets game out of their minds. That didn't happen. Instead, the pick six was a huge momentum / emotional shift right out of the gate. To their credit, they came right back and tied it up...but then, a combination of mistakes on their part and big plays on the Browns part led to it getting out of hand pretty quickly.

It happens. In fact, it's happened a lot this season and to quite a few teams with winning records right now. Good teams have also suffered upsets in the past few weeks...some have been mind boggling.

I think the reason a lot of people have been so negative and frustrated is because the Bengals had those 2 things happen in back to back weeks, so it makes it look worse. But, if they would look around the NFL this year, specifically the 12 playoff contenders right now in the AFC, they would see that just about every team outside of the of the Titans and Patriots have either had a blowout loss or an upset loss, and some teams have had both. It puts things in a little more realistic perspective.

Speaking of the AFC playoff race...12 teams currently have at least 5 wins and only 1 team has more than 6. 
Of the 12, only 5 have a point differential of 30 or more. The Bengals are on of those.
The Bengals rank 5th in the AFC in both points scored and allowed per game. 

I guess what I'm saying is everything the Bengals want is there for the taking if they come out and coach / play their asses off these last 8 games, being more consistent on both sides of the ball. They have a golden opportunity in front of them to potentially win the division and/or also land a playoff spot. 

I think there's plenty of reason to still be fired up, and hopefully they come of the bye and KEEP us fired up over these last 2 months.

Sorry for being so damn longwinded.  Mellow
Reply/Quote