Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dolphins wanted Burrow really, really bad…
(02-02-2022, 01:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bring up race triggers people and they lose focus on the point. One of the points of the lawsuit is that the Dolphins brass were upset he didn't tank and assassination his character in order to fire him.

The race part comes from the Rooney rule failure and he has receipts from the text confirming the Giants had already decided on who they were hiring but need him to get round the Rooney rule. 

Also the race part comes from how coaches like he, Lovie Smith, old Lions coach, and even Houston coach don't get long leashes given the record they had when fired (with the exception of the Houston coach who had a bad record but certainly didn't deserve to be canned given what he walked into).

Also the number of African American coaches (that outweigh the number of non minority coaches) at the assistant coach level not really reflective the same way for the HC opportunities.
Look, I dont doubt racism exists in the NFL but the Giants had already interviewed 2 black coaches.
(02-02-2022, 01:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bring up race triggers people and they lose focus on the point. One of the points of the lawsuit is that the Dolphins brass were upset he didn't tank and assassination his character in order to fire him.

The race part comes from the Rooney rule failure and he has receipts from the text confirming the Giants had already decided on who they were hiring but need him to get round the Rooney rule. 

Also the race part comes from how coaches like he, Lovie Smith, old Lions coach, and even Houston coach don't get long leashes given the record they had when fired (with the exception of the Houston coach who had a bad record but certainly didn't deserve to be canned given what he walked into).

Also the number of African American coaches (that outweigh the number of non minority coaches) at the assistant coach level not really reflective the same way for the HC opportunities.

Can Marv getting the longest leash in history counter the point?  I think it's just team management.  Going to be very hard to prove race is the motivator at all in these scenarios, though it will certainly create some buzz.  

It would have been very interesting to see where Miami went if Brady had gone there.  Honestly, until the Tua move, I thought Miami was making the right moves in rebuilding. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm finding it very curious that so many people are all in on the "tanking" scandal idea, but almost nobody wants to acknowledge game fixing as if that's impossible..
My personal feelings are that games are indeed fixed and I'm glad that for once WE have the QB from central casting with the great story line instead of Tom Freaking Brady or Numbnuts Mahomes. lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(02-02-2022, 01:33 AM)BengalB Wrote: I agree. It's one of the weirdest things I have ever read. I also don't see BB texting like that with extra !!! and ??

He seems like a very brief, no punctuation texter.

Maybe his dog sent those texts.

[Image: bill-belichicks-dog.jpg]
(02-02-2022, 01:52 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Look, I dont doubt racism exists in the NFL but the Giants had already interviewed 2 black coaches.

I'm not arguing if it exists or doesn't. Just clarifying the details of the lawsuit and trying not to focus on the headline trigger "racism" tends to attract.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Talk about career suicide.

I mean, Flores is in all likelihood correct about most if not all of it, but look no further than Jon Gruden last year to see how the NFL protects its owners and throws everyone else to the wolves.
Quote:Can Marv getting the longest leash in history counter the point?  I think it's just team management.  Going to be very hard to prove race is the motivator at all in these scenarios, though it will certainly create some buzz.  
I bet the league is scared shitless the suit is going to open a whole cupboard full of canned worms.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(02-02-2022, 01:53 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Can Marv getting the longest leash in history counter the point?  I think it's just team management.  Going to be very hard to prove race is the motivator at all in these scenarios, though it will certainly create some buzz.  

It would have been very interesting to see where Miami went if Brady had gone there.  Honestly, until the Tua move, I thought Miami was making the right moves in rebuilding. 

Marvin would certainly help any claim/attack against MB.

I too thought Miami had been doing it the right way. But their owner is a little suspect, so none of these claims surprise me. 

I'm still surprised E.B didn't get a shot. Given the non playcallers that got jobs (so he not calling plays really isn't the issue). It definitely could be he has some really bad character (not enough to not have a job), but these things tend to look bad.

(02-02-2022, 01:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not arguing if it exists or doesn't. Just clarifying the details of the lawsuit and trying not to focus on the headline trigger "racism" tends to attract.

