Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins fire Joe Philbin
Went 24-28 overall with 0 postseason appearances. Started this season 1-3.
Reply/Quote
Kinda surprised. I thought this was going to be a good year for them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:16 PM)Benton Wrote: Kinda surprised. I thought this was going to be a good year for them.

spent a whole lot of money on a DL not doing jack...

bring back Coyle. in case someone snatches Vance next year.
Reply/Quote
Philbin was not a AAA coach a la Belichick, but there are certainly worse coaches. The players made it abundantly clear yesterday that they wouldn't play for that coaching staff though.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 01:16 PM)Benton Wrote: Kinda surprised. I thought this was going to be a good year for them.

Bring in Suh in FA and the HC doesn't even make it out of week 5.
Reply/Quote
Not too surprised. I know some have been surprised that past two seasons when he survived from getting a pink slip.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Suh/Philbin = Haynesworth/Shanahan. Only in this case, the ownership sided with their disgruntled huge-contract player rather than the coach. It will be interesting to see if Suh produces with a new coaching staff. Frankly, I don't think pampering whining players is good for the NFL. It reminds me too much of the NBA. I know what Paul Brown would have had to say about this.

BTW- I can't recall the Bengals ever releasing a coach in mid-season. Does anyone else recall this happening here?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Philbin was a weak coach. suh needs a strong coach. Like Schwartz was for him. Say what you want about his record but he got those guys to play .
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 06:35 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: BTW- I can't recall the Bengals ever releasing a coach in mid-season. Does anyone else recall this happening here?

Dave Shula and Bruce Coslet quit during their respective seasons, however I don't recall any mid season HC firings in Bengal land.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 07:37 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Dave Shula and Bruce Coslet quit during their respective seasons, however I don't recall any mid season HC firings in Bengal land.

Coslett quit, but Shula was fired after that debacle in San Fransisco where they were up 21-0 and let the 49ers come back on them.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Coslett quit, but Shula was fired after that debacle in San Fransisco where they were up 21-0 and let the 49ers come back on them.

That's when coslet tanked it . He did enough all year to make sure Shula struggled. Then the 49ers game at half he just tanked it. I believe Joe Walter was the one who blew that whistle.

Shula got a shafting by his own coordinator.
Reply/Quote
Lose a game overseas, lose your job. See: Dennis Allen.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 02:49 AM)ZeGerman Wrote: Lose a game overseas, lose your job. See: Dennis Allen.

Pretty much this. There have been 12 coaches who have lost in this London series. 6 of those 12 have either been fired during or after the season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
Surprised that the new interim coach was the TE coach.

That makes it pretty clear that all the coordinators are sucking also.
Reply/Quote
Management and/or ownership has to share a bunch of the blame. How many coaches have they had there since Shula?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 07:32 PM)McC Wrote: Management and/or ownership has to share a bunch of the blame.  How many coaches have they had there since Shula?

Philbin was the 6th official HC for them since Shula. There have been some interim HCs sprinkled in there.
Reply/Quote