Racism is the main focus of the suit, but I bet the league owners are shittin bricks right about now just hoping nobody spills the game fixing beans. They're hoping someone threw out those canned worms long ago.. 

(02-02-2022, 01:56 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Talk about career suicide.

I mean, Flores is in all likelihood correct about most if not all of it, but look no further than Jon Gruden last year to see how the NFL protects its owners and throws everyone else to the wolves.

It is career suicide. And the timing is bad as he could have at least waited until all of the positions were filled as I thought he had a shot at the Houston opening. But waiting would have made his case stronger even if he didn't get a shot, another African American HC could have been named which would have hurt his argument.

On a side note. Just like those who make rape/sexual harassments claims and get their name and character dragged through the dirt. You might not agree with people who make these claims and none of us will ever know all the facts. But these people must really feel strongly about their feelings to do that to themselves. It is a significant sacrifice. 

You gotta admit it's not really hard to root against a handful of billionaires.. I know most of you are billionaires yourselves, but c'mon!  LOL

(02-02-2022, 01:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin would certainly help any claim/attack against MB.

I too thought Miami had been doing it the right way. But their owner is a little suspect, so none of these claims surprise me. 

I'm still surprised E.B didn't get a shot. Given the non playcallers that got jobs (so he not calling plays really isn't the issue). It definitely could be he has some really bad character (not enough to not have a job), but these things tend to look bad.

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/
(02-02-2022, 02:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: Racism is the main focus of the suit, but I bet the league owners are shittin bricks right about now just hoping nobody spills the game fixing beans. They're hoping someone threw out those canned worms long ago.. 

The paying to lose is the most damaging part, and will be a significant story. Everyone already realized Rooney rule had began to fail since this pretty much comes up every offseason. 

(02-02-2022, 01:54 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm finding it very curious that so many people are all in on the "tanking" scandal idea, but almost nobody wants to acknowledge game fixing as if that's impossible..
My personal feelings are that games are indeed fixed and I'm glad that for once WE have the QB from central casting with the great story line instead of Tom Freaking Brady or Numbnuts Mahomes. lol 

It's not impossible but it's unlikely the league makes money no matter who wins and as far as betting the way it's set up the house has the highest percentage to win. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(02-02-2022, 02:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: You gotta admit it's not really hard to root against a handful of billionaires.. I know most of you are billionaires yourselves, but c'mon!  LOL

Millionaires vs Billionaires... as someone who spends almost all my $40,000k salary on their product, it doesnt make a diff to me haha
(02-02-2022, 02:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: It is career suicide. And the timing is bad as he could have at least waited until all of the positions were filled as I thought he had a shot at the Houston opening. But waiting would have made his case stronger even if he didn't get a shot, another African American HC could have been named which would have hurt his argument.

On a side note. Just like those who make rape/sexual harassments claims and get their name and character dragged through the dirt. You might not agree with people who make these claims and none of us will ever know all the facts. But these people must really feel strongly about their feelings to do that to themselves. It is a significant sacrifice. 

Rape cases are usually not reported much less taken to court because as anyone who has ever known anyone who deals in legal cases and what goes on in court and litigation the original rape is just the first rape. The entire legal process is another form of rape in and of itself..    

(02-02-2022, 02:04 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not impossible but it's unlikely the league makes money no matter who wins and as far as betting the way it's set up the house has the highest percentage to win. 

It's not even about gambling for the league owners. It's all about what's the most profitable. Pretty sure the league owners didn't become owners by buying lottery tickets at a BP station.. 

(02-02-2022, 02:04 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not impossible but it's unlikely the league makes money no matter who wins and as far as betting the way it's set up the house has the highest percentage to win. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL)
I dunno if wanting to throw games is worse than this in terms of betting.
(02-02-2022, 02:09 PM)grampahol Wrote: It's not even about gambling for the league owners. It's all about what's the most profitable. Pretty sure the league owners didn't become owners by buying lottery tickets at a BP station.. 

Gaming lawyers are one of the few forces that could realistically challenge the NFL.
Well, it is a multi billion dollar entertainment business and the big media players are in on it too. Nobody wants to go around killing geese that are laying golden eggs for them.. I know I damned sure wouldn't if just one of those eggs was rolling down my street..